Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

(Re; the policeman who is buddies with Mon and who (along with Mon) allegedly threatened Sean with death if Sean spoke what he knows about the crime): satsanddogs asks: Is that actually a fact that police are 'off limits' in investigations in Thailand? Or do you mean just in this case? Has his name been issued in any press reports do you know?
Obviously it's not officially announced (that cops are off-limits as suspects in criminal investigations). But from 20 years following crime stories here in Thailand, I can say that the only time a cop is implicated in a crime, is when it's very obvious. 3 examples: the cop who shot the farang lady at point blank range (and also shot and killed an Irish young man) in Pai. Another: A cop who killed a British couple in Kanchanaburi. Incidentally, both shootings stemmed from drunken lustful rage. There's also the cop who (again drunk and horny) chopped off the arm of a Thai woman when she rebuffed his crude sexual advances.

In each case, it was as obvious as water is wet, so there was some disciplinary action. However, in each case, the convicted cops were essentially 'let out the back door of the jail, when no one was looking' - a short time after being jailed.

In the Ko Tao case, the cop has not been mentioned at all by Thai authorities. It's obvious why not.

Just to add to that, Mon and this police guy were among the first suspects arrested in this case and subsequently refused to provide DNA samples!!! Then they were released through lack of evidence, so both of them have failed to provide DNA, unbelievable and yes above justice and 'off limits'

I don't recall the cop with the ears was arrested, or even formally questioned. I recall Mon was questioned (for 3 hours) but I don't think he was arrested either. I think Mon (and his nephew) were suspects for the first 12 days or so, but I don't think the cop was ever a suspect. I'm open to being corrected.

Yes both slime balls were arrested and refused to give DNA http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

Slime balls... Nope certainly no OTT bias there!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Re; the policeman who is buddies with Mon and who (along with Mon) allegedly threatened Sean with death if Sean spoke what he knows about the crime): satsanddogs asks: Is that actually a fact that police are 'off limits' in investigations in Thailand? Or do you mean just in this case? Has his name been issued in any press reports do you know?
Obviously it's not officially announced (that cops are off-limits as suspects in criminal investigations). But from 20 years following crime stories here in Thailand, I can say that the only time a cop is implicated in a crime, is when it's very obvious. 3 examples: the cop who shot the farang lady at point blank range (and also shot and killed an Irish young man) in Pai. Another: A cop who killed a British couple in Kanchanaburi. Incidentally, both shootings stemmed from drunken lustful rage. There's also the cop who (again drunk and horny) chopped off the arm of a Thai woman when she rebuffed his crude sexual advances.

In each case, it was as obvious as water is wet, so there was some disciplinary action. However, in each case, the convicted cops were essentially 'let out the back door of the jail, when no one was looking' - a short time after being jailed.

In the Ko Tao case, the cop has not been mentioned at all by Thai authorities. It's obvious why not.

Just to add to that, Mon and this police guy were among the first suspects arrested in this case and subsequently refused to provide DNA samples!!! Then they were released through lack of evidence, so both of them have failed to provide DNA, unbelievable and yes above justice and 'off limits'

I don't recall the cop with the ears was arrested, or even formally questioned. I recall Mon was questioned (for 3 hours) but I don't think he was arrested either. I think Mon (and his nephew) were suspects for the first 12 days or so, but I don't think the cop was ever a suspect. I'm open to being corrected.

Yes both slime balls were arrested and refused to give DNA http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

Slime balls is a very conservative expression for people who refuse to give DNA when they are suspects in a murder case, yes lots of bias

I too am biased. I'm biased toward finding the truth of what happened that night. If any of the Headman's people are found guilty, they should have the full force of punishment. Unfortunately, that's very unlikely, because the Headman's people are virtually immune from again being pegged as suspects. Slime balls is too nice a word for men who would do a crime like that. Only slightly less than slimeballs, are those who would protect the real killers, by dereliction of their duties as investigators and upholders of the law. Money talks, criminals walk.

I too am biased. I'm biased toward finding the truth of what happened that night. If any of the Headman's people are found guilty, they should have the full force of punishment. Unfortunately, that's very unlikely, because the Headman's people are virtually immune from again being pegged as suspects. Slime balls is too nice a word for men who would do a crime like that. Only slightly less than slimeballs, are those who would protect the real killers, by dereliction of their duties as investigators and upholders of the law. Money talks, criminals walk.

"headman's people " again... ( twice)

Koh Tao Suspects Innocent: Govt Investigation Team

RANGOON — A team formed by the Burmese government to investigate the Koh Tao case has announced that it is confident the two Burmese nationals accused of the double murder are innocent of the crime.

Three members of a special support team operating out of the Burmese Embassy in Thailand told a press conference on Thursday that Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, would be exonerated of the September murder of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller in Koh Tao, but it will take time, money and effort for the truth to be fully revealed.

“However the Thai judiciary decides on the case, it is our belief that these two kids did not commit the crime,” said Htoo Chit, a spokesman for the investigation. “According to what we know and eyewitness information we have gathered, we believe they are innocent.”

As a longtime migrant rights activist and executive director of the Foundation for Education and Development, Htoo Chit said that the case against the pair had important ramifications for migrant workers in Thailand from across the region.

“This case is not only about Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun,” he said. “This is also about protecting the rights of millions of migrants from Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar who came to work in Thailand due to economic hardship.”

Aung Myo Thant, a Burmese lawyer who is part of the Burmese Embassy’s special support team for the defendants, told the press conference that the translator used during the police interrogation of the suspects falsely claimed to be a representative of the embassy, and told the suspects that they would be subject to a lighter penalty if they admitted their guilt.

