Israeli ambassador says he was deeply saddened over a Thai Value short film

webfact

not smart of thai director

as they assum everybody else in the world, also speak this high valued language ?

if they had 2 working brain cells, they would have put subtitles at least for the rest of the world

but hey, everybody is talking about it, so good marketing right ? bad publicity is better than no publicity at all ? or just ignorance ...

Surely despise Herr H. But could there be any link to the behaviour of Israeli tourists? Israeli and Russian (and somewhat the Chinese too) tourists are by far the worst I´ve met during my years here. Russians in Pattaya and the Israelis on Kho Pha Ngan/Samui.

Truly disgusting behaviour shown many many times....

Didn't Thais serve in the German Army as concentration camp gaurds and in the SS?

Sounds interesting, it's the first time I've heard that.

Can you provide a credible reference?

Don't be so bloody lazy, do it for yourself. Google is your friend. One certain thai person is still alive and living in France. He wrote a book about his life that was published in Thailand. Get off your stool.

Just saw post N#57

Edited by chooka

I have seen the film the title of which is: Understanding sovereignty of the people. it is a story about two children at school, one competent and clever and the other his wing-man a 'follower'. To establish the relationship the film begins with cartoons of the two boys, going to school one leads the other follows, in school one diligent reading as they walk while the other follows playing with a butterfly net, in the chemistry class the clever boy completing an experiment and the other applauding, the clever boy on stage being awarded a certificate from the head. Then comes the controversial cartoon where the clever boy is applauded by his friend for the painting of Hitler. Following scenes, judo, running receiving gold medals all show the success of the clever boy and his disciple enjoying his success and the other boy indifferent to his adoration. The film then starts and the opening scene shows the deciple showing a drawing he has made of the pair of them which the clever boy notices is missing a gold medal round his own neck which he draws in himself.

The Hitler painting is quite incongruous in my opinion, the quality far exceeds the ability of a child of the age depicted. it could show that clever people admire order and discipline of the type Hitler's leadership imposed on Germany. It could show that the film makers consider the military government to be as bad as Hitler and insinuated into the film as a protest. Either way it has BA to do with the persecution of Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, idiots etc. in my opinion.

The message of the film seems to be that although average people might be upset by leaders cheating in order to achieve power, finally the success achieved is unchallengeable, everyone will see that it was right and once again everything will be as it should be. If you think about it, Hitler doesn't personify this, in fact I can't think of any historical figure who could have been chosen as a role model.

Few people have understood the film, I am not sure that I have, but Hitler's portrait only serves to further muddy the water if it is given significance.

Edited by tgeezer

The Israelis are some of the most thin skinned people on the planet. So are most Jews. There is absolutely no room for criticism of their policies. No room at all. No room for debate, in what is supposedly a democracy. If you criticize them, you are a Jew hater. Which I am not, as my family is Jewish. But, i despise the Israeli government, Netanyahu, and the ultra conservatives there. Most of them are insane. So, of course this freak is going to criticize Thailand. Look, I am in no way going to make excuses for the holocaust. It was a ridiculous and tragic affair, on every level, as was tiny Hitler. But, to be so upset each and every time something like this happens is just foolish, and churlish behavior. Grow some thicker skin. Believe me, this program is not going to encourage Nazism. Or compel Thai kids to hate Jews. Most do not even know what a Jew is. Let it rest. Get a life.

The swastika was used for millennium prior to tiny Hitler adopting it, as a symbol for his murderous regime. The symbol is not going to go away anytime soon. Who cares?

I can see the Israeli point of view. There are still hundreds of thousands alive that were kids and teens during that horrible time.

But for the rest of us it's a sad part of history that should be remembered but not put under the microscope because of a symbol that was used a thousand years before.