Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the reconstruction they didn't use a hoe, they used a dust pan, are you going to claim that the police story is that they actually used a dust pan for the murder based on that? rolleyes.gif

The only people clinging to they say the hoe was used on both victims are conspiracy theorists like yourself.

"Police now believe that two weapons were used to bludgeon the Britons to death on Koh Tao’s main beach in the early hours of Sept 15."

"Officers were also understood to be searching areas of forest on the east side of the island. A police diver was seen searching an area of coast near the murder scene for a metal object thought to have been used as a second murder weapon."

"Police divers today scrapped the sea floor in their hunt for the weapon used to bludgeon Brit David Miller..."

Now do the usual thing, were you ignore that you are factually wrong and try to change the subject to something else.

There was trace of David's DNA on the Hoe.

The Roti seller said they B2 had used a bottle on Davids head.

Are you able to give a link re trace of David's blood on hoe please.

It was in a Bangkok post piece which u cannot post on here I believe?

There was also 3 DNA taken from Hannah after he murder none was from David.

Sean also said he was among a group of people playing guitar on the beach near the scene.

Mr Sean claimed he did not go out anywhere but slept in the room, Montriwat said.

Police freed both Montriwat and his brother Woraphan after blood and urine test did not match DNA collected from the scene, and no drug addiction was found.

But police investigators said more test would be conducted and they are still hunting for another suspect who is the son of the AC Bars owner and was reported to flee into Bangkok.

But as Montriwat is the man appeared in the CCTV video footage near the scene, the police still did not rule out a possible connection.

The police still wanted to question both for more information, particularly Wiraphans two sons who they said have escaped from the island after the murder.

But well-informed source said in fact both sons who the Bangkok police are hunting are studying at a university in Bangkok and they arrived just on study, not running as the police said.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-twist-murder-two-brits-koh-tao

Thanks topcat. In this one Sean was playing guitar at the beach.

Must be more bad reporting.

But the thing I was wanting is right here.

1.mon was the one in the video.

2.the police were searching for

Two brothers .

3. They were not running from police they were just going back to university. Which obviously means they were not at the university and then arrived there from somewhere.

At this time the whole thing changed.

If you look in another place mon explains why he was in the video.

I always wonder what ? is trying to distract us from when ? gets on here and posts loooooong meaningless arguments. Could it be meaningful ?work about the people at ac bar.

Hannah's Inquest is adjourned.

They are having a review of the evidence (as they haven't finished compiling it) on the 6th now and will set a further date.

Courtesy of Norwich Coroners Office.

Wow, not such an open and shut case. Three months to compile information. Could this be in relations to the report from the observers? Maybe they are taking many things in to consideration. Or maybe trying to see if the scenario the rtp is stating can even happened.

What exactly will the inquest do for the case?

Many things. Could show if there was dna collected. Could show how many samples. Could show hannah was shot. Might even possibly show if she (bless her soul) was invaded before or after death. It Could support the rtp theory or blow it out of the park.

More damning would be David's inquest. Have not heard about that.

26 Dec 2014

Koh Tao murders: suspects in killing of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge say they were framed Two migrant workers accused of murdering David Miller and Hannah Witheridge on the Thai tourist island of Koh Tao claim they are being framed by “influential people

Amnesty International called for a “transparent" inquiry into those claims, which were denied by police, and in late October a group of officers from the Metropolitan police travelled to Thailand to “observe” the investigation after the Foreign Office made public its concerns. Thai newspapers have described the police’s investigation as “disturbingly unprofessional”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11313714/Koh-Tao-murders-suspects-in-killing-of-David-Miller-and-Hannah-Witheridge-say-they-were-framed.html

Edited by StealthEnergiser

They are having a review of the evidence (as they haven't finished compiling it) on the 6th now and will set a further date.

Wow, not such an open and shut case. Three months to compile information. Could this be in relations to the report from the observers? Maybe they are taking many things in to consideration. Or maybe trying to see if the scenario the rtp is stating can even happened.

