Latest small SUV's.. Honda HR-V vs Mazda CX-3 ?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda wont like this. They dont fit Clonkers in anything here ,hence a loyal following.If the others had the brains to fit a nice V6 powerfull benzine lump in their SUVs the CRV would die out unless they V6ed it. The V6 Yank SUVS are so much better price wise imo.thumbsup.gif

The V6 versions of the previous PJS and Ford escape did not sell particularly well. Unfortunately it seems Thai buyers are not that impressed with V6 SUVs.

Thats true,but petrol was more than diesel, now its not , plus the fact the engines then were flat and not in the 220 + bhp range need for performance that comes near an average car these days.Try a new Yank and youd never buy a clonker again.

Honda wont like this. They dont fit Clonkers in anything here ,hence a loyal following.If the others had the brains to fit a nice V6 powerfull benzine lump in their SUVs the CRV would die out unless they V6ed it. The V6 Yank SUVS are so much better price wise imo.thumbsup.gif

The V6 versions of the previous PJS and Ford escape did not sell particularly well. Unfortunately it seems Thai buyers are not that impressed with V6 SUVs.

Thats true,but petrol was more than diesel, now its not , plus the fact the engines then were flat and not in the 220 + bhp range need for performance that comes near an average car these days.Try a new Yank and youd never buy a clonker again.

Don't forget that you could chip the diesel engines to make them pretty strong while with the v6 you were stuck with a high consumption "poopgine"

Cx3 would make sense @850k for top model as it would be in competition with ford's. Ford's just as small yet way cheaper inside and looks a lot uglier.

It's interesting that Mazda and Honda opted to raise the ante to 1 million for a small SUV/Crossover, instead of playing in that 850k segment occupied by Nissan Juke and Ford Ecosport. Granted those are better vehicles, but not worth that much, and Nissan and Ford were the first movers in Thailand, therefore, already dated.

Agreed, Ford made the interior hard plastics and not upmarket, except for the leather seats, but I still think it retains a higher riding, traditional boxy SUV look, which some people prefer, including me. The Ford is an excellent vehicle though, quieter inside on the road, better riding, and excellent build quality, no issues or annoyances, etc.. I bought one of the first out in Thailand first of 2014. I consider it a Mini-SUV, not a small crossover.

Today, Honda are trying to place that Micro-crossover BRV at the Ecosport price point, and trying to position the BRV in the same price range as the Juke and Ecosport. We'll see if they succeed.

The facelift should be arriving to the Ecosport before too long, which supposedly irons out some of the crappiness of the original model. Hopefully they've fitted adult sized sets in the front in the MKII.
I think that the front end looks okay ... it's the back end that they need to fix ...
True. Ford's always look good and the spare wheel on the tailgate has been scrapped.

Question if anyone can answer it.. The gear selector on the Thai HRV is different to some overseas markets which get a really sexy blue lit tron type lever.. Wondering if this is interchangeable

Edit unless this lever is just for the hybrid version

Edited by Cook my sock

went for the blue footwell lights and kept the standard chrome kick panels. Didn't do the extra body kit either but thinking to add the modulo fake aero section at the back. Also getting the chrome trim on the grill painted out in black and thinking of suspension mods (coilover or VSB)if it doesn't screw up the warranty too much

Edited by Cook my sock

Or try the 219hp MG GS turbo which should soon be making it's way here. No idea on pricing yet. This model overseas has a dual clutch 6 speed transmission. But apparently interior is not up to par for Europeans. Might be worth a look if its 1-1.2M baht.

But in Thai buy many cloncer. Becouse not big choce.

Ha ha V6 have disel.

Even V12 have disel.

For example my Bro Q7 3 L 2007 Revo

300 + hp diesel fuel consumption of less than clonker 3L disel i fortuner 2012.

:)

Damn.. Dunno whether to laugh or cry.

If its anything like the 1990's quality of the other MG's, you are still better off with a hr-v or cx-3. Most reviews are in Chinese, so have no idea about quality as yet. And if the pricing is silly they won't sell many.

Damn.. Dunno whether to laugh or cry.

If its anything like the 1990's quality of the other MG's, you are still better off with a hr-v or cx-3. Most reviews are in Chinese, so have no idea about quality as yet. And if the pricing is silly they won't sell many.

it's just like when you're buying cheap eco cars.

Say you're sitting with a honda CITY, you might envy the almera's KM/L but you still have the overall winner.

Yeah id be fun to have 210hp but you really want to be driving the almera of your segment? Next you'll tell me you'd like to be seen getting out of a brio or march? After that you'll admit you want the whole world to see that you wear women's underwear?

Now if they bring the vtec turbo in, you can feel bad about your purchase

Back to the MG, the cabin design looks pretty nice. I can see the British designers had a battle with what was available but only a couple of areas give the game away ie the cheap looking plastic around the touch screen and some other hard looking plastics. Controls on the steering wheel look good quality, unlike the cheaper MGs..

The exterior looks really decent, especially the back end and profile. The front let's it down abit; headlights look a bit old fashioned and the lower area looks oddly unfinished. Looks like the engine need to be revved to get the full effect. For 220hp I thought acceleration wd be quicker

Edited by Cook my sock

Im curious if people would be talking about this car as much if the badges it wore were one of the other SAIC brands?

Point is well taken. There is already a lot of push-back on the new Volvos because of Chinese owned and made. It will take the Chinese a lot of effort to overcome this, as we saw from the Koreans and even Japanese long ago.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Im curious if people would be talking about this car as much if the badges it wore were one of the other SAIC brands?

Point is well taken. There is already a lot of push-back on the new Volvos because of Chinese owned and made. It will take the Chinese a lot of effort to overcome this, as we saw from the Koreans and even Japanese long ago.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

10-20 year its "long ago"?

Even i am not sure have for some model few year.

And about koreans I am not sure have few year.

:)

I quite like the look of the focus facelift. But the interior is still dreadful.. Wd still pick a Mazda 3 if I had to choose

None of them light my fire very much, but I think it's a bit tough to call the Focus dreadful in this company?

Focus Interior:

post-163537-0-32851200-1455505606_thumb.

Mazda3 Interior:

post-163537-0-95339400-1455505625_thumb.

Altis ESport Interior:

post-163537-0-37676500-1455505827_thumb.

Pulsar Interior:

post-163537-0-96874800-1455505974_thumb.

Upcoming 2016 Civic Interior:

post-163537-0-67432000-1455505880_thumb.