UK pensions-life certificate

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah well in begining fine but now the way I have been treated I am very disappointed  with regards  to life forms not being received at my Thai address sent by snail mail, no contact from them which they had access to,  they just cut me off and left the ball in my court. 

It should be possible to do these online..... perhaps in the future.....

On one occasion they accepted a life certificate by email - pending receipt of a hard copy in the post.

I think you were just unlucky.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah well in begining fine but now the way I have been treated I am very disappointed  with regards  to life forms not being received at my Thai address sent by snail mail, no contact from them which they had access to,  they just cut me off and left the ball in my court. 

The same thing happened to my mate.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Unusual - based on many stories I have heard about contact with the IPC. I know of 3 people who's pension payment were immediately restored.

I have personally found them helpful on a couple of "what if" enquiries.

Always polite/helpful - even if soalbundy may be right about the BS factor ????

If you know 3 people whose pensions were stopped, how many more are there that you do not know about?

"..immediately restored." is fine, but they should not have been stopped in the first place. GG DWP are clearly in a mess and need to get their act together. They should stop suspending payments until they can.

Edited by CRUNCHER
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

If you know 3 people whose pensions were stopped, how many more are there that you do not know about?

"..immediately restored." is fine, but they should not have been stopped in the first place. GG DWP are clearly in a mess and need to get their act together. They should stop suspending payments until they can.

All 3 that I know were stopped for justifiable reasons......... 2 of them were using UK addresses and post did not get forwarded. With the other, the post was never received.

The system works - IPC write to the address on file, certification comes back within 16 weeks box gets ticked, life goes on.

IPC write to the address on file, certification DOESN'T come back within 16 weeks, pension gets stopped.

I see nothing wrong in any of that.

My point is that in this day and age the process can accomplished electronically.  Send the letters out by email and accept scanned copies of the life cert back.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Jip99 said:

The system works - IPC write to the address on file, certification comes back within 16 weeks box gets ticked, life goes on.

IPC write to the address on file, certification DOESN'T come back within 16 weeks, pension gets stopped.

I see nothing wrong in any of that.

OK right I didn't see anything wrong until it affected me.

They say they send life forms out at random by ordinary post so how do you know if you do not receive it.?

I didn't receive the August life form so they sent another in November but stopped my pension without trying to contact me.

After receiving the November 2nd life form they had sent I sent the life form back recorded post but that stops at Bkk airport after that how do I know they have received it,  the only way you know is they stop your pension, and you think that is a good system.

They had my email for contact and my telephone number which was put on the previous life form,  why didn't they use them.

I've sent 3 emails which they say they reply to within 10 days, I've had no reply up to now 3 weeks since the last one.

As said before I have no problem with my private pensions.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Why email - just phone them direct as I have found them to be very helpful

IF you have had read previous posts you would of known I have telephoned them twice when pension was stopped, they said although they have verified my  ID ( 8 questions ) on the phone, if they don't receive a witnessed life form they will stop my pension again, yes very helpful nice people indeed. 

On 12/30/2018 at 7:09 PM, billd766 said:

The postal system from Thailand to the UK is fairly good but from the UK to Thailand it is abysmal as they choose the cheapest method.

Indeed. For instance, my latest life certificate form took 17 days to arrive from the UK (via some circuitous route in Belgium or Germany if I recall the postage details on the IPC envelope correctly). Yet the witnessed version only took 8 days to arrive back with IPC. And I had sent this using Thailand Post's standard airmail service with no tracking!

On 12/30/2018 at 6:55 PM, Jip99 said:

It should be possible to do these online..... perhaps in the future.....

IMHO it would be nice if IPC couid at least set the ball rolling by emailing us life certificate forms for witnessing in future. Presumably data protection/security considerations would preclude these from being tailor-made with our names and NI numbers, but I'm sure that we would be more than capable of filling in these missing details ourselves!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Indeed. For instance, my latest life certificate form took 17 days to arrive from the UK (via some circuitous route in Belgium or Germany if I recall the postage details on the IPC envelope correctly). Yet the witnessed version only took 8 days to arrive back with IPC. And I had sent this using Thailand Post's standard airmail service with no tracking!

IMHO it would be nice if IPC couid at least set the ball rolling by emailing us life certificate forms for witnessing in future. Presumably data protection/security considerations would preclude these from being tailor-made with our names and NI numbers, but I'm sure that we would be more than capable of filling in these missing details ourselves!

something that I suggested to them many years ago to no avail. As for post I find it strange that a letter from Germany takes 4 days to get to the post office in my market town 17 km away and from this post office to my house it takes 10 days.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

Be careful though that you donn't end up paying for the EMS track & trace or you'll be charged something more like 1,000 baht!

Ask the price before they finalise a transaction and don't accept it if it's not 110 baht ish for a regular letter post of only a few pages. [The much more expensive version is poor value IMO - gives you little more and maybe only a day faster than the cheap version]

I used this type of post " I say not EMS just medium " you get a receipt cost 85 bht and totaled up to 145 bht, didn't know you could track it, I thought the track ended at Bkk airport.

