Help needed for a terminally ill lady who wishes to spend her few remaining days in Samui

webfact

I have contacted already the Deutsche Hilfsverein Thailand and should have an answer back by tomorrow morning.

I am more then happy to assist financially as well. Sadly she doesn't have a passport otherwise she could stay with us in Sakon Nakhon and leave this world with happiness.

• Like 2

I have contacted already the Deutsche Hilfsverein Thailand and should have an answer back by tomorrow morning.

I am more then happy to assist financially as well. Sadly she doesn't have a passport otherwise she could stay with us in Sakon Nakhon and leave this world with happiness.

Please let us know what they said. Whatever the answer, happy to help financially as this is what is needed most I understand.

I fully appreciate the lady's desire to just fade out, but there might be some attraction to a family environment, anything but a hospital.

Given the passport issues, etc, I'm not really sure how she can stay with people, but focus on a final, family, Christmas with her "Samui family" might , eventually, be appealing and give her some final happiness, not to mention the inevitable fact of finality.

I fully appreciate the lady's desire to just fade out, but there might be some attraction to a family environment, anything but a hospital.

Given the passport issues, etc, I'm not really sure how she can stay with people, but focus on a final, family, Christmas with her "Samui family" might , eventually, be appealing and give her some final happiness, not to mention the inevitable fact of finality.

I can open my door and she can just walk inside

If I don't know she is there I do t need her passport problem is i need her out by 23 rd to clean the placed for customers

Please let us know what they said. Whatever the answer, happy to help financially as this is what is needed most I understand.

Good news. Also it is weekend the issue has been forwarded to the management of the Deutsche Hilfsverein Thailand and as well to their contact in Samui.

In fact they are very grateful that we mentioned it to them.

This is the reply from Samuitimes, when I ask where I could send some money to help out with the lady's last wishes, hopefully they can get something setup, so we can help.

On Sat, 12/13/14, Samuitimes Editor <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Would like to help
To: "James
Received: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 1:22 PM

Hi
James, thanks so much for your email. I have asked the
wonderful chap who found her to figure out how much she
needs each week and then we will figure out how people can
contribute, we may not have a lot of time to set up a
charity account but maybe the hospital wil take direct
payment.

I will keep
you updated, thank you so much for contacting us, you are so
kind.

With very warm
regards

Su

Editor
Samui Times
Tel
: 0810910107Email
: [email protected]
: http://www.samuitimes.com

A few thoughts:

1. Does the German Embassy have a straightforward hardship fund? They will, inevitably have a welfare officer, through whom contact can be made.

2. What about whether any health insurance companies could be persuaded to get on board, paying costs, as an act of corporate social responsibility or to glean direct positive publicity. I know that Thai companies don't seem to be wildly pro-active in trying to attract a farang client base, but I get the impression that Thai Life (Thai Health Insurance Public Company) and BUPA aren't entirely dead to the issue.

Why not respect her wishes and leave her alone?

Once the police got involved she entered the system. They couldn't legally abandon her for if nothing else, fear of prosecution. Hospital will not release her for at least the very same reason.

Better to use any money donated to quickly renovate to living conditions the bungalow she was in, obtain the OK for her to live there and provide some medical support if she requires it for legal reasons. No much to ask for is it?

At the end of the day no one should be "on their own" when the time comes.

This family will be all the richer for their support and humanity in future years, I am positive they will not be interested in recognition and thanks, but they are to be commended for their actions.

'Should' by whose definition? Obviously not the very person making the choice.

If the lady wishes to die alone then she should be let to. Who the Hell am I, you or anyone else to judge on someone's dying wish?

Why not respect her wishes and leave her alone?

What kind of a nonsense comment is that? Is it beyond you to actually write something positive about how people have come together to help this lady? Unlike you, there are people who are genuinely concerned about this lady, and want to know how things are going for her. It seems pretty obvious (if you read the article) that she has indeed been 'left alone', apart from the people who want to help her. Aaaah... a bit late, but I get it... you are one those troll types eh?