Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

Lite Beer

From the RTP reports, the "re enactment" and your own conspiracy theories

The RTP have said the Burmese raped because they became aroused when they witnessed the British couple been intimate on the beach.

Insulting lies, Hanna and David were never an item, indeed all the evidence shown by the RTP ie cctv and released photo in the AC bar show quite the opposite. At no time were David and Hanna shown to be together.

The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered.

"the truth is.."

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

On the topic of the letter. It is naive,with the extreme aim to put political pressure on the Thai authorities. The one indication that the real murderer had left the country should be key to the defence. Who is the B2 referring to? Do they actually 'know' more than has been reported in the media? Did they actually witness something on that beach? Or if they left before the crime occurred, the next day when they went back to work the place must have been buzzing with rumours. What did they hear? Did it tie in with their understanding of the beach scenario?

Questions, questions. Hopefully all will be raised at the trial.

• Like 1

Another fantasy dreamed up by the RTP is the belief that there was only 4 people on the beach at the time of the rape/murders.

David, Hannah and the two Burmese....realy? is that the case?

On a beautiful tropical island party island beach there is only 4 people present?....lies

When Hanna was been rapped...one of the "Burmese" held her down whilst the other raped her??...really??....lies

Boris, you might have to consider the unpalatable (and distressing) supposition that she was unconscious or dead before the rape took place. Only the PM would be conclusive. Any info on that?

• Like 1

Another fantasy dreamed up by the RTP is the belief that there was only 4 people on the beach at the time of the rape/murders.

On a beautiful tropical island party island beach there is only 4 people present?....lies

When Hanna was been rapped...one of the "Burmese" held her down whilst the other raped her??...really??....lies

Again I ask, were you there as a witness?

I believe that Hanna may have been semi or unconscious , but due to drugs and not self inflicted drugs at that. But due to the pathetic Thai autopsy, no toxicology results were obtained.

If date rape drugs were in her system, where did they come from? did the Burmese have access to date rape drugs? did other persons of interest have access to the same?

May I also add, the Island of Koh Tao has something of a history of the use of date rape drugs. I went with my wife to that island 8 years ago, and we were warned by the tour operator, never to accept drinks or always be aware when ordering drinks.

Boris, you might have to consider the unpalatable (and distressing) supposition that she was unconscious or dead before the rape took place. Only the PM would be conclusive. Any info on that?

Edited by BoristheBlade
  • Like 1

From the RTP reports, the "re enactment" and your own conspiracy theories

The RTP have said the Burmese raped because they became aroused when they witnessed the British couple been intimate on the beach.

Insulting lies, Hanna and David were never an item, indeed all the evidence shown by the RTP ie cctv and released photo in the AC bar show quite the opposite. At no time were David and Hanna shown to be together.

The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered.

"the truth is.."

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

That doesn't match your statement I was asking about.

I have no conspiracy theories.

Again I ask, were you there as a witness?

It's more a matter of establishing a 'truth' with insufficient or missing/misleading information - a typical audit investigation into a fraud would aim to fill in gaps to present a plausible case. Whether an absolute could be achieved is questionable.

To begin with a surmise that there was only 4 people at the crime scene (or on the beach) could be challenged if it is known that constant partying occurred every night - as an example. That there are many people who sleep on the beach or on moored boats, or are drifters etc. From that the defence could surmise that the RTP conclusion is implausible.

On the other supposition, if Hannah was incapacitated and unable to defend herself, The RTP's assertion that the B2 were able to carry out a rape is plausible, and that would be more difficult to defend. A reasonable person would challenge the first and accept the second that two persons could have committed the rape crime.

So to answer your question, one does not have to be a witness to construct a plausible scenario or to challenge the RTP's assertions.

Constructing a scenario is not "the truth", that's how BoristheBlade presented his views; even more so when that scenario is based on nothing but speculation.

Double post

Edited by Krenjai

Is this The Truth, yes or no?

"The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered."

I fully expect you to dodge the question.

I didn't write that sentence you quoted, but it's not far from the truth. The scenario I picture is as follows:

David and Hannah were walking along the beach. Some of AC bar punks were with them (one or more of the following: Nomsod, Mon, the Stingray man, the cop who threatened Sean). David was probably not walking directly alongside Hannah. (Note: men bent on rape will want to separate their target from anyone who may want to defend her). I think one of the culprits, probably the Stingray man, diverted David's attention and tried to gently steer him away from Hannah. Meanwhile the gaggle of horny drunk men globbed around Hannah. They initially tried to get her to comply (it's probable she was plied with date-rape drug earlier). When she didn't comply, they used force. David heard her cries, started to go to her aid, and was attacked (possibly from behind) and punctured in the neck several times with a sharp shallow blade. There's more I could add, but that addresses AleG's Q to Boris.

Surprise surprise, you dodged the question... and then run back into your fantasy world.

First off, the question wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to someone else who you quoted from. Secondly, I could ask you 50 questions, and you wouldn't answer any of them. Thirdly, I did answer the question. The answer didn't fit with your frantic determination to shield the Headman's people, so you dismissed it. Who is surprised by your response?

Here's the pattern we've been seeing for weeks from people who are echoing the RTP and shielding the Headman's people:

A poster might post several items surmised from the reports we hear from RTP and other sources. The Headman protectors

don't respond to any of the items, because they don't have strong counter-arguments. So instead, they pick one item and go off on a tangent. One poster can't stop writing the phrase; 'conspiracy theorists.' Another poster can't stop asking for increasing proofs of evidence, as if we're all in a court of law. Even when that poster gets answers, he keeps asking the same question ad nauseum. When that doesn't work, he tries picking on semantics.