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I used this type of post " I say not EMS just medium " you get a receipt cost 85 bht and totaled up to 145 bht, didn't know you could track it, I thought the track ended at Bkk airport.

That's what my post office told me when I first went in to see why there had been no record of a delivery a few days after I thought it should have arrived. However they said they would phone up and find out and they were told the date by O when it was received. A day or two later the receipt showed up on line. That cycle of:

. very detailed record of what happened up until dispatch from Swampy

. always a record of when it was received in the UK

. usually (always) a contemporary record of when the document was dispatched to the customer

. wait a few days then the receipt shows up online (always so far for me)

The on-line record of my life cert is attached. It cost 110 baht to send

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

wait a few days then the receipt shows up online (always so far for me)

The on-line record of my life cert is attached. It cost 110 baht to send

Thanks I will go post office with receipt and see if they have received it at IPC but I was waiting because Xmas & New Year hols time so bound to be some delays. 

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I assisted someone recently and sent a follow-up email to DWP including the track-and-trace details from his receipt. The email contained enough info for;

a) DWP to know it was genuine &

b  ) Confirm PoL cert was heading in their direction.

GDPR prevents them replying but the above should hopefully result in payments resuming fairly shortly.

• Thanks 1
On 1/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, evadgib said:

I assisted someone recently and sent a follow-up email to DWP including the track-and-trace details from his receipt. The email contained enough info for;

a) DWP to know it was genuine &

b  ) Confirm PoL cert was heading in their direction.

GDPR prevents them replying but the above should hopefully result in payments resuming fairly shortly.

Thanks I have sent the Life Form by the method mentioned and have the receipt, I was not aware it could be trace up to being received.

I have emailed them before and got an answer in 19 days when they say 10 still whatever IPC do reply to emails.

I am up to date with payments now but will still phone them to confirm they have received my Life Form.

Edited by Kwasaki
On 1/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, evadgib said:

Not necessary if you can trace it to their mail room. Just keep a screenshot on file.

I asked IPC by email to confirm back to me by email when they receive my " life form cert " back which they have done so today.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

With the changes to Thai immigration supporting documentation a person using the income method and pension as supporting evidence will need to ensure any life certificate does not result in suspension of their pension.

A suspension of pension could have disastrous consequences on the immigration status , due to not having the full 12 monthly pension deposit into Bank or meet the average requirements when applying for extension.

I don't think so because when you contact them they resume it, all be it being paid later.

58 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't think so because when you contact them they resume it, all be it being paid later.

Maybe the case for the DWP but not for private pensions. I am aware of one persons  pension was delayed by 3 months due to failure of completion of security review/ life form. They would only re instate after reviewing the details of the completed form , this took 3 weeks from them receiving the form back .

The new requirements  are , money transfer every month for the previous 12 months

Edited by cleopatra2
3 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Maybe the case for the DWP but not for private pensions. I am aware of one persons  pension was delayed by 3 months due to failure of completion of security review/ life form. They would only re instate after reviewing the details of the completed form , this took 3 weeks from them receiving the form back .

The new requirements  are , money transfer every month for the previous 12 months

With tongue in cheek I have no contact and no problem with my 2 private pensions but they will not pay money abroad only into my UK bank 

Maybe they use an option that IPC should adopt. 

My main concern still is the way IPC just send out at random proof life forms and if they do not notify you they have done that and if it is not received by you as was in my case you only know when your pension is not paid into your Thai bank .

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

With tongue in cheek I have no contact and no problem with my 2 private pensions but they will not pay money abroad only into my UK bank 

Maybe they use an option that IPC should adopt. 

My main concern still is the way IPC just send out at random proof life forms and if they do not notify you they have done that and if it is not received by you as was in my case you only know when your pension is not paid into your Thai bank .

I agree with you and I believe that it should be a 2 way process. IPC can still pick people at random but they should notify them by perhaps sms or email (which they don't do at present) and be prepared to accept a scanned form in the same way that they accept a hard copy now. They should also notify the person that the form has been received (which they don't do at present).

• Like 1
17 hours ago, billd766 said:

They should also notify the person that the form has been received (which they don't do at present).

Maybe you miss my #563 .

When I sent the life form back by Thai post recorded mail ( which I call Medium post ) I emailed IPC on there contact web site asking them to emailed me when they received it, which they did. ????

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

I agree with you and I believe that it should be a 2 way process. IPC can still pick people at random but they should notify them by perhaps sms or email (which they don't do at present) and be prepared to accept a scanned form in the same way that they accept a hard copy now. They should also notify the person that the form has been received (which they don't do at present).

Proof of Life (PoL) verification via watsapp must surely be in the pipeline for the not too distant future and IMO its high time HMG embraced technology for elections too. 

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Which is what happens with my postal vote registration.

My previous local authority advise me by email that I need to renew, I have to return by mail, they acknowlege by email that they've received it and then I get a letter a week or so later confirming I'm ok for another year.

I've always found the ladies in their call centre very helpful, and I really surprised they don't do this as a matter of course.

• Like 2