Dog barking..the solution, any electronics experts out there?

AllanB

I live in a beautifull house (rented) but next door and the house behind me have barking dogs. Next to me whole day, and behind me whole night.

The owner of my house moved out for this. He leased his house, but untill now nobody leased the house for longer then one year.

I do the same. I move out. Hopefully the next house wil have no barking dog around me. But to make myself comfident about this, i only will rent a house in a village where barking dogs are not allowed.

As said before, most Thai people do the same with dogs as with their children. Allow everything, dont take care and dont disciplin them.

• Like 2

Bought one of these delux models with the volume level knob from the USA. I live in a soi with narrow streets, It did nothing to the dog across the street, and I had it pointed directly at the carport its at in the evening. These devices to me are totally worthless, like maybe in the same catagory as the little box you plug into a house outlet which is suppose to chase the bugs away.

you haven't stated whether you live in a rural or urban area. If it is urban I can understand the barking can become annoying but is it incessant or only early morning? It seems to me you don't like being woken up. Unfortunately Thai's treat their animals like their children no punishment, no discipline, no consideration for others. If the owner is falang maybe you could approach him. My dogs bark but only at strangers not at nothing. Thai's are just irresponsible dog owners. As to your solutions most deterrents are exactly that, some have more success than others but some can have the complete opposite effect. Unless the dog has been properly trained or disciplined by the owner not much you do will make a difference. I always note there seems to be a massive polar difference between dog owners/ haters in Thailand some of the sick comments people put on here about what they would do to the dogs are disgraceful. Pretty weak, very cowardly and taking it out on the dog is never the solution. Dig around in your undies see if you can find a pair and deal with the owner would be my advice.

The dogs and nuisance owners go beyond the noise pollution. Without doing any systematic research I know of 3 people in my vicinity who have had road accidents from loose dogs. One was very serious as the dog brought down and hospitalised my step-daughter. (She was robbed whilst lying unconscious on the ground, but that's another story.)

I wonder if this 3rd World phenomenon can partly explain Thailand's appalling carnage on the road.

Getting back to the topic, we have seen above how selfish and inconsiderate dog-owners can be. We are not just talking brainless Thai owners here; the bane of my life are two Germans who seem deaf to both their dog's lack of training and their neighbours' complaints.

Small wonder people are driven to consider the ultimate solution. I have bought a house on a nice estate where I want to live out my few remaining years in peace only to have this dream shattered by retards.

• Like 1

The behaviour of dogs are a reflection of the owner.

I have one farang neighbour who keeps 4 dogs. When they go off there is no discipline applied to quell their disturbing noise. Yet when he at his gate talking to someone and the dogs start he he ushers them away. Which tells me he doesn't care if his dogs are disturbing others, just not him.

And another thai neighbour whose dogs barks incessantly at another neighbour who walks her dog same time everyday, which in turn starts the progression of barking up and down the soi. Not once have I heard her try and stop her dog, yet she will proudly walk her mutt past all the house where other dogs live and create more disturbance.

As I said it is not the dogs fault, rather the lack of consideration of the dog owner.

I must admit it was much worse when I moved here. A few rocks thrown and a loud voice of disapproval have let many know I'm not happy. Sure they don't talk to me other than a good morning which I initiate, but I don't need them as friends, just to have a little neighbourly respect.

If you are my neighbour and I catch you using this on my dogs I'll guarantee you will be woken real early every damn morning and it will not be from dogs barking.

Understood. So you must be from Switzerland, or Austria and you'll start "jodling" in the morning. Impressive. I prefer dogs barking instead.

post-158336-0-23922700-1417761931_thumb.

negative reinforcement works.

buy a shock collar that looks similar to the one the dog is currently wearing.

wait until the owners are out, and then tranquilize the dog, quickly, with an air gun and some pointed object dipped in medication.

Jump the fence, put on the collar.

everytime the dog barks, he will got shocked....reducing him to a trembling stack of nerves.

Alternatively, get a high powered laser (instructions on line)

aim for the eyes....

ah yes blinding the dog is sure to make it bark less.... what a informative and constructive comment...... pillock

You think I was serious....????

The simple answer is if the dog was there before you MOVE!

If not, the other answer is MOVE! to a location where no one else is around you or third and final answer MOVE TO A CONDO WHERE DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED!

All the condos I have lived in dogs were not allowed, but about every other unit had at least one dog! You can get the amphur to collect strays but what Thais do is go round and stick collars on them so that they will not be taken. Of course they do not go round and clear up the shit, take them to the vets or look after the pups. Tried telling parents of young kids the potential dangers from bacteria in dog shit but they need a Thai to tell them or them not believe

• Like 1

The simple answer is if the dog was there before you MOVE!

If not, the other answer is MOVE! to a location where no one else is around you or third and final answer MOVE TO A CONDO WHERE DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED!

All the condos I have lived in dogs were not allowed, but about every other unit had at least one dog! You can get the amphur to collect strays but what Thais do is go round and stick collars on them so that they will not be taken. Of course they do not go round and clear up the shit, take them to the vets or look after the pups. Tried telling parents of young kids the potential dangers from bacteria in dog shit but they need a Thai to tell them or them not believe

If Condos do not allow for animals but many have them that is the association board that you should attach not the dog owners? If you lived in one that has broken the rule then do not buy into one and if you already have purchased get a lawyer and fight the system. Do not get me wrong I agree with everything you are saying about pet owners in Thailand. Having kids it is easy to make one taking care of them is a whole different story and Thai love to have dogs? Little puppet but then leave them fend for themselves and I know my whole neighbor is full of them! every Soi, can't walk shit everywhere. To be honest it is inhuman I rather see the Viet's come in their trucks and take them to eat? Sorry the way some of them look they would be better off?

