Latest small SUV's.. Honda HR-V vs Mazda CX-3 ?

Lots of HR-V's on the road now.. often seen the HR-V and CX-5 together, both look the same size to me [must have seen 30 yesterday]... the Ford Ecosport is a lot narrower

Not been out of Thailand for some time so not seen a CX-3 in the metal..... so how does the Honda Brio SUV fit into all this ? if the HR-V is the same class as the CX-3 ?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of HR-V's on the road now.. often seen the HR-V and CX-5 together, both look the same size to me [must have seen 30 yesterday]... the Ford Ecosport is a lot narrower

Not been out of Thailand for some time so not seen a CX-3 in the metal..... so how does the Honda Brio SUV fit into all this ? if the HR-V is the same class as the CX-3 ?

I don't think the Ecosport is much (if at all) narrower, but it is noticeably taller and more SUV-like, with more ground clearance too. The HR-V is more crossover than SUV. I parked my Ecosport next to an HR-V and the Ford has more SUV presence.

Yeah, surprisingly little choice in one of the hottest new categories of vehicles, not just here, but in Europe and US too.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We almost got the Traxx - but then GM decided that trucks is all we're going to get from them in SEA now, as did Mitsu, so nothing from either of them in the segment.. The CX-3 is coming, but just like the CX-5, there doesn't seem to be much rush from Mazda TH to bring it in. Don't forget that Nissan have the Juke already (pity not turbo version though) - so the only mainstream brand in TH with nothing on the timetable yet is Toyota.

• 6 months later...

I've had a Mazda CX5 for 7 months now. Very roomy and a great ride and fund to drive. One of the few smaller cars with a diesel engine. You will not get the fuel economy they quote, but it is still good. The only problem I have found is getting an English manual for the car, Mazda Thailand do not have good English speakers on their support line. I get lots of promises, but 10 months after asking for a manual, I still do not have one.

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/mazda/2014-cx5.pdf

https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/manuals/2014_CX5_OM.pdf

Google is your friend. Admittedly not Right Hand Drives but better than trying to understand Thai.

Thanks for your help. I have used the internet manuals

Which recommend that you always carry your manual in the car. ;-)

Loads of print shops in thailand. I just got an English version of my car's manual printed at the same size as the original Thai one and it's identical - even fits properly into the OM wallet. 250baht.

I've had a Mazda CX5 for 7 months now. Very roomy and a great ride and fund to drive. One of the few smaller cars with a diesel engine. You will not get the fuel economy they quote, but it is still good. The only problem I have found is getting an English manual for the car, Mazda Thailand do not have good English speakers on their support line. I get lots of promises, but 10 months after asking for a manual, I still do not have one.

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/mazda/2014-cx5.pdf

https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/manuals/2014_CX5_OM.pdf

Google is your friend. Admittedly not Right Hand Drives but better than trying to understand Thai.

Thanks for your help. I have used the internet manuals

Which recommend that you always carry your manual in the car. ;-)

Loads of print shops in thailand. I just got an English version of my car's manual printed at the same size as the original Thai one and it's identical - even fits properly into the OM wallet. 250baht.

Mazda eventually supplied an English manual for free. Just had a long wait.

funny as the overseas models have the Bose system installed

i would have thought that for over a million baht and the top model this would have been included

after market install would be a night mare as the wiring loom would all be connected to their touch screen nav system

just like the Accord when I tried to get another screen put in - it couldnt be done due to the Honda wiring.

funny as the overseas models have the Bose system installed

i would have thought that for over a million baht and the top model this would have been included

after market install would be a night mare as the wiring loom would all be connected to their touch screen nav system

just like the Accord when I tried to get another screen put in - it couldnt be done due to the Honda wiring.

You don't need to replace the dash electronics to upgrade the sound in a car ;)

There are plenty of solutions that will allow you to simply replace the OEM speakers, and/or DSP and/or amplification, without changing any other characteristics of the infotainment system.

e.g.