Many things. Could show if there was dna collected. Could show how many samples. Could show hannah was shot. Might even possibly show if she (bless her soul) was invaded before or after death. It Could support the rtp theory or blow it out of the park.

Maybe it will be adjourned until after the trial?

I don't know if that's the intention. Anyway its ay 9.50am 6th Jan in Norwich for interested people. its A public hearing.

At the reconstruction they didn't use a hoe, they used a dust pan, are you going to claim that the police story is that they actually used a dust pan for the murder based on that? rolleyes.gif

The only people clinging to they say the hoe was used on both victims are conspiracy theorists like yourself.

"Police now believe that two weapons were used to bludgeon the Britons to death on Koh Tao’s main beach in the early hours of Sept 15."

"Officers were also understood to be searching areas of forest on the east side of the island. A police diver was seen searching an area of coast near the murder scene for a metal object thought to have been used as a second murder weapon."

"Police divers today scrapped the sea floor in their hunt for the weapon used to bludgeon Brit David Miller..."

Now do the usual thing, were you ignore that you are factually wrong and try to change the subject to something else.

Your going back a long way there AleG and when others do that you accuse them of cherry picking.

The RTP have changed their stories many times since then and if you bothered to go to the latest article in the Telegraph dated 26th Dec rather than the one you picked dated 24th Sept then you will see the latest news and the evidence from the actual prosecutors documents in court:

"during a court hearing on Friday on the nearby island of Koh Samui, a judge ruled their trial would start on July 8. Prosecution documents seen by The Telegraph allege the two men killed both Mr Miller and Ms Witheridge with a hoe."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11313714/Koh-Tao-murders-suspects-in-killing-of-David-Miller-and-Hannah-Witheridge-say-they-were-framed.html

There are also many other reports stating that the hoe is the only weapon the prosecution is stating as the one which killed both Hannah and David.

So according to you the prosecution are now conspiracy theorists!clap2.gif

Well, go on then, what other sources claim the hoe was the only weapon used?

???...why don't you have the common courtesy of either coming up with one more statement backing up your claim. If you don't, don't answer with such childish statement.

I gave three different links, what is childish about it?

Aye it's all kicking off again ... A few bottles of Chang and there u go again.

Why don't we have a thread where we create a time line. One that we can add by agreement specific facts that we can agree on. The dates and locations. A complete wiki of events from the day they arrived with who and where they stayed. Some Google map images etc. Rather than beating each other up with you said he said she said no I didn't lol.

Maybe it will be adjourned until after the trial?

I don't know if that's the intention. Anyway its ay 9.50am 6th Jan in Norwich for interested people. its A public hearing.

Thanks for info. Is that Crown Court Thorpe Rd Norwich do you know please?

26 Dec 2014

Koh Tao murders: suspects in killing of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge say they were framed Two migrant workers accused of murdering David Miller and Hannah Witheridge on the Thai tourist island of Koh Tao claim they are being framed by “influential people

Amnesty International called for a “transparent" inquiry into those claims, which were denied by police, and in late October a group of officers from the Metropolitan police travelled to Thailand to “observe” the investigation after the Foreign Office made public its concerns. Thai newspapers have described the police’s investigation as “disturbingly unprofessional”.

Yes nice to get a little perspective in every now and again. Its not just Thai Visa or the wider social media that is asking questions and demanding answers:

UK Government

That said, we are very concerned by the allegations of corruption and mistreatment of the suspects and it is very important that whoever committed these murders is brought to justice.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

