Latest small SUV's.. Honda HR-V vs Mazda CX-3 ?

Ecosport is closer to a child's toy than the class that HRV is in and that the cx3 has its foot over the line.

Sit inside the ecosport and it's like being back in a crappy korean car in the early 2k's

Plus no engine & boot space

My hatred for it comes from me really wanting one when i saw the look and price and then test driving it only to find its worse than a vios(which i didnt think was possible ever since they discontinued lada's and hyundai poney's)

Edited by bearpolar

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway ,don't park a new Tuna near the new Everest. I have jut done so and it looks like big white slug.. Never noticed how good the Everest looks by comparison.

Looks are subjective but the Everest does look good, a bit conservative but a handsome truck.

The old Tuna looked fine but the new one is just awkward.

I always liked the old PJS styling but Mitsu also seemed to have dropped the ball and made the new model less attractive.

Hard to understand how Mitsu and Toyota can take reasonable designs and screw them up with the updates.

• 1 month later...

Mazda CX3 top SP model doesnt have cruise control or electric seat adjustment or much leg room in the back for passengers unlike the Honda HRV

but it does have several safety features like led blind spot that shows up in the side mirror

auto braking if you get to close to another car

5 radar type gadgets that warn you of other cars or things around you

auto head light dipping

and a few other things

but when i look at the overseas models cruise control is there but not in Thailand?

i have the top model and they dont

That was my big disappointment. I said how the f do you have such a luxurious interior with DELETED manual pads to raise your seat when 10 years old cars have automatic electric seats.

Edited by seedy
language

I would agree, that the Honda HR-V is a good choice, when you need space and usefulness. The CX-3 is more for fun; better driving dynamics and more power.

I drive the CX-3 now for just under 3,000 kilometres. I swapped it with a new Mazda 3 I used 1 year. The Mazda 3 is roomier (wider), but very low. I always feared hitting something with the skirts.

The CX-3 is more practical for all-day use. It is easier to fix the child seat and my son prefer the higher seating position. 3 adults and 1 child can sit comfortable for short distances. The access to the back seats is very good. The seating position is lower than in the HR-V, but at a good hight for me. The trunk is quite small, indeed.

The 2.0 L engine is just as powerful as in the Mazda 3. Driving makes really fun and the engine likes to rev. The fuel consumption is very good. I mostly drive smoothly and reach value below 6 L/100 km regularly. At 120 km/h on the highway, the fuel consumption is below 7 L/100 km. In Sport-Mode, it can go up to 8.5 L/100 km and more...

So the choice depends on the use and personal taste. The HR-V is good when you drive regularly with more than 1 passenger and lot of stuff. The HR-V seems to have also a better re-sell value.

Mazda doesn't have this good re-sell value (yet?). But the CX-3 is far more fun to drive and - in my humble opinion - a better looking car.

what do you get in city in km/l?

gasohol 91?

The CX-3 (as the Mazda 3) cannot use Gasohol 91.

I am living in the Hua Hin area and cannot provide «city» conditions. I assume 7 to 8 l/100 km (12 to 14 km/l)

Edited by juehoe

gasohol 91?

I am living in the Hua Hin area and cannot provide «city» conditions. I assume 7 to 8 l/100 km (12 to 14 km/l)

Only E20? I've never heard of a car that can only use E20, but not E10. My swift can use both, as can many other cars.

12-14km/l sounds far stretched, everytime you sit 1min at a redlight you lose 1.5km/l from the AC

Well, each time you're at a red light, or otherwise stopped, you're getting 0KM/L - how much that equates to overall is relative :)

12-14km/l sounds far stretched, everytime you sit 1min at a redlight you lose 1.5km/l from the AC

Well, each time you're at a red light, or otherwise stopped, you're getting 0KM/L - how much that equates to overall is relative smile.png

the average for each trip goes down while you wait, so city driving with 14km/l would be surprising with that kind of engine

Well, each time you're at a red light, or otherwise stopped, you're getting 0KM/L - how much that equates to overall is relative smile.png

the average for each trip goes down while you wait, so city driving with 14km/l would be surprising with that kind of engine

If true its a seriously efficient engine - my 2.0 honda would get less than 10 km/l around Nonthaburi. Never ever been near 13 km/l let alone 14 km/l on the freeway.

IMHO, thats e85 though. It's pretty good on the HRV i get 16-18km/l on the highway but i dont know how much id get at avg 50kph.. thats on 91.

Surprised you managed that, did you use the AC? no AC adds 2-3km/l easily. Did you have your woman get out of the car and push it at every green light to save on acceleration :P

Edited by bearpolar

IMHO, thats e85 though. It's pretty good on the HRV i get 16-18km/l on the highway but i dont know how much id get at avg 50kph.. thats on 91.

Surprised you managed that, did you use the AC? no AC adds 2-3km/l easily. Did you have your woman get out of the car and push it at every green light to save on acceleration tongue.png

That's all done with both AC's running, and a complete disregard for fuel economy... and a driver that continuously complains about the 140km/hr speed limiter I programmed on their key :)

gasohol 91?

Only E20? I've never heard of a car that can only use E20, but not E10. My swift can use both, as can many other cars.

E20, E85 and Gasohol 95.

The new Mazda engines have a high compression ratio and need 95 octane fuel.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I was talking about the e85 car. I doubt its possible to get 15km/l on e85 with the AC on

The fuel consumption with E85 is higher than with Gasohol 95. My Mazda only recommend E85 for long trips on a highway.

I tested it with my Mazda 3. On my daily use, the fuel consumption was 30% higher. E85 is cheaper, but the costs per kilometre was the same, even a little bit higher than with Gasohol 95.

I also tried E20, but got the same result. So I decided to stay with Gasohol 95.

2 days ago. Trip from Khao Tao to Hua Hin centre. Smooth driving at 85-90 km/h.

I can reach normally value below 6 l/100 km. Short trips in Hua Hin (5 kilometres) with traffic lead to more than 8 l/100 km.

f7a477fe0363aa95030dfd901586000f.jpg

Edited by juehoe

2 days ago. Trip from Khao Tao to Hua Hin centre. Smooth driving at 85-90 km/h.

I can reach normally value below 6 l/100 km. Short trips in Hua Hin (5 kilometres) with traffic lead to more than 8 l/100 km.

f7a477fe0363aa95030dfd901586000f.jpg

Have you tested the accuracy of the readings? Record how much is put in, drive, and return the the same pump and refill. I found my meter is about 6% optimistic - my FC is slightly worse than showing on my meter.