Blame the local government again for non-enforcement but if you speak or treat a dog bad you are a very BAD MAN! This is Thailand! I know what you are talking about!

Edited by thailand49

I think a dog patrol should be set up and all stray dogs be collected up and you should have dog licences and owners fined if dogs make a nusceince of them ha ha living in cloud cookoo land please some one do something before I shoot them all can't even go for a ride on my bike dogs everywhere barking chasing aggressive dogs have been bitten but managed to kick it off still have the scar .

And don mega I will happily come and bit you and your family then we can all act like dogs like you seem to do

And I am a dog lover had them all my life but treated them well and they never barked unless someone was attacking me

TIT.

If it wasn't for the fact that this is ThaiVisa I think all of this whining could be posted on any and all forums in any country, including most local newspapers.

Get over it.

Dogs bark.

Don't like it?

Do something about it!

No balls to do something about it?

Then move.

But for gods sake stop whining like little suburban raised spoilt brats.

Did you really expect Thailand to be like Hounslow?

• Like 2

Mudcrab - 'Dogs bark.'. Untrained dogs with foolish owners bark. This problem is rarely found in civilised countries.

'But for gods sake stop whining like little suburban raised spoilt brats.' I was raised in suburbia. I worked all my life to retire to some peace. This peace is being shattered by thoughtless, brainless retards AKA dog-owners.

Why should I move - the German cretins came after me. I've bought my house; they rent theirs.

i used water

A Songkron water pistol to get the distance or go buy a 5 litre water sprayer from Homepro that has a good reach

Both neighbours dogs and mine have quietened down quit well until a complete stranger comes into the soi But i can understand that

I sleep in peace

Had this problem in Darwin, Oz and the neighbours were unaware, as it only did it (loudly and continuously) when they were not home (usually 6-days at work). Local 'dog warden' taped this non-stop racket and they obligingly agreed to have a sound activated "citronella spray" collar attached to the dog. Problem Solved, - not a single bark until the spray can had to be replaced!

You'd think dogs would like a spray of water on a hot day but evidently not. I've got one stray in the neighborhood and when our gate was open he'd wander in and make himself at home in the yard. The first couple times I sprayed him with the garden hose, last time I only had to walk toward the faucet and he'd leave. Now I can leave the gate open and he just lays outside.

i used water

A Songkron water pistol to get the distance or go buy a 5 litre water sprayer from Homepro that has a good reach

Both neighbours dogs and mine have quietened down quit well until a complete stranger comes into the soi But i can understand that

I sleep in peace

If you are my neighbour and I catch you using this on my dogs I'll guarantee you will be woken real early every damn morning and it will not be from dogs barking.

It high frequency, so you won't hear it!

But he will be awake real early worried sick why his dogs aren't barking

You'd think dogs would like a spray of water on a hot day but evidently not. I've got one stray in the neighborhood and when our gate was open he'd wander in and make himself at home in the yard. The first couple times I sprayed him with the garden hose, last time I only had to walk toward the faucet and he'd leave. Now I can leave the gate open and he just lays outside.

i used water

I sleep in peace

I taught the 6 dogs across the road to not come into my yard, and they do not bark much during the day.

It is at night that they start up, difficult to get up and spray water at all hours of the night.

i live in a gated community and the woman accross the street has 3 dogs which she leaves out in her front garden every week day whilst she goes to work from 7a.m. till at least 6p.m. sometimes even later they bark at anyone who goes past at the postman the refuge men the children in fact they even bark at themselves,they are like shitzu dogs with a constant annoying bark, when it was mentioned to her about this all she says is they not welcome inside they make mess and chew things up. I have lived her for only 4 weeks and never seen her exercise them. They are a pain in the arse as even at weekends she lets then out into her garden so she can relax.They are not the kind of dogs you can go up to and pat or stroke,in fact if anyone even goes within 10 feet of her gate they yap like <deleted>, yes i have considered rat poisened meat but there are cats nearby so why should they suffer. Anyone any good suggestions

i live in a gated community and the woman accross the street has 3 dogs which she leaves out in her front garden every week day whilst she goes to work from 7a.m. till at least 6p.m. sometimes even later they bark at anyone who goes past at the postman the refuge men the children in fact they even bark at themselves,they are like shitzu dogs with a constant annoying bark, when it was mentioned to her about this all she says is they not welcome inside they make mess and chew things up. I have lived her for only 4 weeks and never seen her exercise them. They are a pain in the arse as even at weekends she lets then out into her garden so she can relax.They are not the kind of dogs you can go up to and pat or stroke,in fact if anyone even goes within 10 feet of her gate they yap like <deleted>, yes i have considered rat poisened meat but there are cats nearby so why should they suffer. Anyone any good suggestions

Poster AlanAunuum already answered your question:

I SUGGEST YOU BUY A GUN problem solved

negative reinforcement works.

buy a shock collar that looks similar to the one the dog is currently wearing.

wait until the owners are out, and then tranquilize the dog, quickly, with an air gun and some pointed object dipped in medication.

Jump the fence, put on the collar.

everytime the dog barks, he will got shocked....reducing him to a trembling stack of nerves.

Alternatively, get a high powered laser (instructions on line)

aim for the eyes....

ah yes blinding the dog is sure to make it bark less.... what a informative and constructive comment...... pillock

You think I was serious....????

well I thought the urban ninja thing was a bit OTT but on TV anything is possible.. some of the &lt;deleted&gt; people write on her about what they would do to dogs is reprehensible so it wouldn't seem unreasonable for someone to suggest what you have and been serious about it