Soldiers confiscate 'Thaksin Strawberry Jam'

webfact

They are so afraid of this man. He's in their hearts and minds General, you can't stop it by being a bully.

nope, they know he is full of sh*t and is simply paying all these clowns and supporters to do what they are doing. Without his payments all these red/ptp supporters would disappear real quick, they know the shins are all corrupt but as long as they keep getting their dirty money they will keep doing as they are told.

You really have your finger on the pulse.Thanks for the insight.Please keep on with your perceptive, well written and intelligent posts.

cheesy.gif

I love sarcasm. thumbsup.gif

Pichit said he is outraged and confused by the soldiers’ operation because his stall and products are properly registered under the law, and the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement.

Go ahead, pull the other one. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now I'm not a supporter of Thaksin because I never lived in Thailand when he was PM but I would have to assume this place wasn't as f@@@ed up as it is under the current dictat..

Opps I mean government.

than better you shut up if you dont know anything !!

Pichit said he is outraged and confused by the soldiers’ operation because his stall and products are properly registered under the law, and the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement.

K. Pichit seems to be totally innocent as this part from the Prachathai article 'clearly' shows

"However, Pichit said he believed that the motive of these actions was the ‘square face’ logo of the products, which allegedly symbolizes the facial features of Thaksin, the controversial ex-Prime Minister ousted out by the coup d’état in 2006, whose sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was recently ousted by another coup in May."

Not bad for a local UDD coordinator, he even indicates a possible explanation for the soldiers action while of course being totally innocent and certainly not having wanted to provoke. He probably only used to square face to indicate the positive effect of eating his jams, maybe heavy on sugar rolleyes.gif
  • Like 2

Pichit said he is outraged and confused by the soldiers operation because his stall and products are properly registered under the law, and the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement.

K. Pichit seems to be totally innocent as this part from the Prachathai article 'clearly' shows

"However, Pichit said he believed that the motive of these actions was the square face logo of the products, which allegedly symbolizes the facial features of Thaksin, the controversial ex-Prime Minister ousted out by the coup détat in 2006, whose sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was recently ousted by another coup in May."[/size]

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/4575

Not bad for a local UDD coordinator, he even indicates a possible explanation for the soldiers action while of course being totally innocent and certainly not having wanted to provoke. He probably only used to square face to indicate the positive effect of eating his jams, maybe heavy on sugar rolleyes.gif

Rubl, maybe take a break from Thailand. Surely you are not seriously suggesting the bloke did something wrong ? Did the junta pass some law that square face images resembling Thaksin are against the law ?

If people really getting provoked by this, I guess such law should indeed be considered although the alternative would be to grow the <deleted> up.

Pichit said he is outraged and confused by the soldiers operation because his stall and products are properly registered under the law, and the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement.

"However, Pichit said he believed that the motive of these actions was the square face logo of the products, which allegedly symbolizes the facial features of Thaksin, the controversial ex-Prime Minister ousted out by the coup détat in 2006, whose sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was recently ousted by another coup in May."[/size]

Rubl, maybe take a break from Thailand. Surely you are not seriously suggesting the bloke did something wrong ? Did the junta pass some law that square face images resembling Thaksin are against the law ?

If people really getting provoked by this, I guess such law should indeed be considered although the alternative would be to grow the <deleted> up.

The local UDD coordinator Pichit indicates a possible motive for the confiscation. As such there is a suggestion he was provoking. That's fine, but even in functioning democracies governments don't like to be provoked and may cause you problems. To provoke while under Martial Law seems a wee bit foolhardy.

Anyway, tomorrow a public holiday. I'll take my break then.

• Like 1

There is no evidence that this operation even took place. Could Pichit be making this story up just to discredit those he see's as the emery.

Yeah, same as Taksin never existed if you read the latest history books....

Have you read them then???

I would have thought some posters would be more than happy that Thaksin isn't history yet rolleyes.gif

I think the someone has missed a 'sweet' opportunity (can't help it with this story) Maybe i should 'put a lid on it' before someone tells me to 'jam it'...Would've thought better than a roadside urine test - they could have got him to just 'spread' 'em. If it's this guys 'bread and butter' at stake, he might have tried bribing them with some 'Pingluk butter'....555! ROFL

• Like 1

Post removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

The local UDD coordinator Pichit indicates a possible motive for the confiscation. As such there is a suggestion he was provoking. That's fine, but even in functioning democracies governments don't like to be provoked and may cause you problems. To provoke while under Martial Law seems a wee bit foolhardy.

Anyway, tomorrow a public holiday. I'll take my break then.

The fact that they MIGHT see this a provocation is the reason for the grow up line. What's next, being provoked because people say it's a militairy dictatorship. The truth can be provoking or so it seems...

What next? Maybe do some searching. It would seem even in the Netherlands the public accuses the government, police and other organisations of provocation with their law enforcement.

To the point where vendors that sell jam with a squared faced logo have their goods confiscated and their store demolished by the militairy ? No rubl, that sort of thing doesn't happen in the Netherlands, and if it did, the judicial system would deal with it, as in the Netherlands the government police and other organisations aren't above the law, unlike the current lot here.

"Who is also a local coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD)"

Pull the other one, mate, you have noooooo idea why the soldiers took away your products.

Just disappointed they didn't take you in for some "correction" that you badly need.

Last time I check there was no law against him selling these products with these logo's. So who is breaking the law, him or the people that illegally confiscated his products ? His political views should have no influence on how the law is enforced. If this was a yellow shirt supporter and this happened under the previous government what would your comments have been, police state, thugs etc etc ?

There is no evidence that this operation even took place. Could Pichit be making this story up just to discredit those he see's as the emery.

See for yourself.

Thank you for that Ratcatcher, visual evidence. It wasn't a photo or even a cartoon of Thaksin just a caricature. They'll be burning books next - mark my words.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight jam in France,
we shall fight jam on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight jam with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our land from jam, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight jam on the beaches,
we shall fight jam on the landing grounds,
we shall fight jam in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight jam in the hills;
we shall never surrender to jam, conserve or any type of sandwich spread, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this land or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Fleet, would carry on the struggle against conserve based tyranny, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue, and the liberation of the old from jam.”

• Like 1

To the point where vendors that sell jam with a squared faced logo have their goods confiscated and their store demolished by the militairy ? No rubl, that sort of thing doesn't happen in the Netherlands, and if it did, the judicial system would deal with it, as in the Netherlands the government police and other organisations aren't above the law, unlike the current lot here.

In the Netherlands the police would order the vendor with his makeshift store to remove all or have it removed for him as it is not allowed to just setup a makeshift store along the road. Furthermore the goods might be confiscated if the exact contents isn't clearly indicated and in the local language. Also the vendor may be called in by the Tax Authorities to clarify his tax declaration.

That's how things are dealt with in the Netherlands.

Now stop provoking, please

I don't know whether youv've noticed Rubi that we are not in the Netherlands at the moment, or perhaps you are and are somewhat disorientated. This is about armed soldiers stopping the selling of conserves IN THAILAND because they considered that a caricature on a jar resembled someone that they did not like. This is not Holland and quality control of roadside sold conserves conserves relevant in the Netherlands does not apply here. Surely you have been here long enough to appreciate that.