thai way of life to sad life of frangs

opalred

Thais often put the most ornate and gargantuan gates on their house.

I don't know which idealised life the OP is talking about, but my experience is it can come about because in villages the people may be so poor they have nothing worth stealing and so they don't close the door.

This also happens when the kids aren't in school, mum isn't working and grandma is home being taken care of. Everyone is home and no one is working, so no need to lock anything.

Most of the houses don't have doors. They just park Granny in front of the shack chewing betel nut.

Just incase this Gem was missed ... ATF ... Classic ... wink.png

Scarey, the wife's family used to give her a bottle of whiskey, pack of ciggies & betel nuts

Biggest load of garbage I have seen in a while, well at least today, maybe if they learnt how to use full stops and comma's it would help

Indeed. Now, how many sentences are there in the section I quoted above? And how many full stops? And, by the way, you don't use apostrophes to form plurals. Should of lerned his grammer, innit. Better luck next time, eh.

Biggest load of garbage I have seen in a while, well at least today, maybe if they learnt how to use full stops and comma's it would help

Indeed. Now, how many sentences are there in the section I quoted above? And how many full stops? And, by the way, you don't use apostrophes to form plurals. Should of lerned his grammer, innit. Better luck next time, eh.

That should of red "sentence's, apostrophe's, full stop's" and plural's"

Right it out 100 time's.

I admire and respect the OP's sentiments. Different strokes for different folks. If someone has forsaken the Western rat race we all run, I won't assume they are less happy for the experience and jealous of those opting to stay in the rat race. I didn't realise this forum was meant to be for criticising other people's competence or otherwise in English grammar. Too many people on here seem to have an unpleasant superiority complex in this regard.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

I admire and respect the OP's sentiments

Yes. It seems like fair comment on the lives and attitudes of an awful lot of white immigrants in Thailand.

I didn't realise this forum was meant to be for criticising other people's competence or otherwise in English grammar. Too many people on here have an unpleasant superiority complex.

Indeed. I do it only when those who complain are themselves guilty of making the most egregious mistakes. If someone is posting on a forum and gets mixed up between their and there or thinks that the plural of Thai is Thai's, well, it really doesn't matter.

Edited by Zooheekock
  • Like 1

I admire and respect the OP's sentiments. Different strokes for different folks. If someone has forsaken the Western rat race we all run, I won't assume they are less happy for the experience and jealous of those opting to stay in the rat race. I didn't realise this forum was meant to be for criticising other people's competence or otherwise in English grammar. Too many people on here seem to have an unpleasant superiority complex in this regard.

He ran the rat race and lost. That's why he lives in a sh..hole..

I help where I can where I feel a person needs it. I just don't do it for the merit or to improve my own luck. I've opened my doors to Thai friends down on their luck, in my previous apartment I gave the keys out had my friend staying there while I was away, came back and she was gone but the condo was spotless and nothing missing. Then she went off to Germany didn't work out of course ended up back with no money and no where to live so out came the keys again and now she's back on her feet. Didn't take advantage of her at any stage either. Paid for a hotel in Hua Hin for her to take her daughter on her birthday. She lives in same soi as me and I just help her out from time to time and doesn't take advantage of the generosity.

I feed the soi dogs and I donate money.

I saw a distressed woman walking around asoke with baby in arms, I thought nothing to shove a couple thou in her hand and just walk away.

I'm well know around my soi, local eateries and I like to think I'm a part of the community, I try my best to fit in that's all I can do.