Monk Gives Farang A Slap.

RustBucket

What else can he do? Certainly getting in a fight with a monk is lose-lose.

He'd have to have it I'm afraid... I just could not live with myself and the dodgy karma after.

Whether he's a real monk or not, it is all BS at the end of the day because we're humans. Not defending the monk in the slightest; more the fickle nature of our species to revert to norm. Buddhism, lol.

Who would wanna sit next to a monk anyway i ask you?

How creepy.

dont you people ever go on bts or bus? Would you hassle a monk to moove over? Ive never seen it happen

And they reckon they got a handle on the culture.

the guy should be ashamed to stoop that low.

Please moove it mr monk i am so tired and old.haha

You're not very bright are you?

He was asking permission by the Monk if he could sit next to him. It's called being respectful.

Somehow it got misconstrued and he got a slap for his troubles. Perhaps it was because his Thai is as childlike as yours.

What is creepy about sitting next to a Monk? On a bus or BTS I would stand up for a Monk, or older person or so a young kid could sit down. Most people try to look busy with their iPhones...but guys like you aren't fooling anyone.

You sure are an odd dude.

im not bright hey? Your showing your lights arent on much either.

You probably share same manners as this bloke in your liason with thais...keep jabberring away in English to someone who obviously knows none ( in this case a monk ) and when they cant understand..you just speak louder. The fact the monk thought he called him kwai,was obvious enough the guys body and mouth language was probably rude and condescending.

You like the other guy call me out..where do you get off?

How would you like someone go to your country and mouth off to say a priest? Or whatever your belief?

Iseen even pregnant ladies get up to let a monk sit..its not that a big deal

How creepy.

dont you people ever go on bts or bus? Would you hassle a monk to moove over? Ive never seen it happen

So far you have criticized the guy for not using Thai, although you dont really know if he even knows how to speak it, which he probably can seeing as he is a languages teacher. You then criticize folks for not having a handle on the culture. Then you criticize the monk as something creepy.

I would say that both your posts actually show yourself as not having a clue about Thai culture that you accuse others of not understanding.

I think it all just started off with you wanting to show off to the forum that you can speak a little Thai.... Wow... So impressive.

no i said it was creepy to want a seat bad enough to wake up a monk to sit next to him..whod bother?

If you and the other bloke is obvious you hate anyone who knows thai just because you dont. Ive seen the type.no use you going to school as your ego cant handle the idea of learning something from another who you assume is less intelligent than you.yeah and id have a good guess of your nationality too

i only put the thai there so maybe others could know what to say as i always am looking for stuff to learn on here. But thats a bit beyond you hey

How creepy.

He was asking permission by the Monk if he could sit next to him. It's called being respectful.

Somehow it got misconstrued and he got a slap for his troubles. Perhaps it was because his Thai is as childlike as yours.

What is creepy about sitting next to a Monk? On a bus or BTS I would stand up for a Monk, or older person or so a young kid could sit down. Most people try to look busy with their iPhones...but guys like you aren't fooling anyone.

You probably share same manners as this bloke in your liason with thais...keep jabberring away in English to someone who obviously knows none ( in this case a monk ) and when they cant understand..you just speak louder. The fact the monk thought he called him kwai,was obvious enough the guys body and mouth language was probably rude and condescending.

How would you like someone go to your country and mouth off to say a priest? Or whatever your belief?

Wow.... you must have gotten hold of the extended footage of this incident seeing as you seem to know everything that is off camera in the first, or are you just an amazing guy who can look at something and deduce with 100% accuracy everything that happened and that it was all the farang guys fault.

Or.. (and this is the most likely) You are just another apologist that dislikes farangs because you are not having such a great time of it here in Thailand and therefore require all your peers to be below your pretty low status?.... I bet I am getting warmer now.

actually i lived in thailand years and had no trouble with thais. Only time i had trouble was when having to mix with forieners like you. Cannot leave your ego at home and need to denegrate others

• Like 2

It's gone viral on FB in Thailand. Apparently the Falung has been in Thailand for 10 years and is a teacher.

His wife is filing charges against the monk.

After 10 years the guy should know a bit of thai.

for next time:

"Kar-tot na crap, hai nang dai mai crap"

not hard. What an oaf

The Monk did not know he had been here 10 years, could have been a first day tourist for all he knew, it's the Monk who is the oaf. Should be disrobed for disgracing his order and the country,

Looks to me as if he was either stealing into the monk's bag, touching the monk's bag, or such. In the very first second his hand is on the monk's saffron gear/clothing. But a monk smacking another man... Gosh, seems quite unmonk=like.