What we don't get from them, are any useful additions to the discussion. It's understandable why they're continually on the defensive, as they don't have a proverbial leg to stand on, from the perspective of what we've been hearing from RTP and other sources. They hate social media, even though we're all participating in social media. They hate any perceived scenarios (other than the ridiculous scenario the RTP fed us in the reenactment), because all viable scenarios of the crime include the Headman's people. They, like the RTP, don't want any mention of the scenario in the bar prior to the crime, for the same reasons. They also don't want any investigation in to phone histories. If it quacks, walks, and shits like a duck, it must be a duck, except for people who don't want to even hear the word 'duck' mentioned.

Yes, the question was addressed to you; if you can't figure that out, what hope do you have of figuring out a crime?

As for the rest of your post it's the usual conspiracists babble, not worth addressing.

• Like 1

Lawyers representing Burmese migrant workers accused of killing two young British tourists in Thailand have accused the Foreign Office of being complicit in ensuring the men will not receive a fair trial after officials in London refused to share any information about the prosecution case.

The legal team representing Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, who will stand trial later this month for the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on the holiday island of Koh Tao in September, say information held by the Foreign Office is the only way to access the prosecution case ahead of the court case. The defence lawyers must submit their case within the next 10 days, but are not being allowed by the Thai court to see any of the prosecution evidence in advance.

The Foreign Office had “not been helpful or proactive in any way”, said Nakhon Chomphuchat, the human rights lawyer who is leading the defence case. “The defendants cannot fairly fight the case against them until their lawyers are able to know the case against them. The prosecution has not even provided witness lists, so it’s impossible to plan the defence strategy.”

The issue is a complex one given the British government has no formal legal duties over the case, beyond representing the interests of the families of Witheridge, 23, from Norfolk and Miller, 24, from Jersey. However, when the Burmese men retracted initial confessions soon after their arrest, saying they had been tortured by their interrogators, Britain expressed public worries about the investigation, even calling in a senior Thai diplomat to express concern. Later, Metropolitan police detectives were sent to Thailand to look over the Thai case, and report back to officials and the families.

In the wake of the Met police report, which has not been made public, the Foreign Office released statements from the Witheridge and Miller families in which they expressed confidence in the Thai investigation and criticised the media for widespread reports into concerns Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo might have been used as scapegoats. The Millers’ statement said: “From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution.”

Advertisement

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/15/thailand-murders-burmese-defence-foreign-office-fair-trial

On Tuesday Thai junta chief and prime minister Prayut Chan-Ocha appeared to call into question the victims' conduct in addition to the perpetrators of the attack.

'We have to look into the behaviour of the other party too because this kind of incident should not happen to anybody and it has affected our image,' he told reporters, referring to the two tourists.

Police earlier said the pair had been seen partying at a local bar just hours before they died.

Sky News 16th Sept.

This statement was made the day after the murders by the prime minister. When I first head it it seemed an outrageous and insensitive statement to make. But now after all that has passed in the investigation, I am left wondering whether this was not just a stupid passing remark founded on nothing, but that the 'victims' conduct'/'behaviour' could be related to an argument that took place in the bar. If Mon was allowed all over the crime scene with the police, no doubt he also had plenty to tell them about his side of the story which may have painted a bleak picture of the victims behaviour before they were murdered. Pure speculation on my part of course. Anything for justice.

How does "pure speculation" benefit justice?

Facts benefit justice, pure speculation detracts from justice.

Pure speculation may warrant investigation, possibly leading to facts being discovered, which in turn may affect the outcome/justice of the case .

Ah.... That explains my tax dollars being spent on the pure speculation that the world is flat

Despite us knowing that it is not.

• Like 1

On Tuesday Thai junta chief and prime minister Prayut Chan-Ocha appeared to call into question the victims' conduct in addition to the perpetrators of the attack.

'We have to look into the behaviour of the other party too because this kind of incident should not happen to anybody and it has affected our image,' he told reporters, referring to the two tourists.

Police earlier said the pair had been seen partying at a local bar just hours before they died.

Sky News 16th Sept.

This statement was made the day after the murders by the prime minister. When I first head it it seemed an outrageous and insensitive statement to make. But now after all that has passed in the investigation, I am left wondering whether this was not just a stupid passing remark founded on nothing, but that the 'victims' conduct'/'behaviour' could be related to an argument that took place in the bar. If Mon was allowed all over the crime scene with the police, no doubt he also had plenty to tell them about his side of the story which may have painted a bleak picture of the victims behaviour before they were murdered. Pure speculation on my part of course. Anything for justice.

Pure speculation may warrant investigation, possibly leading to facts being discovered, which in turn may affect the outcome/justice of the case .

Ah.... That explains my tax dollars being spent on the pure speculation that the world is flat

Would that be the same speculation that the RTP are not tainted by bribes and money?

As long as that is solidly in people's minds, they will continue to question their findings.

You really have nothing to add to anything except speculating that the police is right. Proof to me that the police are right, before making any more comment about others views.

Sky News 16th Sept.

Would that be the same speculation that the RTP are not tainted by bribes and money?

As long as that is solidly in people's minds, they will continue to question their findings.

You really have nothing to add to anything except speculating that the police is right. Proof to me that the police are right, before making any more comment about others views.

The trial is where that happens.