Chinese Couple, Throwing Hot Water And Threatening to Blow Up The Plane Force Return To Bangkok

Lite Beer

is there a more uncouth bunch of people on the planet than the mainland chinese? I don't think so.

Look harder ....remember it's about the maths ...10% of uncouth Chinese means 130 million so it looks like a lot of them

Try meeting the other 90% who are well mannered and nice people ...that's about 900 million

It's a lot of nice Chinese ....start with one and reduce the prejudice...I see lots of drunk Aussies and Brits ...I still offer tea when I meet them for the first time always on the hope i am meeting the nicer ones and not the drunks

Edited by LawrenceChee
  • Like 1

total screw ball...these people who cant behave themselves on a plane need to be dealt with seriously, i´ve seen too many idiots on planes over the years, from Chinese / japanese wandering down the plane just before landing, puting the stewardess in danger that has to run after him....from drunken swedish , danish arrisholes.. a russian mouthing off at a thai on an air asia flight and the thai guy beating the sheeite out of him...a drunk dane sitting next to me that was refused any more drink then assaulted the trolley dolly before falling over, he was then threatened with arrest and being cuffed...a loopy nepalese woman fighting with a stewardess over her handbag , climbing over seats, refusing to keep shutters shut when people sleeping..while she filmed the sun with her camera.. , absolute nut cases, is it too much to ask just to behave yourself for a couple of hours???

Last flight home I had the dubious honour of sitting smack behind a 20-stone drunken, boorish Jock. Got arsey with the attendants when they wouldn't serve him any more booze, after a good 8 hours of drinking whisky and beer. Then proceeds to slag off the airline at full volume like a little kid. You know the score: look around the cabin and see normal people from various nationalities taking it easy (including Thai and Chinese) and I get this thing right in front of me Why Me! Why didn't I go business!

• Like 1

Threatening to blow up an plane, and his woman threatening to kill herself, seems like extreme behavior when told you cannot sit together. What lovebirds. We cannot sit together, and we want to die! We want to take everyone with us!

I hope they both got some time in prison. This kind of thing is no joke, or laughing matter. Three years minimum, in a Thai prison, sounds about right. Maybe they will learn something about correct behavior!

• Like 1

I am sure I am.

I should have added that the group you refer to more than likely originally travelled from China to Macau and then to BKK and were on the original return route, i.e. the relevant travel permit. Criminal element the couple surely are not but do conform to your 'noisy and daft' observation. I do agree the constant seat changing on boarding is an annoyance but so to the obsessive belts off and standing in the isles immediately after landing while not forgetting the inability to recognise a line or queue anywhere be it shop checkout, bus, train or taxi rank.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Macau and Hong Kong are Special Administrative Regions (SARs). They have special visa requirements for mainland Chinese travellers. The visa issued is known as a "two-way permit" or "exit-entry permit" (EEP), and allows the holder to enter either Hong Kong or Macau.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Republic_of_China_Exit-Entry_Permit_for_Travelling_to_and_from_Hong_Kong_and_Macau#cite_note-1

http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/EDoN.html

"Hong Kong SAR grants a stay of seven days to mainland Chinese who use their People's Republic of China passport in transit through Hong Kong to and from overseas. "

I am guessing that mainland people passing through Macau have similar requirements in terms of documentation, although it may be that if they do not exit the airport no EEP is required.

An EEP is issued to people who 'regularly' enter and exit HK or Macau for work, business or education and is facilitated by individual immigration lines and automated entry gates such as those used for residents of either HK or Macau. i.e. it is a card and used similarly to that of a HKID card.

Otherwise, you have confirmed what I had originally posted save you have omitted that the traveller has also a travel permit issued from the Chinese Govt.

Ah, you are quite correct, Katoom, in that Chinese nationals with passport do not need a visa

when transiting HK/Macau. According to this Chinese embassy in Latvia(!) website, anyway. So apologies

to you, and I stand corrected.

(1) Chinese passport holders who are in transit through Hong Kong from another country, region or territory may

be granted a stay of 7 days without the prior need to obtain an entry permit, with the condition of possession

of valid Chinese passport and confirmed onward air tickets for the overseas journey. If Chinese passport holders

will go for mainland China or Macau via Hong Kong, onward air tickets are not compulsory.

Chinese passport holders who are transit through Hong Kong from mainland China to another country, region

or territory may be granted a stay of 7 day without the prior need to obtain an entry permit with the

condition of possession of valid visa for the destination and confirmed onward air tickets for the overseas

journey.

http://lv.china-embassy.org/eng/lsyw/t927842.htm

Thank you DeepInTheForrest...

It was reported in the Thai Daily news today that authorities in Beijing have announced that the couple involved in the water splashing incident will be severely punished after footage of the incident was shown on Chinese TV.

It was reported in the Thai Daily news today that authorities in Beijing have announced that the couple involved in the water splashing incident will be severely punished after footage of the incident was shown on Chinese TV.

