Appeals Court upholds jail sentence for redshirt leader Arisman with no suspension

webfact

<deleted> put them in jail instead of this constant bail circus, how many times does someone have to be convicted before they actually see a cell....................absolute farce and something else that needs urgent review

" how many times does someone have to be convicted before they actually see a cell...."

Only one time if they are not rich, or politician or redshirt

You really need to get your facts straight and not twist them to met your goals of insults for the day. Now back on topic.

btw Bob, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings when I questioned your reading abilities. I hope you felt better after you got it off your chest in forum support. Hopefully, your thin skin will start improving soon.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No problems he will be out in time for the next election as a MP.

The 2007 constitution had some clause which would ban a person for five years after having served time in prison. Assuming the new constitution will have something similar we're looking forward to see Arisman signing on the campaign trail in 2020

The 2007 constitution is history and you really should know that. That is a poor excuse. As for a new constitution it will never be ready in time. You disappoint me this time. Very disappointed you can do better than that. Go back to the drawing board and try again.

You mean I may have to way even longer before I see and hear Arisman singing along on his election campaign trail ?

I guess I have to collect sufficient signatures from amongst posters here to petition the government to have mercy and pity and give us back our favorite singer of "I'll burn it my way".

Edited by rubl

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif geez should look at the defamation that happens in Australian Politics. If these childish hiso's can't stand the bloody heat then don't enter politics. It's an occupational hazard to be called an idiot. He wasn't cut out for the job if he had to run crying.

Perhaps you missed your calling - I don't being any Oz politician being called a murderer with a falsified tape for evidence.

I know how Jeff Kennet would have described Arisman ""All the attributes of a dog except loyalty."

using an American name I take it you are a Yank and don't know how Australian Politicians slag off at each other and the accusations they make. Before you comment on Australians do some google research AMERICAN.

Should I assume from your picture that you are a 6-fingered web-footed Tasmanian who voted for Jacqui Lambie and the other idiots foisted on the Oz body politic over the years? I am one of the few Australians who actually heard Goff deliver the Country Member joke, but he never accused Harradine as a murderer because he refused condoms to AIDS hotspots by faking up a clip of him condemning them to hell as sinners.

BTW Guess my birthday.

No problems he will be out in time for the next election as a MP.

He, and a few other PTP MPs, still have their terrorism charges to face now that the case need not be delayed because of their protected status. It is quite likely their sentence will be sufficiently long that they will die in jail.

Justice delayed is justice denied, and PTP policy.

His lawyer Tanadej Puangpoon is placing 500,000 baht bail with the court for temporary release.

Followed no doubt by the purchase of a one way ticket by air sea or land to Cambodia then onward to elsewhere.

Shame that these Red Shirt leaders did sweet F.A. to assist their imprisoned pawns when they( the Red Shirt leaders) were in government as the P.T.P.

rewriting history to suit yourself?

the ptp and udd did try to get bail for red shirts. they don't control the courts. the red shirts stayed in jail.

it's clear where the courts' sympathies lay.

try again

His lawyer Tanadej Puangpoon is placing 500,000 baht bail with the court for temporary release.

Followed no doubt by the purchase of a one way ticket by air sea or land to Cambodia then onward to elsewhere.

Shame that these Red Shirt leaders did sweet F.A. to assist their imprisoned pawns when they( the Red Shirt leaders) were in government as the P.T.P.

rewriting history to suit yourself?

the ptp and udd did try to get bail for red shirts. they don't control the courts. the red shirts stayed in jail.

it's clear where the courts' sympathies lay.

try again

Quite right, they couldn't all go on the party list, though Arisman's wife did. Apparently he didn't expect PTP to get away with appointing (alleged) criminals.

Court's sympathies rarely lay with violent criminals, that's why Arisman had to do a runner.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif geez should look at the defamation that happens in Australian Politics. If these childish hiso's can't stand the bloody heat then don't enter politics. It's an occupational hazard to be called an idiot. He wasn't cut out for the job if he had to run crying.

Perhaps you missed your calling - I don't being any Oz politician being called a murderer with a falsified tape for evidence.

I know how Jeff Kennet would have described Arisman ""All the attributes of a dog except loyalty."

using an American name I take it you are a Yank and don't know how Australian Politicians slag off at each other and the accusations they make. Before you comment on Australians do some google research AMERICAN.

Should I assume from your picture that you are a 6-fingered web-footed Tasmanian who voted for Jacqui Lambie and the other idiots foisted on the Oz body politic over the years? I am one of the few Australians who actually heard Goff deliver the Country Member joke, but he never accused Harradine as a murderer because he refused condoms to AIDS hotspots by faking up a clip of him condemning them to hell as sinners.

BTW Guess my birthday.

Nah, I'm from Kooweerup.

Edited by Kooweerup

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<deleted> put them in jail instead of this constant bail circus, how many times does someone have to be convicted before they actually see a cell....................absolute farce and something else that needs urgent review

And while at it put a few of the others in jail also. Especially the ones on bail for murder charges.

Do you mean the charges that two civilians gave orders to the military to kill people? What is the military doing taking orders from civilians?

oh ... btw ... the charges were thrown out. Do keep up.

The Criminal Court "punted" on the charges. The two deserve their day in court to defend against the murder charges.

2014-08-28

'Thai court dismisses murder charges against former PM Abhisit'

A criminal court in the capital ruled that it did not have jurisdiction to hear the case because Abhisit and his then-deputy Suthep Thaugsuban were holders of public office at the time and acting under an emergency decree.

It said the only court with the authority to consider the allegations was the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions.

"So the criminal court decided today to dismiss the two charges," a judge said.

I believe that referral to the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions falls to the responsibility of the NACC. But NACC has yet publicly to do anything about the murder charges, perhaps giving priority to Yingluck's impeachment and criminal charges. It would truly be "equal justice under the law" to see NACC pursue criminal charges against Abhisit and Suthep with the same vigor its has against the Yingluck administration officials.

post-171049-0-17397300-1418180321_thumb.

Edited by rickirs

probably won't get a free first class ticket on THAI..... but he has a whole airline to help him get away.

Do you mean the charges that two civilians gave orders to the military to kill people? What is the military doing taking orders from civilians?

oh ... btw ... the charges were thrown out. Do keep up.

The Criminal Court "punted" on the charges. The two deserve their day in court to defend against the murder charges.

2014-08-28

'Thai court dismisses murder charges against former PM Abhisit'

A criminal court in the capital ruled that it did not have jurisdiction to hear the case because Abhisit and his then-deputy Suthep Thaugsuban were holders of public office at the time and acting under an emergency decree.

It said the only court with the authority to consider the allegations was the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions.

"So the criminal court decided today to dismiss the two charges," a judge said.

I believe that referral to the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions falls to the responsibility of the NACC. But NACC has yet publicly to do anything about the murder charges, perhaps giving priority to Yingluck's impeachment and criminal charges. It would truly be "equal justice under the law" to see NACC pursue criminal charges against Abhisit and Suthep with the same vigor its has against the Yingluck administration officials.

They didn't actually "punt" the charges. They just said that they didn't have jurisdiction and the only court that had jurisdiction over Abhisit and Suthep was the Supreme court.

Murder charges haven't been brought by the NACC because they are ridiculous charges and wouldn't stand a chance in court.

Abuse of power might have a chance. Murder, no way.

When is Sondhi going to start doing his 23 years. Sorry forgot hes on the right team

You seem to have missed that the topic here is on Arisman, not Sondhi (20 years, out on bail, appealing to Supreme Court), not even the fugitive Thaksin (2 years, jumped bail, didn't appeal). Just and only Arisman.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1