The monk looks like a phony monk to me (robes the wrong color). Monks only beg early in the morning and then go back to the wat.

i wonder which one of the 12 values the monk was demonstrating?

Perhaps number 5? debates? 555.

The Twelve Values, bestowed by Gen. Prayuth to Thai children in a televised broadcast in July, are the following:

1. Loyalty to the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy

2. Honesty, sacrifice, endurance, and noble ideology for the greater good

3. Gratitude for parents, guardians, and teachers

4. Diligence in acquiring knowledge, via school studies and other methods

5. Preserving the Thai customs and tradition

6. Morality and good will for others

7. Correct understanding of democracy with the King as Head of State

8. Discipline, respect for law, and obedience to the older citizens

9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King

10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King

11. Physical and mental strength. Refusal to surrender to religious sins.

12. Uphold the interest of the nation over oneself.

sheesh theyre awful

How creepy.

Relax. Breathe.

Firstly, I speak Thai, so assuming the monk is Thai, he would have understood me.

Why he got a slap is up for conjecture. Maybe the guys Thai is poor. Maybe he was misunderstood. It's irrelevant.

Secondly, I wouldn't mouth off at a Priest....like I wouldn't mouth of at a Monk. Refer to my earlier post. It's called respect....whether I subscribe or not.

It was you who said sitting next to a Monk is creepy. It was you that said the "the guy should be ashamed to stoop that low." referring to the guy wanting to sit next to the Monk.

You're still an odd guy.

My referance about creepy and stooping low was the farangs actions of even annoying the monk in the first place..but do go on as you will.

you see words on a screen and soneone is creepy?

Probably a lot of people on here think you are creepy too

:0)

He looks very genuine to me and the robes are not the wrong colour, monks do travel around on trains and buses. They do not beg for food they give the chance for people to make merit by giving, they do not need the food in most cases. if you think they go back to the wat after go into any malls and see them buying phones and laptops

• Like 1

He looks very genuine to me and the robes are not the wrong colour, monks do travel around on trains and buses. They do not beg for food they give the chance for people to make merit by giving, they do not need the food in most cases. if you think they go back to the wat after go into any malls and see them buying phones and laptops

Fake monk notice robe color. Many monks are just guys in the wat for a week or so and not really monks as opposed to the monks who live in the wat and do the begging rounds every morning.

post-187908-0-28139300-1418467672_thumb.

• Like 2

For <deleted>. What's the deal with all the old, bitter, ignorant folks around here that can't seem to read the entirety of an article, rather they insist on twisting facts, making defamatory remarks, and deviating to non-essential conclusions. You know who you are and you're a bloody waste to this forum..

The gentleman here is a long-time resident, respected teacher, and a friend. His knowledge of Thai culture and language shouldn't be the question, but just as the video shows - the blatant actions of the monk are the concern. Anyone that doesn't see that needs to recheck what they think they know about Thailand and the religion. Furthermore, the man clearly holds his temper at bay and doesn't instigate the situation - which for several reasons should be commended.

Do you know him? What was the word (FAI?) that the uploader reported he said to the monk that the monk mistook for KWAI, which escalated the situation?

Edited by katana

Monk though he was special. Wanted two seat to snooze on. Didn't like the farang asking him to get up so he could sit down.

Tingtong tourist. Maybe if you get slapped by a monk, you would think differenty. Pregnant women getting up for amonk, no big deal?? What planet do you live on?

• Like 2

so we have arrived at the (obvious) conclusion that shit degenerate, luddite, multi-time convicted felon, tattooed degenerate, skinhead (the nerve! not even english!) threw on (fake) robes to ensure not picking up sluts on the train and to help solidify a solid sleep on his journey, only to be interrupted by this soft spoken pink shirt wearing occidentalist whom may be aussie may be newcastle fc supporting englishman!?!?!?!

the plot thickens.

in other news - great to hear that mr monk may face charges :)

And you know what ? I'd be first on the board of the ol' "I WOULD STOMP THAT BLOKE, MATE" bandwagon, but obviously doing that would face serious (lame) repercussions, whether getting a group beat down or even legal action, it would not be in your (or mine) favor. Staying as cool as that man did is quite impressive. Although.. a sneak attack after he has stepped off the train may have been more fitting and becoming of this fascist? !

• Like 2