re-entry permit use

Hi

Got a quick question on re-entry permit use.

I’m on a 12 months extension of stay ( retirement visa )

Its stamped for the 1 December 2015.

I will be leaving Thailand in a few days and returning on the 7 Jan 2015

What should be stamped in my passport when I come back in ?

A new 90 day report time , or stamped again till the 1 December 2015 ?

And what is stamped on the tm6 on return.?

I just want to be sure its right when I come back

Thanks.

• Like 1

And if you arrive on 7. Jan 2015, your next 90 day report is due for April 6.

(grace period: 15 days before, 7 days after)

You will have no stamp/document showing this new date.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

i returned into Swampy on my first use of a re-entry visa last month (on a retirement extension)......the IO stamped the passport BUT bid not stamp a date as usual, I asked him why there was no date of allowed stay (thinking it would be a 90 day..like on Non B visa) I WAS POLITE and tired after a 16 hour flight ...he went fgking ballistic grabbed the passport out of my hand ripped out the TM6 and started to shout get out now!!! ..I said what is your problem you are an IO and I am asking an Immigration question?..he then grabbed the passport again re-stapled the TM6 and gave the passport back and said GO..I was in total shock, went into the baggage area looking for the IO supervisor that’s normally around but i could not see and to be honest I was so angry it would have made the problem worse if I found him, so just as well really.

Anyway ..I looked at the passport the next day and saw that the IO had put the date in a very faint light blue pen not a date stamp but biro ink, half over the bottom line of the stamp, you really can tell it there until you look at the scribble ...its the same date (i think) as the extension of stay expiry.

This all took place at the Premium Immigration Counter at 18:30 (large group of Chinese were being sent thro fast track and they were all in shock at what was happening)...as far as i am concerned thai IO are a complete joke they are Ignorant I would not pay them with peanuts…my days in this place are now coming to an end very quickly

i returned into Swampy on my first use of a re-entry visa last month (on a retirement extension)......the IO stamped the passport BUT bid not stamp a date as usual, I asked him why there was no date of allowed stay (thinking it would be a 90 day..like on Non B visa) I WAS POLITE and tired after a 16 hour flight ...he went fgking ballistic grabbed the passport out of my hand ripped out the TM6 and started to shout get out now!!! ..I said what is your problem you are an IO and I am asking an Immigration question?..he then grabbed the passport again re-stapled the TM6 and gave the passport back and said GO..I was in total shock, went into the baggage area looking for the IO supervisor that’s normally around but i could not see and to be honest I was so angry it would have made the problem worse if I found him, so just as well really.

Anyway ..I looked at the passport the next day and saw that the IO had put the date in a very faint light blue pen not a date stamp but biro ink, half over the bottom line of the stamp, you really can tell it there until you look at the scribble ...its the same date (i think) as the extension of stay expiry.

This all took place at the Premium Immigration Counter at 18:30 (large group of Chinese were being sent thro fast track and they were all in shock at what was happening)...as far as i am concerned thai IO are a complete joke they are Ignorant I would not pay them with peanuts…my days in this place are now coming to an end very quickly

Was this your first time back into LOS following a trip to foreign parts on a re-entry permit relating to the second year of an OA visa or retirement extension? It is normal practice, in my experience, for IO's at BKK to write, rather than stamp, the "Admitted Until" date in your passport in the circumstances you describe.

And I have never encountered any problems myself with rude IO's at BKK on this account - unlike the one I encountered with a miserable jobsworth check-in assistant at LGW a few years ago, who initially flatly refused to allow me to board my return Emirates flight to BKK via DXB, despite the valid re-entry permit in my passport, until I kicked up an almighty stink with her!