“According to the Thai law, the translator used in Police station and court must hold a certificate recognized by the state,” he said. “But the translators used in Surat Thani and in Koh Samui had no accreditation.”

The investigating team said they had identified at least three key witnesses for the defense case in Rakhine State, Sagaing Division and Tenasserim Division, but they are unwilling to testify for fear it will jeopardize their future chances of working in Thailand.

CONT

http://www.irrawaddy.org/burma/koh-tao-suspects-innocent-govt-investigation-team.html

catsanddogs, on 14 Dec 2014 - 11:34, said:
thailandchilli, on 14 Dec 2014 - 11:07, said:

***needed some of the starting quotes****

Hard to imagine but easy enough to stage by the puppet masters

And a punch with one of those vile rings (whatever they're called) might be likely to cause both the bruise and the the cut at the same time.

There may have been more than one person wearing one of those rings that night. I came across the attached photo some time ago. It is from the man's own FB page.

Isn't that the RTP "friend" of the AC bar owner who joined in to threaten and chase Sean into the 7Eleven? (the f----r on the right)

ScreenHunter_283%2BOct.%2B04%2B13.19.jpg

Photo taken by Sean from behind the 7Eleven counter - left owner of AC bar known as a violent weapons lover. Right his friend who (how convenient) is a Koh Tao policeman...

xpost-222707-0-27774400-1418867462_thumb

He seems to wear the rings with the ray teeth on both hands!

He's like a character out of a Spaghetti Western, that guy. A bit like the El Indio character played by Gian Maria Volonté in For a Few Dollars More.

I wonder who the 2 Burmese guys think committed the crime. They must have an opinion as they worked on the island and one at AC bar.

Didn't one of them say in a report that the killer was off the island? Where is big ears now?

?? still on the island I guess? Still posting on his personal facebook page to, this pic was from the 20th Nov

post-223227-0-47810300-1418915280_thumb.

I wonder who the 2 Burmese guys think committed the crime. They must have an opinion as they worked on the island and one at AC bar.

Didn't one of them say in a report that the killer was off the island? Where is big ears now?

?? still on the island I guess? Still posting on his personal facebook page to, this pic was from the 20th Nov

Nice rings on the left hand whistling.gif

Pot...kettle, "I think they changed it now" should it have not read, "they have changed it now" which you know to be true not think

Obviously you will find any excuse to dismiss anything that doesn't fit the way you want things to be.

All I want is the truth and we are getting closer to it all the time, check out the video above.

EDIT, removed the word son

Edited by Willy Eckerslike

Pot...kettle, "I think they changed it now" should it have not read, "they have changed it now" which you know to be true not think

I think you are trying to deflect from the fact that they confessed to the crime when talking freely to Myanmar officials.

Obviously you will find any excuse to dismiss anything that doesn't fit the way you want things to be.

All I want is the truth and we are getting closer to it all the time, check out the video above.

EDIT, removed the word son

The video were they say they think there may be witnesses that may have information that may help the accused but don't come forward because they may be scared of the police or their bosses?. That's a lot of speculation.

What the Myanmar government may want to do in the meantime is to call their own officials that actually talked to the accused and actually received their confession as witnesses, you know, to actually get closer to the truth.

AleG

The only deflection has come from you, seeing as they have recanted ALL confessions which you are well aware of unless you failed to read the numerous reports including the link I sent you just a couple of hours ago.

Pray tell, what am I deflecting?

Sounds like you read the message about yourself in the mirror.

Still, you really seem intent on nailing the B2. Any hint of something which might exonerate them (witness testimony, for example) is discounted and/or firmly resisted. I admit I've got a bias (toward seeing the real culprits nailed). Will you admit you're similarly biased (toward nailing the Burmese)? ....or pretend you're objective about it all?

Sounds like you read the message about yourself in the mirror.

Still, you really seem intent on nailing the B2. Any hint of something which might exonerate them (witness testimony, for example) is discounted and/or firmly resisted. I admit I've got a bias (toward seeing the real culprits nailed). Will you admit you're similarly biased (toward nailing the Burmese)? ....or pretend you're objective about it all?

Well, you can start listing the witnesses and/or evidence that exonerates them.

My only bias is towards facts and reason, I don't care who the culprits are as long as the facts prove their guilt, if anyone can prove that any of the suspects you'd love to be the real murderers is actually guilty it's fine by me but so far you and your conspiracy club have produced absolutely nothing resembling proof of anything.

The video were they say they think there may be witnesses that may have information that may help the accused but don't come forward because they may be scared of the police or their bosses?. That's a lot of speculation.

What the Myanmar government may want to do in the meantime is to call their own officials that actually talked to the accused and actually received their confession as witnesses, you know, to actually get closer to the truth.

I think you need to watch the video again starting at 1.43 the chap talking is Mr Kyaw Thaung, the very same chap you are quoting as speaking to DVB rolleyes.gif

EDIT, You know, the Myanmar government official that actually talked to the accused,

EDIT, So maybe, You know, we might actually be getting closer to the truth.

Edited by Willy Eckerslike

Does anyone know his name?

Does anyone know his name?

"Anutehp Intachart"

I'll send you a pm with the facebook link

I think you need to watch the video again starting at 1.43 the chap talking is Mr Kyaw Thaung, the very same chap you are quoting as speaking to DVB rolleyes.gif

EDIT, You know the Myanmar government official that actually talked to the accused,

Yes, and so?

EDIT, You know the Myanmar government official that actually talked to the accused,

Yes, and so?

So maybe, you know, we might be actually getting closer to the truth,