Whats A Resonable Amount To Send Back Home?

SeanC07

Sean,

I understand she wants to keep the appartment, but 2k for a mobile she doesn not use? bad thinking? I have two prepaid mobiles, one thai one european, no need to pay a monthly fee.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in this realtionship, I live 5 years with a money hungry thai girl as many posters here would warn you.

I pay her phone, food and clothes.

Thanks, LOL

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I thought I was finished with this thread but on reading one of SeanC07's old posts I just couldn't resist quoting it here as more proof of how he's "100% sure" of his girl. He says he's known her for 18 months and that she worked at the Soprano House for 8 months, yet apparently never set foot in the place as he seems to have no knowledge of why the customers go there or what the girls do there. Amazing that someone would have a gf for 18 months and yet not even check out her workplace. Judge for yourself whether Sean's a troll or not.

Hi guys

I've got a few questions for anyone who has been to The Soprano House in Bangkok,

basically I would like to know what is the general consensus of the place?

what do the guy's who go there have in mind, do they go for a few drinks and to

watch the bands or is it more sinister than that?

Are the girls who work there like high class call girls or is it strictley above board? I don't want to tarnish my friend with the same stick but as she refuses to tell me so I would to hear from other people who have been to the place.

Cheers guys

Sean,

I understand she wants to keep the appartment, but 2k for a mobile she doesn not use? bad thinking? I have two prepaid mobiles, one thai one european, no need to pay a monthly fee.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in this realtionship, I live 5 years with a money hungry thai girl as many posters here would warn you.

I pay her phone, food and clothes.

Thanks, LOL

Thanks for the advice tartempion, I wont be paying the 2k mobile bill after this month as she won't be using it, I will let her use my spare fone and sim card.

Cheers

So which is you trust her 100% or you dont? not very consistent mate
Maybe not to you but I believe what she says, you don't know her or me so don't tarnish her with the same brush!!

Sean, you were caught out fair and square with your inconsistencies.

If you believe what she says as you now claim, why on earth would you post the following? :D

...the thing is I really want to trust her and if I start thinking too much about it, it may cause problems with our relationship...

I doubt that I am the only one who suspects you are just playing a game or are not particularly bright.

As the old adage purports, to be a good liar one needs an exceptionally good memory.

You seem to be somewhat lacking in the latter department... :o

PS. Try and work out how the 'quote' function works if you insist on using it. :D

Sorry, I thought I was finished with this thread but on reading one of SeanC07's old posts I just couldn't resist quoting it here as more proof of how he's "100% sure" of his girl. He says he's known her for 18 months and that she worked at the Soprano House for 8 months, yet apparently never set foot in the place as he seems to have no knowledge of why the customers go there or what the girls do there. Amazing that someone would have a gf for 18 months and yet not even check out her workplace. Judge for yourself whether Sean's a troll or not.

Hahaha good detective work!!!

No I haven't been there but I have friends who have been, I know what goes on, not all the girls are as well behaved as my gf is, at the time of that old post I just found out she had been working there for a while, she didn't want to tell me as she felt it would upset me but what my friends, her friends have said I believe in what she tells me!!! thats why I trust her 100%, so are you trying to telling me every girl that works there goes with the customer??? I think not!!

I don't care if you think I'm a troll or not!!

I doubt that I am the only one who suspects you are just playing a game or are not particularly bright.

As the old adage purports, to be a good liar one needs an exceptionally good memory.

PS. Try and work out how the 'quote' function works if you insist on using it. :D

I'm not playing a game!! why should I? I trust her and thats all I'm saying!!! too bored to keep repeating myself!!

I'm not playing a game!! why should I? I trust her and thats all I'm saying!!! too bored to keep repeating myself!!

Your transparent nonsense is about as credible as your ability to master how to quote a previous poster... :D

Your transparent nonsense is about as credible as your ability to master how to quote a previous poster... :o

I'm not trying to master a previous quote you idiot!! I know how to do it, my computer doesn't always allow it so I don't bother!!!

