Advice needed for Uk Woman married to Thai

Get a non O immigrant visa when you are in the UK...get it from the consul in Hull....when you come here, visit immigration and amend the reason for extension to be that you are married to a Thai national....you need a few quid in the bank 400000 I think....about 8 thousand pounds....it needs to be there for 3 months in a Thai savings account....if you don't have the money borrow it for 3 months (there are commercial companies that will do this if you haven't got a rich relative)...you will aloo need some translation of documents like marriage certificate and stuff if it is not in Thai....plus some photos of you together at your home.

A foreign woman married to a Thai national does not need to show any income or money in the bank in order to get an extension of stay.

A foreign husband of a Thai naitonal must season the money 2 months, not 3 months.

Is there any logical reason for that? Maybe they always assume a man it there to financially support a woman therefore a foreigner needs to show the cash but the Thai doesn't because they are flooded with money clap2.gif

My wife is on an extension of stay married to a Thai spouse (ie yours truely).

I'll leave it to the others here to advise if you can convert and ED visa to a non immigrant O in country, but if not, it is easy enough to pick up one at the RTE in London showing your marriage certificate and probably some ID from your husband.

One you are back in Thailand you can extend your stay towards the end of your initial 90 days and get annual extensions there after based on marriage to a Thai spouse. My wife has been doing it for 10 years or so....

• Like 2

Discrimination against Thai Women. sad.png

I would think it's discrimination against the man. Asking them to prove they have funds to support both man & woman in the relationship.

Discrimination against Thai Women.

A Thai Man can set up home with a foreign spouse very easily.

A Thai Woman cannot set up home with a foreign spouse without him having to jump through all sorts of hoops.

Appalling

agreed it is madness and shouldnt be so hard to be with the one you love, it is true it is easier for a woman to set up home here with aa thai man but it doesnt come without sacrifice. To even begin resettlement back in the uk we all have to jump through the same hoops and its very very hard especially if you dont have the required financial security. Its true the man here is expected to provide but the wages here for most are not a comparrison to back home and so it is very hard and my sacrifice is only seeing my family once in a blue moon and sometimes not even getting to say good bye to people you love. It shouldnt be this hard for anyone and I hope one day things change.

• Like 1

agreed it is madness and shouldnt be so hard to be with the one you love, it is true it is easier for a woman to set up home here with aa thai man but it doesnt come without sacrifice. To even begin resettlement back in the uk we all have to jump through the same hoops and its very very hard especially if you dont have the required financial security. Its true the man here is expected to provide but the wages here for most are not a comparrison to back home and so it is very hard and my sacrifice is only seeing my family once in a blue moon and sometimes not even getting to say good bye to people you love. It shouldnt be this hard for anyone and I hope one day things change.

Having a Thai wife doesn't make it easy to get her into the UK for even a few weeks to visit my family there.

Her visa application was refused using terms like "On the balance of probability" they suspect that she will overstay and require funds from the state. Bah!

BTW, I am resident in Spain and now, so is my wife!

We have been screwed by the results of the UK's previous PC/open door policy to immigrants.

Oh well, not to worry, we invite family to visit us and have a holiday in Spain.

Stuff the UK!

However, I'm sure you could get a visa for a holiday for Sami.

As long as you show that he has a good reason to return to Thailand.

In our case I am retired and that seems to muddy the water.....

Next!

• Like 1

Having a Thai wife doesn't make it easy to get her into the UK for even a few weeks to visit my family there.

Her visa application was refused using terms like "On the balance of probability" they suspect that she will overstay and require funds from the state. Bah!

BTW, I am resident in Spain and now, so is my wife!

We have been screwed by the results of the UK's previous PC/open door policy to immigrants.

Oh well, not to worry, we invite family to visit us and have a holiday in Spain.

Stuff the UK!

However, I'm sure you could get a visa for a holiday for Sami.

As long as you show that he has a good reason to return to Thailand.

In our case I am retired and that seems to muddy the water.....

Next!

Hello, its truly horrible isnt it. Its like your being dictated to about who you fall in love with and should or should not marry. I for one am not looking forward to eventually trying to get us there and may follow you on another destination, I also have family in germany so it may be worth seeing how that is. We have thai friend who is married to a swedish lady and they had no issues with him moving to sweden. I hope in the next year or so we can return for a holiday based on seeing my family. Craziness. Spain sounds great though and its the Uk loss.
  • Like 1