Real Biker Custom Show 2014

funcat

Let's do it again...sorry for the Thai script before....hope it's OK now :)

REAL BIKER CUSTOM SHOW 2014
13 December 2014

This Saturday at 700Years Stadium...3pm-Midnight...200Baht entry fee...

It is really hard to find any kind of info on this subject,so...here you go...BTW,I'm not associated with them,just found out about it by myself...

Who is the sponsor?

The 200 baht entry fee sounds a little steep - especially if there is going to be a lot of advertising and promotional activity in the show itself.

Still and all, it might be worth seeing. Not many customized big bikes to be seen in Chiang Mai. Although last week my wife and I were having dinner in Duke's [iron bridge] and in comes 20 or more German bikers, the "Gremians" or something like that, in Hells Angels type vests. Their bikes were parked opposite the restaurant and some of them looked like wannabe Harleys done up pretty well. Maybe they will be on exhibit.

If the show is a success this year, it might become an annual event. Something new here.

• Like 1

Who is the sponsor?

The 200 baht entry fee sounds a little steep - especially if there is going to be a lot of advertising and promotional activity in the show itself.

Still and all, it might be worth seeing. Not many customized big bikes to be seen in Chiang Mai. Although last week my wife and I were having dinner in Duke's [iron bridge] and in comes 20 or more German bikers, the "Gremians" or something like that, in Hells Angels type vests. Their bikes were parked opposite the restaurant and some of them looked like wannabe Harleys done up pretty well. Maybe they will be on exhibit.

If the show is a success this year, it might become an annual event. Something new here.

Funny.

They were Gremium MC members from Germany. Most had to rent whatever bikes they could get for Bike Week as they don't live here.

Nice bunch of guys.

• Like 1

And is there something for the adults to do?

Doubtful, not many around.

Quite right, there probably won't be many adults around... that is, unless you consider Americans as being adults.

The hotrod and biker culture that dominated the country in the '50s, '60s, and '70s guaranteed that we would never mature into adulthood. It was just too much fun.

We loved our rods and bikes to an extent that would be incomprehensible to sane people. Our wheels represented many things to us, but most of all it was freedom in a very real sense.

Customizing motor vehicles became an artform, as the writer Tom Wolfe perceptively recognized in his book, The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamlined Baby.

Another facet of American pop culture that still interests some people.

It was a great time and place to be young.

• Like 1