Flax Seeds

Lost in LOS

I have been trying to find flax seeds in thailand but havent been able to. i live in jomtien but will go to wherever i can find them. checked a few internet sites but they didnt deliver to thailand. anyone know where or how i can get them?

thanks

jimmy

I have been trying to find flax seeds in thailand but havent been able to. i live in jomtien but will go to wherever i can find them. checked a few internet sites but they didnt deliver to thailand. anyone know where or how i can get them?

thanks

jimmy

We got 'em here in Chiang Mai. You can buy them from either of the Aden Health Food shops, either of the Rimping Supermarkets or either of the branches of Kasem store.

Last visit home I asked at a large seed company for flax seed. They insisted that linseed was infact flax seed. When I returned here I put a few in good soil mix and nothing has ever come up. I still have about 1kg of the stuff and would like to germinate some. Any clues as to a) is linseed flax seed and :o how to grow it. If I do have the right stuff I can post you some as I have plenty.

Last visit home I asked at a large seed company for flax seed. They insisted that linseed was infact flax seed. When I returned here I put a few in good soil mix and nothing has ever come up. I still have about 1kg of the stuff and would like to germinate some. Any clues as to a) is linseed flax seed and :o how to grow it. If I do have the right stuff I can post you some as I have plenty.

Yeah Flax and Linseed are the same things. You can read more at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax

Not sure why you would want to plant them unless you just like the look of the plant or are planning to harvest it for fibre.

If it's just flax seed sprouts for eating that you want then you don't put them in soil, you sprout them the same way as you would soy or mung beans ie. in an upturned jar with some cheesecloth over the end. Keep in a warm, dark place and rinse regularly.

• 2 years later...

Friendship Supermarket Pattaya Tai stocks them in large bags for about 100 baht (good deal, from Australia) in their breakfast cereal section. However, right now they are out of stock and when they are out of stock on such things, it can take a month to find them again.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...