Get a life mate!!

Your transparent nonsense is about as credible as your ability to master how to quote a previous poster... :o

I'm not trying to master a previous quote you idiot!! I know how to do it, my computer doesn't always allow it so I don't bother!!!

Get a life mate!!

So you cannot trust your computer either?

Sad... :D

hmmmm wanna bet this is Rosie and her 5 sisters and not a real girl at all that the OP is discussing?

I challenge anyone reading this tread to prove me wrong!!! I really would eat my own words and anything else!!! to show me concrete proof that my gf has been leading me a merry dance!!

somehow I believe no one will be able to!!!

I think the amount requested of 25k may have links back to the THE SOPRANO HOUSE on soi 26 lifestyle. (Previously known as ORBIT) CLUB).

I do not visit there often however unless I go with a couple of Thai guys I know who are vip members.

The Soprano House BAR HOSTESSES (didnt see any PR Girls) job is to entertain customers very much in a SOI 33 kind of way.

As far as I know there a several membership levels available which i think the top one is 150,000 baht a year. now heres the clue this includes bottles of whiskeys, best seats, lots of ass kissing from the managers and girls - however and the clincher is a certain amount of LADYDRINKS for the erm PR Girls who will sit with you until your money runs out :o and make u feel like a Popstar..

I believe the ladydrinks reward the hostess for around 80-100 baht as per normal for a high so type place....

Indeed there is no BAR FINE system for the hostesses in place - however many of the girls go with the customers to thonglor and other karaoke venues after 2am - especially the if they are top vip customers.

I am not saying your girl did this but with the salary and ladydrinks per month and POSSIBLE other earnings a "PR Girl" is probably making.....ooo about 25k a month or more.

Good luck hope it works out. Nice place Soprano and the girls are hot :D

Good luck hope it works out. Nice place Soprano and the girls are hot :o

25k wasn't the amount she mentioned, it was a figure I thought was mentioned but later said it was between 18-20, for this month only, next month will be considerably less!!

But I've taken on board what you've said, cheers

Learn the HONESTY FUNCTION first, then the Quote fuction,wouldn't dout your'e Rosie with the 5 sisters and 6 waterbuffaloos, since only a women would take all this abuse and STILL write a reply!-Like, Buddha says "Karma will visit you" or something like that.

As a pro poker player, you've been read a long time ago, so if I was you I go all in!

And this thread isn't funny no more, it's PATHETIC!

that was the problem, you didnt repeat yourself, you changed mid stream from "i want to trust her" to "trust her 100%"

BTW before i have not accused her of being a pro, i have no issue even if she is, some of them are actually nice (yes i know some arent), its more about you being honest with yourself.

Learn the HONESTY FUNCTION first, then the Quote fuction,wouldn't dout your'e Rosie with the 5 sisters and 6 waterbuffaloos, since only a women would take all this abuse and STILL write a reply!-Like, Buddha says "Karma will visit you" or something like that.

As a pro poker player, you've been read a long time ago, so if I was you I go all in!

And this thread isn't funny no more, it's PATHETIC!

Well stop replying!!! simple.

that was the problem, you didnt repeat yourself, you changed mid stream from "i want to trust her" to "trust her 100%"

BTW before i have not accused her of being a pro, i have no issue even if she is, some of them are actually nice (yes i know some arent), its more about you being honest with yourself.

well sorry for not being perfect!!! I must just say their are only a few decent people on this site the rest are complete CNUTS!!!

CNUTS!!!

Well if as you say you are a newbie to these forums, how would you know that you couldnt write cnuts without it being ****? Me thinks someone is telling a few porkies. Any newbie would write that word correctly then realise that it had been **** then go back and edit it so you could read it. :o

Well if as you say you are a newbie to these forums, how would you know that you couldnt write cnuts without it being ****? Me thinks someone is telling a few porkies. Any newbie would write that word correctly then realise that it had been **** then go back and edit it so you could read it. :o

What are you waffling about? I do have an idea of what I can and can not say!!

