Military To Promote Prayuth's Twelve Values Via Social Media

Lite Beer

Military To Promote Prayuth's Twelve Values Via Social Media

By Khaosod Eng.

14183793191418379418l.jpg

BANGKOK — The Royal Thai Army has announced plans to use social media to promote the teachings of Thai junta leader and former army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Maj.Gen. Wattana Noikamrop, the officer in charge of the army's Civilian Affairs Department, said today that the military is working to publicise Gen. Prayuth’s "Twelve Values" online.

"We will establish a network on Facebook, social media sites, and websites that are popular among teenagers to develop the new generation of leaders," said Maj.Gen. Wattana.

He explained that the "network" will urge young people to adhere to the Twelve Values, learn about unity and order, refrain from using drugs, and be proud of their "Thainess."

"Especially loyalty to Nation, Religion, Monarchy, which is central to the reconciliation of all Thais," Maj.Gen. Wattana said.

The officer did not elaborate on the exact operations of the “network,” but added that the military is also organising 4-day camps for students who want to learn more about the Twelve Values and His Majesty the King's teachings.

The Twelve Values, bestowed by Gen. Prayuth to Thai children in a televised broadcast in July, are the following:

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1418379319&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-12

The twelve values already exist; this is nothing new, and certainly nothing written by our new Lord Leader.

The number 12 occurs in many previous Thai constitutional drafts, Buddhism, and in fact many Asian rules of thumb.

The twelve values were even bestowed prior to 1932.

It's a shame 1939-1945 was not bestowed in educational values too!

• Like 1

Seriously, please tell me which one of the 12 values you don't like and tell me why.

Don't forget these are designed for the Thais and NOT for farangs.

1. Loyalty to the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy
2. Honesty, sacrifice, endurance, and noble ideology for the greater good
3. Gratitude for parents, guardians, and teachers
4. Diligence in acquiring knowledge, via school studies and other methods
5. Preserving the Thai customs and tradition
6. Morality and good will for others
7. Correct understanding of democracy with the King as Head of State
8. Discipline, respect for law, and obedience to the older citizens
9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King
10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King
11. Physical and mental strength. Refusal to surrender to religious sins.
12. Uphold the interest of the nation over oneself.

I don't like no. 8 on the link given:

The last two - respect for the law and obedience to the older citizens - are often contradictory.

Hey I'm getting pretty old... think I might go and slap me up some younguns. Just for kicks... (and the supreme patriarch said it was ok.)

The first point, "loyalty to the nation, the religion, the monarchy" is very important.

How many people do we know, who have special skills but who go abroad to work ? These people leave, taking away their skills, for the sake of a higher pay packet in a foreign country. This is something that damages a country. Including Britain.

Go ahead junta, these points, especially the first one, need to be taught to people. Not just on social media, but maybe in schools and colleges as well.

• Like 2

Go ahead junta, these points, especially the first one, need to be taught to people. Not just on social media, but maybe in schools and colleges as well.

Nice to see that you're up to speed on things. Why let a lack of knowledge get in the way of commenting, eh? They are being taught in schools, though at least some pupils (at Triam Udom Suksa, no less) have both the balls and the intelligence to object.

attachicon.gifmaobook_edited.jpg

"Unity and Conformity is strength! "

Unity and conformity leading to social happiness and national pride. Excellent idea.

Ratcatcher, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not ! :)

Mao Tse-Tung was the founding father of modern-day China. He laid the foundations for the China we see today. The China that Mao created was the launch-pad for the China we see today. And indeed, China today is a nation that has rapid economic growth, and it is slowly catching up with America and Russia on the world power stage.

Mao is still loved by many people in China. His face still appears in many places. Most countries need a big name person who is going to lead and inspire his nation to greatness. Maybe Thailand needs such a person.

• Like 1

Seriously, please tell me which one of the 12 values you don't like and tell me why.

9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King

10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King

I don't like most of them. And I know many Thais who feel the same. Though the point is only partially that the content of the 12 commandments is objectionable; their existence and the fact that they are being dictated to the country by a government which has precisely zero legitimacy is at least as big a source of opposition.

Exactly. The Thai government is currently headquartered in a glass house.

Designed by whom exactly? Do you know? I do, but can't comment.

I can say that half are from previous Constitutions prior to 1997, a quarter directly from Buddhist doctrine, and the latter amendments to the 2007 constitution.

Thus, yes, they are designed for Thais and not farang, so you tell me..... which ones did Prayuth design as a sole entity?

• Like 1

The first point, "loyalty to the nation, the religion, the monarchy" is very important.

How many people do we know, who have special skills but who go abroad to work ? These people leave, taking away their skills, for the sake of a higher pay packet in a foreign country. This is something that damages a country. Including Britain.

its been pounded into them all from a very young age, right thru out their schooling already.