Director defends 'Hitler scene' in Thai govt film

webfact

I didn't think it would be an issue.

Yeah, let's portray our children painting and applauding Hitler.

This is so astonishingly ignorant it is beyond belief. He could have offended his own people at the drop of a hat. Could have put any image there and offended no one.

But no,let's pick Hitler? What is wrong with these people. I mean out Micky Mouse in there and applaud. But no, Hitler is the preferred image. Scary ignorant people.

But Walt Disney was a Nazi sympathiser.

• Like 1

Asked a young student once "How much gancha do you smoke each week?"

To which he profusely went on about how he did not, never had, did not like etc etc

So then I asked "why do you have a cannabis leaf on the front of your T-shirt?"

Gulp. Look down whilst pulling front of T-shirt into view.... "Really??"

True story :-)

• Like 2

I know A LOT of Jewish people here who are NOT going to take his lightly.....

And what exactly will they do, you think ?

The Mossad has quite a base in Bangkok, these guys are properly trained intelligence agents and this is not the type of thing they let ignore.

So it's OK for us falang to promote videos about THAKSIN as long as they're a morality tale? No, it's not, because according to Uncle Pruyuth he must be removed from the history books entirely, and yet is Thaksin even on the same level as Hitler and all he represents? Of course not.

This is a pathetic use of one of humanity's worst monsters for the shallow benefits of glorifying Uncle Fester.

No pathetic excuses by the arrogant Thais for their lack of respect for others.

Let me remind you:

Disgusting Thailand.

There is nothing, 0, nada, zip, about Thaksin in the video.

• Like 1

I dont know they are pretty sensitive and rightly so when it come to that man

Whatever the intentions of the movie its insensitive and crass at best surely to use Hitler

I thought the video was mocking the Chula students who put on the Hitler sports day. Did you actually watch the video? Do you speak Thai?

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

I dont know they are pretty sensitive and rightly so when it come to that man

Whatever the intentions of the movie its insensitive and crass at best surely to use Hitler

I thought the video was mocking the Chula students who put on the Hitler sports day. Did you actually watch the video? Do you speak Thai?

No and No , but I don't need either to realise the use of his image in a Government video could be offensive

You mention its comparing a bad child to Hitler is that correct ? Well its some what dismissive of the 6 million killed in the Holocaust and the 70 odd million killed in conflict

Anyway my main gripe was T-Shirts

Edited by ExPratt

You're damn right about that.

I'm sorry to say I now hope this country takes the fall its hubris deserves.

1. What do you think was the message of the video? 2. Are all videos with a 3 second drawing of Hitler insensitive and crass?

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

1. What do you think was the message of the video? 2. Are all videos with a 3 second drawing of Hitler insensitive and crass?

If as I mentioned they are somehow comparing Hitler to a naughty child , then yes I do. I just think its Thai crassness , but I can understand people who are offended. You seem like an intelligent bloke , Im sure if you look from others perspective you'll see the potential to offend

If as I mentioned they are somehow comparing Hitler to a naughty child , then yes I do. I just think its Thai crassness , but I can understand people who are offended. You seem like an intelligent bloke , Im sure if you look from others perspective you'll see the potential to offend

I speak Thai and live in Thailand. The movie was made by a Thai for Thai people and I think it was a slam against the pop culture that uses Hitler as a fashion statement. Do you think I'm wrong?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

thailiketoo please stop perambulating around the actual point which is using Hitler for their own benefit is deeply offensive.

Even according to your own posts it's disgusting they are associating some cheating kid with Hitler. Cheating is rampant across Thailand, are the population who once cheated to be associated with Hitler too? See how shallow this is?

And then there is the fact the vast majority of Thais have no idea of the significance of Hitler so using his image in this way is actually doing nothing good for anyone, which is no surprise given is was a Thai originated brain-fart of the decade.

The movie is a rebuke for the Thai people that are into Nazi chic. The 3 second scene is not positive - it is negative portrayal. You got it backwards.