UK Government
"There are two areas we are particularly concerned about. One is the verification of the DNA samples of the suspects, making sure there is further independent verification.
"And the second is the investigation into allegations of mistreatment of the suspects. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29668785
Reprieve
"Maya Foa from the fair trials group Reprieve, said the group extended deep sympathies to the victims’ families and “understand their desire to see that those responsible are held to account”. She added: “We also share their desire to see a fair and transparent trial process. At the moment, however, this does not seem to be happening." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/10/concern-trial-burmese-men-charged-murder-uk-tourists
Amnesty International:
"Thailand must ensure an independent and thorough investigation into mounting allegations of torture and other ill-treatment by police and respect fair trial rights during their probe into the murder of two British tourists on the island of Koh Tao, Amnesty International said today." http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-must-investigate-police-torture-allegations-and-not-violate-rights-tourist-murder-prob
Andy Hall:
“It’s really challenging getting witnesses for them because everyone’s so scared,” Hall said. He said that Thais living on Koh Tao are especially scared to speak out, because they have names and addresses that can be easily tracked. This is their home, they can’t leave the way migrant workers or Western expats can. People are scared that their businesses will be closed or their lives will be threatened, even that they could be killed, Hall said." http://asiancorrespondent.com/128732/koh-tao-murder-suspects-issue-plea-for-witnesses-ahead-of-formal-charges/

Aye it's all kicking off again ... A few bottles of Chang and there u go again.

Why don't we have a thread where we create a time line. One that we can add by agreement specific facts that we can agree on. The dates and locations. A complete wiki of events from the day they arrived with who and where they stayed. Some Google map images etc. Rather than beating each other up with you said he said she said no I didn't lol.

I think the place to start is with a loooong list of sources and claims. For each,claim decide

1. Is it credible?
  2. Has it been superseded or raised into question by later sources?

Once this has been done, timelines, theories and open questions can be properly organized, linking back to those sources. As I stated a few days ago, this is a major undertaking. There will need to be some research done other than just reading news reports to make real progress.

For a model of how the information could be organized, see http://groklaw.net. Note, though, that I envisage a more democratic process in compiling data than Groklaw used during their investigations.

Mon said yes that is me in the video. He said he was sleeping,one of his staff woke him up. I remember making a comment. Apparently he flew out of bed,jumped into his shorts and raced down to the beach. Then ran back again.

I don't know how it became nomsod. Nomsod has been used as a deflector by the people who do not want this investigated

That's the first I've heard that Mon admitted being in the CCTV video. Is that true? ....as well as concocting that story to explain it - is that also what he said?

As for 'how it became Nomsod' - that's my (and some others') conjecture. You can call it a deflection, but I continue to maintain that Nomsod was likely a key player, and should be re-instated as a prime suspect.

Why am I not surprised you can't answer the question? The prosecution and RTP, has shown in the reenactment that the hoe was used to kill David (I agree, the blunt end may have been used to smash his head), but the RTP has made no explanation of the shallow push-blade cuts to his neck and other parts of his upper body. By inference and by demonstration, the RTP (and therefore the prosecution) can't explain the blade wounds in a reasonable way. Indeed, they don't even acknowledge they're inflicted by a sharp blade.

AleG can't address it either, in any detail, because he's fixated on discounting anything which counters the official nonsense emitted by Thai officials. I'm just showing that bit of evidence as one, of dozens, of things which Thai officialdom is WRONG about. I find no glee in pointing out how wrong and inept Thai officials are. However, such things need to be showcased, in order to get closer to the truth of what happened that night - toward nailing the real murderers and rapists. Everything Thai officials have said and done since the replacement head cop was instated by Bkk, has pointed at framing the B2, and shielding people connected to the Headman. Few people, who follow this case, believe otherwise. Even most Thai officials don't believe their own contrived scenario, but they're duty-bound to back it, unless they want to be out of a job, or worse.

At the reconstruction they didn't use a hoe, they used a dust pan, are you going to claim that the police story is that they actually used a dust pan for the murder based on that?

The cops chose to use a dustpan to represent the hoe. Even 5 year olds knew that. Other posts prove cops are pushing the hoe was the weapon used on David - to inflict the stab wounds on his neck and elsewhere. AleG, you're wrong again. But at least you endeavored to answer my question. For that, I commend thee.

