formally dressed thais think they are perceived as more important?

Rangsitreppin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dress in clothes covered in paint, shoes with holes in the bottom and shave once a month.

I love to see their assumptions about me, farang kee nok etc

My local policeman knows the score though he actually sees why Im like this asks me when I can build his house laugh.png

Now if we can turn it round and go see the smartly uniformed persons living accommodation you might see something else?

Proof in that people in a poorer come up are all for show and will never really know what matters until the hit the western world and go back home and realise how backwards there world actually is.

Like in australia we dont even have uniform for uni and students are considered the poorest of society next to welfare recipients.

Edited by Rangsitreppin

There is a German saying that roughly translates as "Clothes make the man".

Thai society is at least 50 (to a 100?) years behind western countries in these topics.

Impartiality is widely unknown in Thailand. Master/servant relation is common.

No hiso Thai greets a hotel room maid, will not even notice the presence of a gardener.

And sure he will not appear half naked in public as pictured above.

Uniform, stripes and stars make a person.

More than a 1000 (!) highly decorated generals.

A world record maybe?

Don't they look nice?:

http://www.rta.mi.th/command/command-36/command-37.html

(and thats just the four(!) and three star rank of the army)

Do you know the story of "Captain of Köpenick"? tongue.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Voigt

Friedrich Wilhelm Voigt (13 February 1849 – 3 January 1922) was a German impostor who, in 1906, masqueraded as a Prussian military officer, rounded up a number of soldiers under his command, and "confiscated" more than 4,000 marks from a municipal treasury. Although he served two years in prison, he became a folk hero as The Captain of Köpenick (Der About this sound Hauptmann von Köpenick (help·info)) and was pardoned by Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Maybe still doable in Thailand today.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Is that how they really dress on the left to go to the pub?

In the decent restaurants and drinking establishments, yes. Those who prefer to hang around beerbars and fast food joints can expect the types of clientele as seen on the right.

Unlike in the west, most Thai people are taught to hold respect for those in authority that carries through to their homes, working and social life. Respect and politeness is a part of Thai culture, get used to it.

• Like 2

Thai society is at least 50 (to a 100?) years behind western countries in these topics.

No hiso Thai greets a hotel room maid, will not even notice the presence of a gardener.

A world record maybe?

Don't they look nice?:

Friedrich Wilhelm Voigt (13 February 1849 – 3 January 1922) was a German impostor who, in 1906, masqueraded as a Prussian military officer, rounded up a number of soldiers under his command, and "confiscated" more than 4,000 marks from a municipal treasury. Although he served two years in prison, he became a folk hero as The Captain of Köpenick (Der About this sound Hauptmann von Köpenick (help·info)) and was pardoned by Kaiser Wilhelm II.

I just looked at the link with the Thai army officers. Why in the lord do they have so many medals? Thailand has not been in any serious combat for along time. Are these just tallied up from their days as a boy scout/army cadet??

In the decent restaurants and drinking establishments, yes. Those who prefer to hang around beerbars and fast food joints can expect the types of clientele as seen on the right.

Unlike in the west, most Thai people are taught to hold respect for those in authority that carries through to their homes, working and social life. Respect and politeness is a part of Thai culture, get used to it.

Ah yes those high up un-corruptible people eh, oh yes mucho respectlaugh.png

• Like 1

A world record maybe?

Don't they look nice?:

Friedrich Wilhelm Voigt (13 February 1849 3 January 1922) was a German impostor who, in 1906, masqueraded as a Prussian military officer, rounded up a number of soldiers under his command, and "confiscated" more than 4,000 marks from a municipal treasury. Although he served two years in prison, he became a folk hero as The Captain of Köpenick (Der About this sound Hauptmann von Köpenick (help·info)) and was pardoned by Kaiser Wilhelm II.

ll

I just looked at the link with the Thai army officers. Why in the lord do they have so many medals? Thailand has not been in any serious combat for along time. Are these just tallied up from their days as a boy scout/army cadet??

Reminds me of this, and just as hilarious

LMFAO

It's the image you put out into the world nice tailored suit/ nice shirt formal wear, new phone new car gold chains nice watch and shoes. Successful. Reality credit maxed out can't pay the bill or rent on time call me up for a day out so I can put some farang juice in the gas tank. Me shorts and thongs but I pay my rent on time. Wouldn't go so far as to say I'm gold in rags tho.

I think it is the same the world over, a uniform tends to bolster one's self importance.

yes indeed, all over the west you can watch people holding their heads high as they strut home from a busy day at macdonalds.

i loathed any job that required i wear clothes that were not my own and always believed that the uniform was used in many cases to marginalize the employee.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

You have no idea what incorruptible means, you can`t even spell the word. Mucho? Are you from Barcelona?

What`s your point exactly and the point of this whole thread in fact?

You have no idea what incorruptible means, you can`t even spell the word. Mucho? Are you from Barcelona?

What`s your point exactly and the point of this whole thread in fact?

we are talking about how thais are quick to flex Either it be a thai in a bouncer unifom , security guard, bus driver or the damn bts change giver . BTW bangkok uni girls are one of the worst for this facade game its like as soon as that uniform goes on they are miss god damn universe these days.

If you still dont get it beetle you never will ,its about face been more important than life its self.

I dress in clothes covered in paint, shoes with holes in the bottom and shave once a month.

My local policeman knows the score though he actually sees why Im like this asks me when I can build his house laugh.png

Now if we can turn it round and go see the smartly uniformed persons living accommodation you might see something else?

Proof in that people in a poorer come up are all for show and will never really know what matters until the hit the western world and go back home and realise how backwards there world actually is

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

• Like 1

we are talking about how thais are quick to flex Either it be a thai in a bouncer unifom , security guard, bus driver or the damn bts change giver . BTW bangkok uni girls are one of the worst for this facade game its like as soon as that uniform goes on they are miss god damn universe these days.

If you still dont get it beetle you never will ,its about face been more important than life its self.

Ok, so this is your opinion. And it's complete, made-up crappola. I don't see the Thais acting anything like how you describe.

Proof in that people in a poorer come up are all for show and will never really know what matters until the hit the western world and go back home and realise how backwards there world actually is

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

Not like your implication that the natives need to visit the west in order to find out how 'backward' their own world is then?

I don't get the OP at all. So if a security guard takes pride in looking sharp in his uniform, you take offense? Conversely, a lo-so tourist walks into a department store without his shirt on, and you applaud that? What freakin planet are you from?

What someone decides to wear out in public is darn well a reflection of him/herself in any society. Do I judge someone at first impression based on how they're dressed? Damn right. It's natural. If someone doesn't bother to take a moment to dress decently for the occasion, it does reflect badly on them. Don't understand how some farangs can't grasp this basic concept.

are u thai?

• Like 2