DTAC prepaid Internet - getting to grips with their terminology

Maestro

I am looking at DTAC's internet packages for prepaid SIMs on this page:http://www.dtac.in.th/internet-package.html

Under No. 4, they mention "free dtac wi-fi". How good is their WiFi coverage in Bangkok, and what is its speed?

I shall visit a DTAC shop probably on Friday but would be glad to have some third-party information from members using a DTAC mobile package. With their advertised 3G at max speed of 42 Mbps for mobile internet, how many MBit/s do you actually get?

In Switzerland, the mobile internet connection icon shows "H", which I understand is UMTS, the specifications of my phone says it can handle HSPA, apparently also known as H+

post-21260-0-32565500-1418162873_thumb.p post-21260-0-89942200-1418162875_thumb.p

First, thanks for the alternative URL for DTAC's Happy service. DTAC's websites are so bloody confusing. Your web ref shows different numbers and prices, plus URL suffixes ending in "in.th". The one I have ends in "co.th". Here's mine: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/happy-unlimited-internet-package.html

Anyway, I'm using an "add-on" to my regular DTAC service, which is mainly a la carte. It's called Double Net 399 baht a month for 3 GB. I've been using it a lot as a mobile phone Personal Hotspot for my computers because of the lousy internet service the last month in my complex. It never fails, even in the recent hurricane like storm a few weeks ago. It seems pretty fast and dependable.

With their advertised 3G at max speed of 42 Mbps for mobile internet, how many MBit/s do you actually get?

In Switzerland, the mobile internet connection icon shows "H", which I understand is UMTS, the specifications of my phone says it can handle HSPA, apparently also known as H+

that's what they mean re: 42Mbps, you can get H+ connections. My tests with Ookla have gotten me upwards of 20+ downstream on occasion, but YMMV. Overall for my usage I have no complaints.

Furthermore - I've gotten LTE connections with DTAC prepaid. Test-wise, I once got just a shade under 40. So speed-wise I don't think you have much to complain about.