Hannah's inquest postponed? If so, it could be because of Thai officialdom pressure (from on high). Thai brass know that findings from the Brits will contradict some of the Thai cops' findings, and may well advantage the defense. It's conjecture on my part.

And someone mentioned: what of David's inquest? Good question.

Hannah's inquest postponed? If so, it could be because of Thai officialdom pressure (from on high). Thai brass know that findings from the Brits will contradict some of the Thai cops' findings, and may well advantage the defense. It's conjecture on my part.

Yes I asked that once also, how about Davids inquest and what date is that? His one seems to have more ramifications regards how his wounds were inflicted. This seems to be the only reference I can find:

The body of a man killed in Thailand is to be released to his family after an inquest opened and adjourned in Jersey http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-29413391

Edited by thailandchilli

The postponement is not a surprise, though I hoped it might hear some evidence and then be adjourned. The inquest cannot deliver a verdict until all the evidence is in, and (like it or not) most of the evidence, tainted or not, must come from Thailand.

The postponement is not a surprise, though I hoped it might hear some evidence and then be adjourned. The inquest cannot deliver a verdict until all the evidence is in, and (like it or not) most of the evidence, tainted or not, must come from Thailand.

I'm not disputing that but what if this case went on for 2 years, unlikely but possible, cases can take that long sometimes. Would that mean the inquest still has to wait?

This would be a good question for JLcrab, he's usually quite good at points of law

Edited by thailandchilli

loonodingle, on 02 Jan 2015 - 15:08, said:

Cats and Dogs FYI.

Norfolk Coroner's Service

County Government Office

69-75 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 1UA

01603 663302

Whoever from TV is attending the inquest in Norwich on 6th Jan, could they please report what is said? No doubt the press will be there but it will be interesting to hear an account of the proceedings by a TV member, given what we discuss here.

No its because they haven't got it all together. Incomplete.

They've had over 3 months, a quarter of a year. Is this common, for it to take so long?

There's a contradiction in there. Brit and Thai police have both stated that the Brits are not doing a crime investigation. I may be wrong, but was of the understanding that Brits are basically looking for cause of death (not who did it), and whether there were drugs involved. In other words, the Brit coroner is focusing on what physically happened to the two victims.

The Brits may request DNA typing (taken by Thai officials) from the bodies of victims, for comparison, but it's doubtful Brits will ask for DNA typing of any suspects or former suspects. Correct me if you think I'm wrong on that. Plus, Thai officials have already stated they won't give DNA from at least one (former) suspect. For same reasons ("British experts trust us on our findings") Thais probably won't offer DNA typing from anyone else of interest.

In sum, Brits don't seem to be focusing on solving the crime, but rather determining cause of death, weapons used, and drugs in blood. 14 weeks seems enough time to determine that.

I'm not disputing that but what if this case went on for 2 years, unlikely but possible, cases can take that long sometimes. Would that mean the inquest still has to wait?

This would be a good question for JLcrab, he's usually quite good at points of law

It is up to the coroner. He may, will probably, wait until the end of the initial trial. He may even wait for the appeal. Coroners hate to issue a verdict and then have the verdict later overturned and inquest reopened. Yes, it could be years.

Edited by BritTim

26 Dec 2014

Yes nice to get a little perspective in every now and again. Its not just Thai Visa or the wider social media that is asking questions and demanding answers:

UK Government

That said, we are very concerned by the allegations of corruption and mistreatment of the suspects and it is very important that whoever committed these murders is brought to justice.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

UK Government

"There are two areas we are particularly concerned about. One is the verification of the DNA samples of the suspects, making sure there is further independent verification.

