Suspected Drunk Driver in fatal road crash on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Suspected Drunk Driver in fatal road crash on Pattaya Beach

crash-24.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Tuesday a car driver, suspected of being drunk, was arrested after failing to stop at a fatal road crash on Pattaya Beach Road.

Khun Issara aged 27 from Bangkok was arrested at the Central Pattaya Road and Pattaya Second Road junction after she failed to stop at the scene of the crash which occurred in front of Soi 10 on Pattaya Beach Road and resulted in the death of a pedestrian, Khun Nakorn aged 38.

He sustained catastrophic life-ending injuries and Police investigators determined he was hit at a high rate of speed which was confirmed by witnesses, including a friend of the deceased man, who confirmed his friend was crossing Beach Road when a Toyota Vios, driven by Khun Issara, failed to spot the victim and due to her excessive speed was unable to avoid a collision with Khun Nakorn.

Khun Issara failed to stop at the scene but Police were able to stop her badly damaged vehicle which had sustained major front-end damage. She later confirmed she was involved in the crash and officers determined she was heavily intoxicated.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/158663/suspected-drunk-driver-in-fatal-road-crash-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-10

Its one thing to drink and drive ,but if you have been drinking why not drive at a more sedate pace and not race down the road like a mad fool ,this is what most drunk Thais seem to do.

How about you just get a cab when you drink. Sounds far better to me.

I agree but it ain't going to happen is it?,what I am saying is why do they insist on driving at high speed when drunk,?

Its one thing to drink and drive ,but if you have been drinking why not drive at a more sedate pace and not race down the road like a mad fool ,this is what most drunk Thais seem to do.

I agree but it ain't going to happen is it?,what I am saying is why do they insist on driving at high speed when drunk,?

They farangs.. do the same thing when drunk not a Thai thing people who are drunk are not sensible else they would not have gotten in the car after drinking in the first place.

Should be mandatory time in jail and mandatory big payment to the deceased. No negotiating. RIP to the deceased and best wishes to his family.

Depends who her dad is, sadly.

She was driving a Toyota Vios for Christ sake,how high up the food chain can papa be

• Like 2

That's a great idea. Except Pattaya doesn't have metered taxis. And negotiating with baht bus driver at 2am is no fun. Nor is a 30 minute ride on the back of a scooter!

Sure wish we had taxis like Bangkok. Even with the problems they've got there.

• Like 1

Grab Taxi service opened in Pattaya .....

But I don't have a smart phone! 55555

I did DL the app on wifey's phone. Tried it just now and shows 2 drivers available. I'll give it a go later at night and see what shows up. Fantastic service if it works.

Has anybody tried this here yet??? We tried it once in Bangkok and were a bit disappointed.

That's a great idea. Except Pattaya doesn't have metered taxis. And negotiating with baht bus driver at 2am is no fun. Nor is a 30 minute ride on the back of a scooter!

Sure wish we had taxis like Bangkok. Even with the problems they've got there.

I agree its not easy.. but then again if you can afford to get pissed you can afford a baht bus driver too. But even so if you get pissed in BKK near nana or so you will have to negotiate with taxi drivers too. Don't expect them to turn on the meter that easy around that area and time.

• Like 1

We took one home from Walking Street a number of months ago. The baht bus drivers parked just outside the entrance are ruthless. We paid 1,200B for 4 of us and they waited quite sometime and then loaded another 2 Russians on for 1,000B from them. It was 3am or so.

I'd be happy negotiating with the taxi's in Bangkok. Meter would be some 60B, but late at night, they ask for 200B. No biggie. Plus, if you are patient, you'll eventually find one that will do the meter. Even then, we always tip them well.

• Like 1

We took one home from Walking Street a number of months ago. The baht bus drivers parked just outside the entrance are ruthless. We paid 1,200B for 4 of us and they waited quite sometime and then loaded another 2 Russians on for 1,000B from them. It was 3am or so.

I'd be happy negotiating with the taxi's in Bangkok. Meter would be some 60B, but late at night, they ask for 200B. No biggie. Plus, if you are patient, you'll eventually find one that will do the meter. Even then, we always tip them well.

1200.. wow.. ok yes I understand now. That is highway robbery.

1200.. wow.. ok yes I understand now. That is highway robbery.

The only other option is a scooter taxi for a few hundred baht. But many of them are either drunk or on drugs at that time also! 55555

Plus, at 3am, it's no fun inhaling exhaust fumes for the 20-30 minute ride home in the back of a baht bus. sad.png