US flag

Dirk_brijs

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

not that I am a scaredy cat, but for the next few weeks it might be a better idea to keep a low profile as far as citizenship

The problem is, who is "they". I never meant to imply or refer to Thais or any other nationality or group. If you feel the need to drape yourself in the US flag and fly it from the top of your house or condo or car or motorbike then go ahead and do so.

No, you implied that any American flying the flag could be in danger for the next few weeks. I think you are for a fact a "scaredy cat." Otherwise, why the thread?

I countered that it's no more dangerous than it has been. Terrorists have hated all "infidels" for a long time and terrorism is nothing new.

I'll fly my flag anytime I want to, and if they want trouble with me they can bring it.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

not that I am a scaredy cat, but for the next few weeks it might be a better idea to keep a low profile as far as citizenship

The problem is, who is "they". I never meant to imply or refer to Thais or any other nationality or group. If you feel the need to drape yourself in the US flag and fly it from the top of your house or condo or car or motorbike then go ahead and do so.

No, you implied that any American flying the flag could be in danger for the next few weeks. I think you are for a fact a "scaredy cat." Otherwise, why the thread?

I countered that it's no more dangerous than it has been. Terrorists have hated all "infidels" for a long time and terrorism is nothing new.

I'll fly my flag anytime I want to, and if they want trouble with me they can bring it.

Hey Neversure...

Your government thinks it's more dangerous.

As for calling people schoolyard names, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Pattaya has many custom T-shirt vendors. Get one that has your flag on the front and "Bring it on!" on the back and take a stroll through the Arab parts of town....

Nah, didn't think so...

• Like 1

One post removed, Getting a tad off topic aren't we chaps, the OP is asking where he can borrow a US flag over the weekend, that's all. No need for all the political stuff thanks.

Wish I had a flag to help you out.

gk10002000 I think it wouln't be any more dangerous than having a british flag or Italian Mexican South Korean etc. Maybe cause of the Guatonomo issue but I wouldn't think it is any less safe here with or without a flag. It sure wouldn't be the Thai buddists that would have a problem Maybe down in the deep south where the religion is not mainly buddist. But in general I think the Thai's emulate the U.S. & copy everything about it. The music the styles of clothing etc. They all want to be like Americans.

If I had a flag & wanted to fly it I sure would regardless of what warnings given from the state offices in the states. Maybe in other countries that don't like the American ways I would subdue the flag outside. But for a Pattaya event any flag less North Korea would not be an issue . And I kinda doubt even that flag would draw much ire in Pattaya. It is pretty neutral here compared to other places in this country. But in general I agree with Bobbin these colors don't run & no fear come to mind. But GK what you probably said was maybe taken out of context & more to do with the detainee issue going on now.

• Like 1

One post removed, Getting a tad off topic aren't we chaps, the OP is asking where he can borrow a US flag over the weekend, that's all. No need for all the political stuff thanks.

Thank you Rimmer

so can we please get back on topic

Looking for a US flag as we need one for an opening ceremony of an International Softball Tournament in Bangkok

There must be at least one flag around somewhere right?

Maybe someone know where to buy one?