Bimota Thailand

Emilio

The two depictions are very different.

I don't get it.

Especially the red frame extending to the front wheel in second picture.

That is the front suspension linkage. The damper is hidden somewhere around the engine, at the end of the upper link I would guess.

Fugly bike I think.

How does the thing steer?

Very queer!

I need a beer.

A poet !

I lied ! The single upper arms steer - look at the front wheel hub and you can see how it allows the axle to pivot.

The girder style lower suspension arms connect to the shock.

An inelegant solution to a non-existant problem, IMO.

BMW tried hub-centre steering too. Trying to separate steering inputs from suspension movement. But telescopic forks have been around so long that riders have adapted.

Nice to see someone trying something different, but as you say - very complex compared to forks. I am sure many Japanese manufacturers have looked at it, but so far no adopters. Other than niche builders. And priced accordingly.

During my racing career, I have riden many bikes! It's complicated to explain the feeling of the Tesi. It's really something different. You'll have to try one to know. The most notable thing I can say is, that when you brake, the front end barely goes down, but it rather feels like the whole bike is going down giving a better stability in hard braking. Well, you'll have to try one to know!

During my racing career, I have riden many bikes! It's complicated to explain the feeling of the Tesi. It's really something different. You'll have to try one to know. The most notable thing I can say is, that when you brake, the front end barely goes down, but it rather feels like the whole bike is going down giving a better stability in hard braking. Well, you'll have to try one to know!

True. And it is a better system I am sure.

But until - IF - this system is adopted by other manufacturers, it will never be widespread.

Young riders learn to ride with conventional forks, and to ask them to unlearn all they have picked up in their riding career, and switch, is doomed to failure.

Just my opinion. Maybe if we see Moto GP or WSB adopt it, there will be a chance. But as said, major manufacturers so far have not chosen this road.

That being said, I quite like the increased front tire grip when on the brakes hard, but this I had to learn !

Edited by seedy

Is this the company that was trying to sell FI 2 strokes for almost a million baht 10 years ago and went bankrupt? or is it Chinese now anyone know the story?[/quot

Bimota was sold in 2000 and 2013 again! They are still owned by Italians. Benelli is Chinese owned now!

Attached is Daniele (new owner) and me just last week!post-24324-0-92516400-1418049066_thumb.j

Is this the company that was trying to sell FI 2 strokes for almost a million baht 10 years ago and went bankrupt? or is it Chinese now anyone know the story?[/quot

Bimota was sold in 2000 and 2013 again! They are still owned by Italians. Benelli is Chinese owned now!

Attached is Daniele (new owner) and me just last week!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I guess sold is better then receivership ;)

Attached is Daniele (new owner) and me just last week!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

An inelegant solution to a non-existant problem, IMO.

BMW tried hub-centre steering too. Trying to separate steering inputs from suspension movement. But telescopic forks have been around so long that riders have adapted.

Nice to see someone trying something different, but as you say - very complex compared to forks. I am sure many Japanese manufacturers have looked at it, but so far no adopters. Other than niche builders. And priced accordingly.

Eh? What do you mean "no adopters?"

The Yamaha GTS1000 was quite successful and handles well by all accounts, its just a shame that it had to be a sports tourer due to the extra weight of the front end instead of the full sportsbike that it was supposed to have been.

But even that didn't stop someone putting a YZF750 engine in it and competing in the IoM TT on one.

Here's a custom that goes over why this type of front end.

http://silodrome.com/yamaha-ffe-350/

I like the Tesi, but I also read somewhere this or the Vyrus doesn't steer equally left/right.

I'm guessing it's a cost thing as to why it is not mainstream.

Cost doesn't matter to Bimota clients, but the GTS1000 was $13K back in 1993, http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/1993-1994-yamaha-gts1000

This pic is just the suspension, there must be steering linkages too.

Imagine how much longer it takes to assemble and service this sort of bike.

CE_13780_1.JPG

Regular forks spread across several bike platforms makes more money than a wacky complex suspension that the average customer isn't going to pay more for.

It's like how single sided rear swingarms are only on premium bikes, not common bikes.

Maybe if Ducati or BMW start to make bikes with this layout then others will follow, but Yamaha took a shot and failed which of bad for all of us.