Now that does not mean I think Sean should pay up. But I do think that supporting a family is a GOOD trait. I hope that my daughter will feel the same loyalty to me and her mum when we are old farts. I also pray that she would never need to coax cash out of a boyfriend/husband, but she will be a lot more fortunate than most Thais. If Sean's g/f wants to support the family and can have an honest discussion with him about this, I do not think all would be lost. If Sean is smart, he will find out the truth.

The custom of girls supporting their families is far from being commendable its often a form of slavery. My wife was taught at school in home everywhere that her parents and family were the only reason for her life and that is was the worst sin to disrespect them or not do everything to help support them. Can you imagine that being drummed into you day after day from the time you can talk to time you leave school, high school or even university. When her and her friends talk about it (and most wont talk or admit it ) I think of it a the most awful brainwashing ever worse than catholic church in its bad parts. Fancy being told for ever we brought you into this world you owe us and don’t think its just poor girls it runs right through Thai society rich poor well educated etc. Thank god its going quite fast. Ive even known of a thai wife being beaten by her parents because her forang husband and hence her did not give enough (only 10,000 baht a month).

I love Thailand and 90% of it is wonderful but this aspect I think is pure evil. Luckely my wife escaped but is still thought as bad by most of her family and of course it still effects her ( after so many years brainwashing) and she’s a mild case. Even some of her high school mates with degrees etc are still supporting their family with up to 80% of their wages (one ofher friends has a good office job after university and has been giving her family nearly all even 10 years later, she gets about 24,000 a month and just has about 1-2000 for herself)

Sorry its not noble or nice – mostly its done out of guilt and custom ingrained into the poor girls from birth

And boys mostly (exceptions exist) do sod all – no wonder some Thai girls prefer forangs

Now that does not mean I think Sean should pay up. But I do think that supporting a family is a GOOD trait. I hope that my daughter will feel the same loyalty to me and her mum when we are old farts. I also pray that she would never need to coax cash out of a boyfriend/husband, but she will be a lot more fortunate than most Thais. If Sean's g/f wants to support the family and can have an honest discussion with him about this, I do not think all would be lost. If Sean is smart, he will find out the truth.

The custom of girls supporting their families is far from being commendable its often a form of slavery. My wife was taught at school in home everywhere that her parents and family were the only reason for her life and that is was the worst sin to disrespect them or not do everything to help support them. Can you imagine that being drummed into you day after day from the time you can talk to time you leave school, high school or even university. When her and her friends talk about it (and most wont talk or admit it ) I think of it a the most awful brainwashing ever worse than catholic church in its bad parts. Fancy being told for ever we brought you into this world you owe us and don’t think its just poor girls it runs right through Thai society rich poor well educated etc. Thank god its going quite fast. Ive even known of a thai wife being beaten by her parents because her forang husband and hence her did not give enough (only 10,000 baht a month).

I love Thailand and 90% of it is wonderful but this aspect I think is pure evil. Luckely my wife escaped but is still thought as bad by most of her family and of course it still effects her ( after so many years brainwashing) and she’s a mild case. Even some of her high school mates with degrees etc are still supporting their family with up to 80% of their wages (one ofher friends has a good office job after university and has been giving her family nearly all even 10 years later, she gets about 24,000 a month and just has about 1-2000 for herself)

Sorry its not noble or nice – mostly its done out of guilt and custom ingrained into the poor girls from birth

And boys mostly (exceptions exist) do sod all – no wonder some Thai girls prefer forangs

Thanks for the advice number 6, at least you didn't call my gf a prostitute as nearly every other person has on this site so far!!

Thanks for the advice number 6, at least you didn't call my gf a prostitute as nearly every other person has on this site so far!!