"And the second is the investigation into allegations of mistreatment of the suspects. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29668785

Reprieve

"Maya Foa from the fair trials group Reprieve, said the group extended deep sympathies to the victims’ families and “understand their desire to see that those responsible are held to account”. She added: “We also share their desire to see a fair and transparent trial process. At the moment, however, this does not seem to be happening." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/10/concern-trial-burmese-men-charged-murder-uk-tourists

Amnesty International:

"Thailand must ensure an independent and thorough investigation into mounting allegations of torture and other ill-treatment by police and respect fair trial rights during their probe into the murder of two British tourists on the island of Koh Tao, Amnesty International said today." http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-must-investigate-police-torture-allegations-and-not-violate-rights-tourist-murder-prob

Andy Hall:

“It’s really challenging getting witnesses for them because everyone’s so scared,” Hall said. He said that Thais living on Koh Tao are especially scared to speak out, because they have names and addresses that can be easily tracked. This is their home, they can’t leave the way migrant workers or Western expats can. People are scared that their businesses will be closed or their lives will be threatened, even that they could be killed, Hall said." http://asiancorrespondent.com/128732/koh-tao-murder-suspects-issue-plea-for-witnesses-ahead-of-formal-charges/

Thanks for the post. For some, these are all conspiracy theorist....Ok..right.....

Your going back a long way there AleG and when others do that you accuse them of cherry picking.

The RTP have changed their stories many times since then and if you bothered to go to the latest article in the Telegraph dated 26th Dec rather than the one you picked dated 24th Sept then you will see the latest news and the evidence from the actual prosecutors documents in court:

"during a court hearing on Friday on the nearby island of Koh Samui, a judge ruled their trial would start on July 8. Prosecution documents seen by The Telegraph allege the two men killed both Mr Miller and Ms Witheridge with a hoe."

There are also many other reports stating that the hoe is the only weapon the prosecution is stating as the one which killed both Hannah and David.

???...why don't you have the common courtesy of either coming up with one more statement backing up your claim. If you don't, don't answer with such childish statement.

I gave three different links, what is childish about it?

It's how you answered in a discussion. Both of you have evidence of statements found in press release. So in that case, why is there a need to produce another link. So it should have been left at that. It's a waste of time. This only amplifies how unprofessional the investigation by the RTP has been.

It's no wonder people have no confidence and can not trust them. Even a simple thing such as this. Can't even get a straight consistent statement. And the public are suppose to figure out which is the correct statement. I guess that is why there are so many discussion here.

aimbc, on 02 Jan 2015 - 12:21, said:
AleG, on 02 Jan 2015 - 12:13, said:
thailandchilli, on 02 Jan 2015 - 11:57, said:
AleG, on 02 Jan 2015 - 11:42, said:

Apparently the leaked Thai autopsy report also claimed that David's wounds were caused by the hoe. I'm not going to provide a link to that source, AleG can find it himself.

Yes I asked that once also, how about Davids inquest and what date is that? His one seems to have more ramifications regards how his wounds were inflicted. This seems to be the only reference I can find:

The body of a man killed in Thailand is to be released to his family after an inquest opened and adjourned in Jersey http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-29413391

As best as I can tell, David's inquest is adjourned with no date yet set for a resumption. I guess we could email them to confirm this.

The best report on what occurred at the short David Miller hearing before it was adjourned was by BBC Channel Island News on September 30. This does not seem to be online any longer, but I have this transcript taken from the subtitles portal:

The inquest has opened and adjourned into the death of David Miller, the 24`year`old from Jersey who was murdered Mr Miller was killed on holiday on the Thai Island of Kho Tao, alongside Hannah Witheridge from Norfolk, on the 15th of September.

