Latest small SUV's.. Honda HR-V vs Mazda CX-3 ?

On 27/02/2016 at 2:11 PM, ChesneyHawkes said:

If you can hold out for a while, the Toyota compact crossover production design has just leaked online. A bit disappointed tbh, but at least it makes a change from their normal boring designs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Any Idea when this is coming and the price?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the new 2016 silver is a darker shade?
I did not actually see a silver 2016 HRV up close. The veteran saleslady (we used her 8 and 10 years ago for Civic and Jazz purchases) had no HRVs in the showroom (typical, due to the current demand), but there were several in the service bay. A 2015 silver HRV was parked next to a silver 2016 BRV, and she pointed out the difference in silver color -- and that the 2016 HRV silver color would look just like that of the BRV we saw. And I did not like the new color -- definitely more gray than silver (at least as seen in a shadowy service bay).
The catalogue she gave us for the HRVs does not have model year indicated, and it would seem they reflect the 2015 model, as the silver color option is listed as "alabaster silver metallic." The silver color for the 2016 BRV is called "lunar silver metallic." And this is what the saleslady said I would get if I ordered a silver 2016 HRV.
Anyway, be warned. With the paucity of HRVs in Thai showrooms (at least here in Chiang Mai), that beautiful silver HRV you saw at the mall is probably last year's silver color. Yeah, maybe "lunar silver metallic" looks better in the sun than in a service bay -- but maybe not.

Like most young folks they won't wait Son has Silver , now he wishes he had waited for white.One poster said he was a Marine Engineer and loves Diesel Engine. I was with CAT for years and love em in Dozers ,Diggers n Boats, not in Cars,reminds me of Work hearing them clatter in the Morning.[emoji598][emoji86]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Please confirm that was sarcasm

It wasn't.

Please confirm that you have never made a phone call or read an SMS message while driving a car. Or caught a Pokemon :passifier:

Fortunately it isn't like my own country's stupid  laws where you can be fined for drinking a bottle of water and eating a biscuit.

On 09/01/2016 at 6:09 PM, JaseTheBass said:

The BRV is a jacked up Brio, the HRV a jacked up Jazz - both have jacked up prices.

Could say that the CX3 is a jacked up Maxda 2, but still much better looking IMO, than the HRV which is basically for people who can't afford a CRV.

On 29/10/2016 at 10:21 PM, Johnniey said:

Fortunately it isn't like my own country's stupid  laws where you can be fined for drinking a bottle of water and eating a biscuit.

And this is the exact reason that distracted Driving laws were needed. People who do these exact same thing are a menace to all the rest of the drivers - and their passengers, and pedestrians.

Just wish it was enforced. As you can not rely on others to just drive when on the road. Pokeman - the mind boggles !

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2016 at 6:18 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I drive an X5 and I looked on at the CX3 the other day with a little lust... IMO its a really good looking car... something which may very well have tempted me...

I chose the BMW X5 as not a lot else attracted me last year - Now we have the Explorer and CX3 - I may have well chosen differently...

Very interesting as I'm looking at a 2nd hand  BMW X3 or a Mazda CX3 new.

What would you choose for the same money?

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

My Son has A HRV it's OK Friend has X3 that clatters like a cold Isuzu in the morning I like the Mazda,seems a bit more perky n fun to
Me

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I agree, the CX3 is great and fun to drive.

Think I'll go for it. Might be wise to wait a few months until I can afford 50% down or alternatively, instant gratification and 150k down :)

• 4 months later...

I recently(1 week ago) bought a CX3 SP and was told by the showroom that it doesn’t have paddle shifters or ‘cruise control’. After joining a Thai web forum, I see that some people have got the cruise control.

I’ve just called the Mazda support line in Bangkok and they assured me that the SP model has “cruise control”.

What should I do? I’m not particularly keen on cruise control and wouldn’t use it much but I am worried that they’ve( showroom in the provinces, who said they ordered the car from Bkk) fobbed me off with an older model of car.

Any ideas? Has anyone recently bought a CX3 SP?

• 4 months later...

Has anyone recently bought a CX3 SP?

Yes, a 2017 SP. Definitely paddle shifters (not that I'd ever use them), cruise control (vanilla flavor), and cruise control with radar to keep the same space between you and the car ahead (I guess it works, but too much traffic around town to have yet tested it). Other bells and whistles: Blind Spot Monitoring, which really works, flashing a warning on your heads up display on the side where some one is creeping (or speeding) up on you. Turn your turn signal on to turn in the direction of the guy in your blind spot, and get a nice aural warning not to proceed. Other goodies include lane drift warning (not too useful, really), automatic brake assist if you're about to have a rear end collision (probably useful, unless it malfunctions in the "on" position); and a worthless "i-brake" system that turns the engine off at traffic stops, to apparently save fuel and minimize fumes. Yes, it works -- and the engine spins back immediately upon releasing the brake. But, not engine, no air conditioning, so no thanks. Fortunately, there's a dashboard button to disable this (but, you have to push it every time you start a new trip).

Anyway, really fun car. Saw it on display at Promenade Mall, in candy apple red (not their description). Both I and the wife said, "yeah, another chance to give less inheritance to our nieces and nephews." So, we bought one.

Not sure why your SP didn't have cruise control -- unless maybe it was a 2016 model..... Or maybe you got the S, not the SP.

Have you now figured out why you got screwed (your last post was in April)?

On 4/3/2017 at 0:20 PM, ThaiCitizen said:

I recently(1 week ago) bought a CX3 SP and was told by the showroom that it doesn’t have paddle shifters or ‘cruise control’. After joining a Thai web forum, I see that some people have got the cruise control.

I’ve just called the Mazda support line in Bangkok and they assured me that the SP model has “cruise control”.

What should I do? I’m not particularly keen on cruise control and wouldn’t use it much but I am worried that they’ve( showroom in the provinces, who said they ordered the car from Bkk) fobbed me off with an older model of car.

Any ideas? Has anyone recently bought a CX3 SP?

Because you didn't get an SP, but you got the S. Mazda's website has all the answers you need.

https://www.mazda.co.th/cars/new-mazda-cx-3-2017/specs-prices/safety/