Latest small SUV's.. Honda HR-V vs Mazda CX-3 ?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Civic or HR-V is the better choice is a matter of personal taste and environment.

I have traded in my Mazda 3 for a CX-3 because it is the better choice for my daily usage. The Mazda 3 is a great car, but too low for the Thai road conditions. The CX-3 is also a better choice for sending my 4-years old son to school. He can see the road and it is easier to access the child seat.

The Mazda is hands down the winner in this company surely?

Mazda interiors do absolutely nothing for me. I just see them as a low-quality copy of a BMW interior ;)

I think, you cannot compare Mazda with BMW. You should compare it with Honda, Toyota etc.

The Mazda is hands down the winner in this company surely?

Mazda interiors do absolutely nothing for me. I just see them as a low-quality copy of a BMW interior wink.png

I think, you cannot compare Mazda with BMW. You should compare it with Honda, Toyota etc.

I wasn't talking about the quality, I was referring to the fact that Mazda's interior design strategy seems to be: use some tracing paper while sitting inside a BMW ;)

I am not sure, which interior concept was presented first. BMW had the first production model, of course. I assume that Mazda must have a similar idea about at the same time as BMW.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

hrv does not have electric seats

i have the top model and they dont

That was my big disappointment. I said how the f do you have such a luxurious interior with DELETED manual pads to raise your seat when 10 years old cars have automatic electric seats.

Yes, the 2016 HRVs in Thailand (not the 2015's) now have a driver's side electronic seat control. Interestingly, earlier models -- because the fuel tank is under the front seat area -- were prevented from this feature (and, so too heated seats in the North America market). But, somehow this look at safety first has been corrected -- or overlooked.

Waiting time for an EL HRV, white anyways, is now 3 months in Chiang Mai. I just plopped down the down payment today -- and actually had originally wanted the silver, which when seen in a parking lot was akin to the silver I was familiar with (and liked). But, I found out that was last year's (2015, and earlier) silver color -- 2016's "silver" looks more like a light grey. Ugh. And, not that I need/want a moonroof -- but the models without have a roof with two spines that look something like a sturgeon. Thus, I paid extra for esthetics, vice functionality. Oh well. Hope all is bliss 3 months from now....

Love the new civic coupe.. I'd be a bit jealous if they bring it here

New reviews show the suspension to be a big more taught than in the sedan. Practically no headroom in the rear for a 6 footer too (head actually touching the rear window. It's ok for a couple but not for taking anyone in the back very far. I don't see honda them releasing it here. I'm keen to see the price on the rs sedan though.

Don't mind too much about the rear headroom, it's adequate for most in Thailand. Front headroom is the same as the sedan too.

Rs sedan?

RS will be the top model sedan in Thailand. The 1.5 turbo, with an assortment of gizmos:) Need to wait for details in english, as the only stuff I found is in Thai.

So the new 2016 silver is a darker shade?

I did not actually see a silver 2016 HRV up close. The veteran saleslady (we used her 8 and 10 years ago for Civic and Jazz purchases) had no HRVs in the showroom (typical, due to the current demand), but there were several in the service bay. A 2015 silver HRV was parked next to a silver 2016 BRV, and she pointed out the difference in silver color -- and that the 2016 HRV silver color would look just like that of the BRV we saw. And I did not like the new color -- definitely more gray than silver (at least as seen in a shadowy service bay).

The catalogue she gave us for the HRVs does not have model year indicated, and it would seem they reflect the 2015 model, as the silver color option is listed as "alabaster silver metallic." The silver color for the 2016 BRV is called "lunar silver metallic." And this is what the saleslady said I would get if I ordered a silver 2016 HRV.

Anyway, be warned. With the paucity of HRVs in Thai showrooms (at least here in Chiang Mai), that beautiful silver HRV you saw at the mall is probably last year's silver color. Yeah, maybe "lunar silver metallic" looks better in the sun than in a service bay -- but maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...

V busy week so only picked it up today;haven't driven it on a long run but pretty nice drive so far

one thing I wasn't happy with is that Honda have a new head unit for 2016 with a tiny screen. It looks like something out of toys r us

post-246870-1458388784449_thumb.jpg

post-246870-1458388818032_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cook my sock

• 6 months later...

after having the Mazda for a few months i can say that it doesnt not have many of the features offered in the overseas models.

I compared it with a friends Ford and the Ford Focus was 3 years old and had way more features than the 2016 Mazda. ie LED lights in the cabin, steering wheel can control most of the equipment in the car, more room, better sound system, better distant breaking, the only thing as it was 3 years old was no display in the dash.

I compare this as the price was much the same. Mazda should not have excluded the extras given the price in Thailand.

Never again. Although the CX3 looks hot it suffers from being standard although top of the line in model and price.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2014 at 7:30 PM, perconrad said:

I would choose the Mazda, because You can have it with a diesel engine.

As a marine engineer I just love diesel engines for a variety of reasons.

I have a Fortuner with a 3.0 diesel engine now, but this Mazda would certainly come into play when I will change, I do not have the need for the Fortuners big size anymore.

Unfortunately there are almost no smaller and medium sized cars in Thailand with diesel engines.

Could you name the reasons?

On 11/10/2016 at 1:06 PM, BlackJack said:

after having the Mazda for a few months i can say that it doesnt not have many of the features offered in the overseas models.

I compared it with a friends Ford and the Ford Focus was 3 years old and had way more features than the 2016 Mazda. ie LED lights in the cabin, steering wheel can control most of the equipment in the car, more room, better sound system, better distant breaking, the only thing as it was 3 years old was no display in the dash.

I compare this as the price was much the same. Mazda should not have excluded the extras given the price in Thailand.

Never again. Although the CX3 looks hot it suffers from being standard although top of the line in model and price.

I had a test drive an especially like the  warning lights on the wing mirrors  whee there is a bike in the blind spot,  and also the auto braking  in traffic.  very safe car, especially if busy needing to make calls etc while on the road.