These are among the last CCTV pictures of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge, and over two weeks on from their deaths, Thai police still haven't arrestde anyone in connection with their murders.
And today, on the other side of the world, the inquest into David's death began so his body could be released for his funeral.
No`one from David's family was at the inquest. But we did hear that it was David's father who had to identify his son's body. We also heard from the Home Office pathologist who said it was likely that David died from severe head injuries, although more results from his body following tests are expected.
Meanwhile, back in Thailand, the results of 200 DNA samples taken Police there now believe three people were involved in the rape and murder of 23`year`old Hannah and the death of David from Jersey.
A £13,000 reward has been offered to help find the culprits, and today, Thai authorities have suggested party curfews and even giving backpackers wristbands to hdlp identify them as tourists.
Today's hearing in Jersey now means David's body can now be released for cremation and that plans for his funeral can begin. It's expected that will happen here at Trinity Church on Friday afternoon, a chance for David's friends and family to gather to mourn, pray and remember the life of this Jerseyman taken so tragically.

I have to ask, but what other evidence are they waiting on? According to the RTP the investigation and evidence is complete as it was submitted for prosecution.

The evidence and case was allegedly 100% watertight, only to have it adjourned?

Now we have the inquest onto the cause of death of Hannah adjourned too as the evidence isn't complete ?

This strikes me as particularly odd as the statement released by tie families also believe the evidence was compelling , so why adjourn the coroners inquest in the UK?

I have to ask, but what other evidence are they waiting on? According to the RTP the investigation and evidence is complete as it was submitted for prosecution.

Now we have the inquest onto the cause of death of Hannah adjourned too as the evidence isn't complete ?

This strikes me as particularly odd as the statement released by tie families also believe the evidence was compelling , so why adjourn the coroners inquest in the UK?

The coroner does not deem the evidence complete. My guess is that the Thai authorities have not responded to requests to share their findings with the coroner. Remember, the inquest will almost certainly be public, and that means people they want to remain ignorant (such as the defense) will be better informed.

The coroner does not deem the evidence complete. My guess is that the Thai authorities have not responded to requests to share their findings with the coroner. Remember, the inquest will almost certainly be public, and that means people they want to remain ignorant (such as the defense) will be better informed.

Best to presume nothing. Wait until the 6th Jan. The crime was committed abroad. they have procedures. When they set the 6th Jan date they would be unaware exactly of how long things would be. A review is common place. It's nothing untoward as its not such a simple case. I wouldn't like to second guess if they would wait until after the trial.

Some notes about why they hold an inquest:

What happens if the coroner decides to hold an inquest?

A Coroner must hold an inquest if the cause of death remains unknown, if there is cause for the Coroner to suspect that the deceased died a violent or unnatural death or died in prison. If there has been an autopsy (or post-mortem), the Coroner will normally issue the necessary authority permitting a burial or cremation, so that a funeral can be held, even though the inquest has not been concluded. In such circumstances the death cannot be registered. In order to assist the administration of the estate, an interim certificate of fact of death can be issued by the Coroner. This certificate should be acceptable to banks and financial institutions, unless it is important for them to know the outcome of the inquest (for example, for an insurance settlement). This interim certificate can also be used for benefit claims and National Insurance purposes. After the inquest has been resumed and concluded, the Coroner will notify the Registrar of deaths by issuing an after-inquest certificate so that the death can be registered by the Registrar and a death certificate obtained.

Taking a body abroad or bringing it back to this country In every case where someone wishes to take a body out of England or Wales (including cases of deaths from natural causes), written notice must be given to the Coroner in whose area the body is located. The Coroner will then consider whether an inquest or post-mortem examination is needed and will notify his/her decision within four days. If a body is being brought into England or Wales, the Coroner in the area to where the body is brought or is to be laid to rest may need to be involved. The Coroner may need to determine the cause of death and will be required to hold an inquest if the death was unnatural, violent, or sudden and of unknown cause. The Coroner will issue a Certificate for Cremation in all cases coming from abroad (including cases of deaths from natural causes) where the body is to be cremated. When death has occurred outside England and Wales and the body is returned to England or Wales, the death is not registered by the Registrar of Births and Deaths when the Coroner has finished investigating or has concluded the inquest. Further information about what to do when a death occurs abroad can be found on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's website, at: www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/when-things-go-wrong/death-abroad