Like I said ...they are heading up north for a week of re-education ...nothing like -15 degrees wind to make you chant why one should never waste hot water

The Chinese camps make quick learnings ...on how to behave in public and are very effective

• Like 1

1) Chinese passport holders who are in transit through Hong Kong from another country, region or territory may

be granted a stay of 7 days without the prior need to obtain an entry permit, with the condition of possession

of valid Chinese passport and confirmed onward air tickets for the overseas journey. If Chinese passport holders

will go for mainland China or Macau via Hong Kong, onward air tickets are not compulsory.

Chinese passport holders who are transit through Hong Kong from mainland China to another country, region

or territory may be granted a stay of 7 day without the prior need to obtain an entry permit with the

condition of possession of valid visa for the destination and confirmed onward air tickets for the overseas

journey.

So if a PRC national was in SAR Macau and involved in some illegal business and their seven days were up they would have to leave the SAR Macau and do a border run, so to speak, to be able to carry on that business . I have listed three choices available , there could be more.

1) they could travel to Hong Kong SAR by ferry, and stay for seven days if they wanted, and return by the same route or another destination with a route to Macau.

2) they could go back to PRC at the border gate and return by same or another destination with a route to Macau .

3) they could fly out to another country, Thailand being a safe entry and with cheap flights, and return to Macau.

I beleive the Bangkok route presents less hassle .

I am sure this it what I saw on numerous flights between Macau and Bangkok in 2009. The bit about rude and argumentative behaviour just made these crews stand out more.

Like I said ...they are heading up north for a week of re-education ...nothing like -15 degrees wind to make you chant why one should never waste hot water

The Chinese camps make quick learnings ...on how to behave in public and are very effective

Lawrence are you saying it should be compulsary ?

Edited by onionluke

They don't make that compulsory only the high profile ones like this dumb idiot who is a disgrace to the country

And the practicality of the Chinese is always there ...the amazing thing is these camps are not free and the families have to pay for the upkeep as rice cost $$$ and if jails are modeled this way ...I guess crime rates will drop

So unless this kid is some CCP members son ...he's going for the no frill winter camp

I'll try to find out ...as my influence is down south and not north ...I reckon the standard 14 days for him

Edited by LawrenceChee

They don't make that compulsory only the high profile ones like this dumb idiot who is a disgrace to the country

And the practicality of the Chinese is always there ...the amazing thing is these camps are not free and the families have to pay for the upkeep as rice cost $$$ and if jails are modeled this way ...I guess crime rates will drop

So unless this kid is some CCP members son ...he's going for the no frill winter camp

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1661860/chinese-tourists-who-scalded-thai-stewardess-hot-water-noodles-be

The four people involved in this incident may also get a travel ban of sorts .

total screw ball...these people who cant behave themselves on a plane need to be dealt with seriously, i´ve seen too many idiots on planes over the years, from Chinese / japanese wandering down the plane just before landing, puting the stewardess in danger that has to run after him....from drunken swedish , danish arrisholes.. a russian mouthing off at a thai on an air asia flight and the thai guy beating the sheeite out of him...a drunk dane sitting next to me that was refused any more drink then assaulted the trolley dolly before falling over, he was then threatened with arrest and being cuffed...a loopy nepalese woman fighting with a stewardess over her handbag , climbing over seats, refusing to keep shutters shut when people sleeping..while she filmed the sun with her camera.. , absolute nut cases, is it too much to ask just to behave yourself for a couple of hours???

Why I can only just drag myself to an airport once every two years. The window blind is a classic,wake up 50 people just so you can look at an <deleted> cloud.

This nut case was told . at least 5 times to close the shutter... The last time she was told, she got the person travelling with her to surround her with a blanket , blocking out most of the light so she could keep filming the sun....loony....She had already, before the flight took off had a shouting match with the stewardess , regarding puting her bag in the overhead storage, she wouldnt let go and almost came to blows....eventually when she agreed to let the stewardess put it in, as soon as the plane started speeding up on the run way, she undid her seat belt, climbed over the person next to her, opened the storage and took her bag back...When we landed , she was the same, plane hadnt even stopped and she was climbing over chairs and people to get her stuff from the overhead...i eventually lost it with her, when i was stood up , ready to go, but with hundreds of other people in the aisle waiting, she placed her bags on top of mine , and said " you can go now" absolute idiot..there was a few choice words came out of my mouth , and the stewardess (by this time had had enough of her) was shocked at me losing my temper but just smiled, said thank you, goodbye...lol

I hate it when we have such representation of the Chinese abroad as it drives the already crazy racists into overdrive and the reasonable travelers to insanity

The reality is with 10% traveling the first time on planes ...that's 130 million on a plane and some follow the rules and we have some like this

who are bonkers

Will be calling the camps at Dongbei for a re-education process for these 4 idiots ....nothing like -20 degree C run that will make you appreciate hot water instead of throwing it away

I have flown China Southern to Europe a few times and I found the vast, vast majority of the Chinese passengers to be friendly and well mannered. The only particularly noisy one I ever encountered was the chap chasing after me in Amsterdam airport and yelling at me to stop so he could return my forgotten Kindle...