Just to lighten things up a bit an old joke but before that – who knows if shes real honest etc only you and her – like I told my friends 5 years ago – I’m only after her for her money she only wants me for my body so what’s problem – and I’m an ugly git but 5 years later all sceptics are still waiting for me to get the chop – so go with your heart, if id listened to sceptics 5 years ago I would not have had the 5 most wonderful years of my life and hopefully many more anyway not that I care but my some strange chance my wife was not a BG (impossible I hear you all scream) – so here's the joke

A guy goes into a bar and sees the most sexy fantastic chick he’s ever laid eyes on – she’s making eyes at him so being an old ugly git he reckons she must be on the game – She agrees to go out to dinner and after a fantastic $ 1,000 dinner the guys says can we go back to your place or is my place fine. The girl looks at him coldly and says no way. The guy says look im older you’re the most fantastic thing I’ve ever seen im fantastically rich and I really want you, will you go to bed with me for $ 1,000,000. She girl say sure of course. He then asks if he can have sex with her for $100 she slaps him in the face and haughtily says, “ what sort of girl do you think I am”

He replies we’ve already established that now were just haggling on price.

Well number6, thnk you for pulling out my quote from many pages ago, but I would have appreciated putting it into context of what I was saying. The point I was making was in reference to attitudes to THE WOMAN CONCERNED not to the parents that the money is given to. The paragraph you omitted to post read:

"Whilst I have given Sean my views previously about being very careful here, if it does turn out that his g/f is sending money back to her family and perhaps wants the 25k to continue this whilst in the UK, we should certainly not condemn her for this. I have said in other threads that many Thai women go to extraordinary lengths to support their extended families, yet they are seen as evil in many peoples eyes because of this. It would be a different story if she was p****g it away on clothes and jewellery. Many Thai couples face the same pressures. In the west, we let social services take care of it, but in Thailand they do not have that option".

i.e. - Do not blame Thai women for their desire to support a family back home and specifically, if this was why Sean's g/f wanted the money, do not blame her for it or see it as some failing in her personality. Now I do agree that in some cases the pressures mentioned are applied in a very negative way. But I know MANY Thai people who are more than happy to help out thier families and have not been brainwashed or beaten by "evil" parents to do this.

Surely you would agree number6, that the last people that should be blamed for whatever family support system is in place, should be the ones that are struggling to meet their obligations, either voluntarily or after coercion?

But back to Sean. I have no way of knowing whether Sean is trolling or not. If But the hounds are certainly attacking at the moment. However, if Sean just happens to be a genuine guy with hopes for a new relationship with someone he cares deeply about and he is simply looking for some words of advice from the forum, do you think he deserves some of the comments he is getting?

Everyone here is guessing at the nature of his relationship based on some scant bits of information posted here. But some seem to be coming to some pretty firm conclusions about his new partner and then throwing it out there like it's a fact.

Advice is one thing, condemnation is something altogether different.

Surely you would agree number6, that the last people that should be blamed for whatever family support system is in place, should be the ones that are struggling to meet their obligations, either voluntarily or after coercion?

of course im not blaming girls but i still say system is evil and wrong ok mostly - ive discussed this over many years with my thai wife and her friends - nothing wrong with helping your family and if they deserve it im first to help - but sorry from my 15 years here and 6 years living with thais (not forang enclaves) to many parents see their daughters as cash cow and particularly male members of Thai family - we do not really disagree and sorry if i implied something you did not mean but i still say system is bad evil and totally wrong - not only that it holds back Thailand from becoming a proper deevelopede nation. Our western system also goes to far other way sometimes. Its probably to long a suject to discuss here. The mian problem ive seen mant times is pure greed of a lot of thais (rich and poor) and once the poor forang gives some hes often bleed dry before he knows whats happened - sorry it happens so often and its disgusting. Nothing wrong with helping aged parents with 10,000 baht or so so they can live ok but how many itmes has that turned into millions - through greed of hangers on - so many times - sorry ive made it clear if my wifes family are hungry and have no money ill buy food if their ill within reason ill pay medicine etc - they have never asked but would get it gladly simply because in 5 years except for one miserable uncle bastard i will help if they really cant help themselves. Theo ne uncle whos tried every trick known to get money has never got a baht and sorry even at his death will not get a satang from me

But back to Sean. I have no way of knowing whether Sean is trolling or not. If But the hounds are certainly attacking at the moment. However, if Sean just happens to be a genuine guy with hopes for a new relationship with someone he cares deeply about and he is simply looking for some words of advice from the forum, do you think he deserves some of the comments he is getting?