A youtube (not the best quality) walk around of a new Vezel/ HRV in white with high specced interior.

I have to say it looks in a totally different class to the Mazda

does it come with a Hybrid option?
How many cup holders does it have ....

You don't need to replace the dash electronics to upgrade the sound in a car wink.png

There are plenty of solutions that will allow you to simply replace the OEM speakers, and/or DSP and/or amplification, without changing any other characteristics of the infotainment system.

Agree. Aftermarket most always better quality, many more options, Most head units function as a pre-amp only, amplification, equilization handled by downstream devices.

Bose I have found over-rated, altho' I did own 2 pair of 901 series 1's, and a pair of 250 watt per channel power amps to drive them.

Edited by canthai55

You don't need to replace the dash electronics to upgrade the sound in a car wink.png

Agree. Aftermarket most always better quality, many more options, Most head units function as a pre-amp only, amplification, equilization handled by downstream devices.

Bose I have found over-rated, altho' I did own 2 pair of 901 series 1's, and a pair of 250 watt per channel power amps to drive them.

I was never a Bose enthusiast either. However I have a Bose clock radio and I have never heard sound like it. I think the speakers arent even 3 inch and the bass is incredibly low. I wanted that sound in my car as I cant believe the bass it puts out and its loud.

In another thread I replaced the head unit in the Yaris for a touch screen and Boy installed it. Instead of putting in the proper wiring loom they simply connected it to the existing speakers. However after listening for a while they sound was flat and couldnt get any bass or treble. The head unit had an electronic crossover and graphics and 25 watts RMS per channel.

What Boy had done was use existing wiring ie the cross overs were still in place - so head unit with cross overs going into wiring with cross overs - big loss.

So I bought some top of the line -according to top ten speaker reviews and installed them. No matter how hard I tried I could not convince the installer to run new cables to by pass the Yaris wiring and crossovers. All they know about here is making a noise -whereas I want music, separation, staging, depth.

So to spend a million plus on a new Mazda and get junk sound that i need to replace is not on! And I dont want to go through all the nonsense with installers here as they dont know what theyre doing.

PS the best sound I ever got in a car was standard Infinity set up in the Jeep Cherokee. This was standard. The same set up from here is another 30,000 baht.

I have never been a Bose fan at all - IMHO the core 'direct & reflected sound" philosophy they went with for several decades was just flawed from the outset. They are doing OK in the Bluetooth/dock space though, where those old Bose concepts have been thrown away and replaced by just good old audio engineering.

I still think the Hamon Kardon's (especially those using the JBL Atlas 3" woofer - that tiny little thing performs like an 8") and the Marshall's (Stanmore/Woodburn) are the pick of the bunch when it comes to this type of thing though ;) The Bowers & Wilkins docks are also very nice, but a little too dry/clinical sounding, and overly anaemic in the bottom end for my tastes.

Infinity isn't what it used to be - over the last decade or so, Harman group (the owners) have re-positioned the Infinity brand to be their low-end line. Gone are the days of the awesome ribbon drivers and that distinctive "Infinity mid/high end clarity" - these days their better drivers/tech all end up in JBL, Harman Kardon, and Bang & Olufsen brands.

Oh crap, this isn't the audio forum? Sorry :P

Mazda want 7000 baht more as = get this= white isnt a standard colour

since when

and the difference between the S and the SP is a few rubber rugs and window tinting etc

for a hair cut of approx 70 K

you can get the S and then spend the 70K on rugs and tinting and better sound

BTW - sound in a car - if you are on a long haul then if the sound is good and not harsh in any way - you will not suffer listening fatigue and road rage - fact

The boom cars running around town are noise - they psychotically wind the driver up and then erratic things happen, as we see all the time.

For a 6.5 inch speaker replacement and cabin size is very subjective.

As there are no HRV's available then Mazda has the market