Well, that makes you an expert, doesn't it. I suggest instead you spend a couple of weeks, even a couple of days, travelling around mainland China, and while the behavior on this flight is extreme, it is in line with the behavior of a very large number of people in China, and more so those who travel abroad.

Before you flame me back, I've experienced unusual kindness and honesty from Chinese people when visiting there--the guy who picked up my credit card and tapped my shoulder to hand it to me after it dropped out of my wallet comes to mind--but even Chinese people, who by the way are much more nationalistic than the average (a recent survey placed them #1 or #2 world-wide) will admit there's a serious problem with selfish and inconsiderate behavior.

This isn't about Chinese culture or something in their genetics, it's about what the last 100 or so years of history as done to Chinese society, and it isn't pretty. Pretending it isn't so based on a couple of experiences with China Southern is weak tea.

I hate it when we have such representation of the Chinese abroad as it drives the already crazy racists into overdrive and the reasonable travelers to insanity

The reality is with 10% traveling the first time on planes ...that's 130 million on a plane and some follow the rules and we have some like this

who are bonkers

Will be calling the camps at Dongbei for a re-education process for these 4 idiots ....nothing like -20 degree C run that will make you appreciate hot water instead of throwing it away

I have flown China Southern to Europe a few times and I found the vast, vast majority of the Chinese passengers to be friendly and well mannered. The only particularly noisy one I ever encountered was the chap chasing after me in Amsterdam airport and yelling at me to stop so he could return my forgotten Kindle...

Well, that makes you an expert, doesn't it. I suggest instead you spend a couple of weeks, even a couple of days, travelling around mainland China, and while the behavior on this flight is extreme, it is in line with the behavior of a very large number of people in China, and more so those who travel abroad.

Before you flame me back, I've experienced unusual kindness and honesty from Chinese people when visiting there--the guy who picked up my credit card and tapped my shoulder to hand it to me after it dropped out of my wallet comes to mind--but even Chinese people, who by the way are much more nationalistic than the average (a recent survey placed them #1 or #2 world-wide) will admit there's a serious problem with selfish and inconsiderate behavior.

This isn't about Chinese culture or something in their genetics, it's about what the last 100 or so years of history as done to Chinese society, and it isn't pretty. Pretending it isn't so based on a couple of experiences with China Southern is weak tea.

Agree ...grandparents & parents should bring back the bamboo cane and and teach the kids some basic manners

However this generation of mini emperors born out of the one child policy makes it a hard test of the culture and whether it can be reversed

Edited by LawrenceChee

Wonder if the plane had mostly Thais on board or mostly Chinese. The last time

on a Chinese plane that 6 passengers on board talked about blowing up the plane,

the Chinese passengers beat two of them to death on board......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianjin_Airlines_Flight_7554

"The IBD suggested that the incident as a whole was not favorable to the Chinese government because "the real story is that the hero is no longer the state, but ordinary Chinese."

On 3 July, the Xinjiang government awarded $16,000 each to 10 passengers who fought the hijackers, to reward their bravery"

"During the fracas that followed, the man threatened to blow up the plane as his girlfriend threatened to kill herself. Passengers say dinner cutlery was used in the melee. The couple finally calmed down once other passengers became involved."

INSTANT Noodle Cutlery means a plastic bendy fork... Right?

A fine, and let go...you got to kidding me!

Sounds like more Thai corruption...pay Thai officials, and let go.

This is terrible! Attacking a flight attendant with boiling water, and threatening to blow up a plane, and all they get is a fine!

They should have made an example of these fine upstanding Chinese tourist.

A fine! facepalm.gif How much did they have to pay the Thai officials under the table?

And now the Chinese government is threatening to take legal action against them back home.

Why couldn't the Thais do it? What's legal about threatening to blow up a plane, even if it was just said hastily and probably not meant in earnest?

Wonder if the plane had mostly Thais on board or mostly Chinese. The last time

on a Chinese plane that 6 passengers on board talked about blowing up the plane,

the Chinese passengers beat two of them to death on board......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianjin_Airlines_Flight_7554

"The IBD suggested that the incident as a whole was not favorable to the Chinese government because "the real story is that the hero is no longer the state, but ordinary Chinese."

On 3 July, the Xinjiang government awarded $16,000 each to 10 passengers who fought the hijackers, to reward their bravery"

Probably mostly Chinese with perhaps 1-2 token westerners and a few Thais - although it depends on the flight as it's not always like that; I've been on THAI flights to Kunming with half the flight full of Sri Lankans, on another occasion it was Malaysians and Singaporeans and on another a Thai group tour.

Of course the other Chinese on this particular flight were probably extremely unhappy with what transpired; for starters these idiots threatened their safety, secondly they also inconvenienced them by forcing the aircraft to turn around and go back to Don Muang. It surprises me that there wasn't a brawl in which these people were taken down by the other passengers. Mind you if I were on board, I would have probably thrown them to the ground, pinned them in their seats until landing and made a citizen's arrest myself.