Everyone here is guessing at the nature of his relationship based on some scant bits of information posted here. But some seem to be coming to some pretty firm conclusions about his new partner and then throwing it out there like it's a fact.

Advice is one thing, condemnation is something altogether different.

Charma

Thanks for that, people keep on about me being a troll, how could I be when I've never heard of the word before I came on to this site!!

The thread has been turned upside down after I innocently came on to ask for some experienced advice but all I've been getting is abuse!! people calling my gf a pro without knowing her!!

I'm totally genuine and I certainly will think again to come here to ask for some advice if this is what's going to happen in the future!!

Thanks again for an adult response!!

of course im not blaming girls but i still say system is evil and wrong ok mostly - ive discussed this over many years with my thai wife and her friends - nothing wrong with helping your family and if they deserve it im first to help - but sorry from my 15 years here and 6 years living with thais (not forang enclaves) to many parents see their daughters as cash cow and particularly male members of Thai family - we do not really disagree and sorry if i implied something you did not mean but i still say system is bad evil and totally wrong - not only that it holds back Thailand from becoming a proper deevelopede nation. Our western system also goes to far other way sometimes. Its probably to long a suject to discuss here. The mian problem ive seen mant times is pure greed of a lot of thais (rich and poor) and once the poor forang gives some hes often bleed dry before he knows whats happened - sorry it happens so often and its disgusting. Nothing wrong with helping aged parents with 10,000 baht or so so they can live ok but how many itmes has that turned into millions - through greed of hangers on - so many times - sorry ive made it clear if my wifes family are hungry and have no money ill buy food if their ill within reason ill pay medicine etc - they have never asked but would get it gladly simply because in 5 years except for one miserable uncle bastard i will help if they really cant help themselves. Theo ne uncle whos tried every trick known to get money has never got a baht and sorry even at his death will not get a satang from me

This was the bit I think you implied from my post:

The custom of girls supporting their families is far from being commendable

Anyway, I think we can agree that exploitation of females in any culture for the financial benefit of a family can be undesireable, but a genuine willingness to support loved ones is a positive trait as far as the individual is concerned.

Sean

I see your Soprano thread has been resurrected and is receiving a similar level of negative and vindictive commentary. If you are genuine and it does turn out that your g/f was a hostess as implied by others here, then I still think you have to decide whether your relationship is based on genuine feelings or some other factor. I think your posts here are part of that process and whilst you are fighting to defend your g/f's honour, you still need to consider all angles.

Take the rough with the smooth and don't take the more vicious posters too seriously. There are those that have a tendancy to gloat over anyone's (percieved) flaws.

Of course if you are trolling, I take all this back! :o

Hahaha good detective work!!!

No I haven't been there but I have friends who have been, I know what goes on, not all the girls are as well behaved as my gf is, at the time of that old post I just found out she had been working there for a while, she didn't want to tell me as she felt it would upset me but what my friends, her friends have said I believe in what she tells me!!! thats why I trust her 100%, so are you trying to telling me every girl that works there goes with the customer??? I think not!!

I don't care if you think I'm a troll or not!!

2006-06-24 17:36:56

So lets see that post you made when you found out she worked there was 2 months ago? and she has been working there for 8 months? so she hasnt been honest with you for 6 months or not told you she changed jobs?

learn the quote function .... please ....

Why?

If for no other reason than to make your comments easier to understand.

I have had similar trouble recently and got some great advice from Totster, Jockstar and Kerryd,if you want to improve your presentation of a serious arguement it does help.

Alternatively, don't bother.

But just in case you do, just glance over the thread 'quote mode', on the forum support desk it might help, you will of course have to excuse my initial sorry attempts at their advice, but the basic mode is fairly simple operation

Moss