Nissan Almera seems the best bang for baht?

yankee99

thumbsup.gif I've bought a Nissan Almera June 2015. The Sportech Model with all Options: Navigation, Start/Stop Automatic switchable, LED Daylight, Magnesium Wheels, Back- sensors and Camera, Keyless entry, automatic AC, DVD-CD,CVT Transmission, etc. I paid THB 628000 cash and get free tinted Windows, Pearl white color(optin. cost THB10000) and 1 Year 1. Class Insurance.

Conclusion after driving now 25000Km:

- Amazingly comfortable. I drive 2 Times/Month from Phitsanulok to Hua Hin and back. Average speed on Highway 130Km/h by 2500rpm. Consumtion E20 5,7 L/100 Km. City 5,9/Countryroad 4,5

-

Averge speed 130kmh?

Its what its be TOP speed?

When I drive in top 170 averge its be 100-110.

You're right. I tried as constant 130 km / h to drive, which is of course impossible in bangkok. An average of 100 Km / h is realistic.

For OP

just few day ago look in Lamphun Big C

Nissan Almera start from 437k

And downpayment from 10%

Ps

But in this is class car in Thai market in my opinion honda city good choice.

MT 559k

AT 589

Yeah.....cheap Honda City without any Options. Is a question of claim. I have the City also compared, no chance against the Almera. The Honda City with similar equipment such as the Almera will cost about THB 100.000 more.

thumbsup.gif I've bought a Nissan Almera June 2015. The Sportech Model with all Options: Navigation, Start/Stop Automatic switchable, LED Daylight, Magnesium Wheels, Back- sensors and Camera, Keyless entry, automatic AC, DVD-CD,CVT Transmission, etc. I paid THB 628000 cash and get free tinted Windows, Pearl white color(optin. cost THB10000) and 1 Year 1. Class Insurance.

Conclusion after driving now 25000Km:

- Amazingly comfortable. I drive 2 Times/Month from Phitsanulok to Hua Hin and back. ****I tried as constant 130 km / h to drive, which is of course impossible in bangkok..Consumtion E20 5,7 L/100 Km. City 5,9/Countryroad 4,5I

- The CVT-Gearbox is not as lame as feared. Need some Learning- Progress of the Driver and about 5000 Km to blow thru the Engine. The Engine runs very quietly and cultivated.

- Maintenance Service Cost: Small THB 1000/ Big THB 2000.

- A lot of Interior- Space same as a upper Middleclass Car. Legroom on Backseats very spacius. Huge Trunk

- The only Things I fitted extra, is a Frontseat Middle Console with Box and a DVR Dashboard Camcorder.

I've Compared this Car with Toyota Yaris, Toyota Vios and all the other in this Price class. I know: For the Money I can't get more. The Almera is a Family- Car, isn't a Eyecatcher, but what else............

Pros:

+ Comfortable, quiet and cultivated

+ Long Distance Car

+ E20 Petrol

+ Huge Trunk

Cons:

- Not as Consumption- Friendly Nissan promised

- Short Maintenance Interval 10000Km

I will buy this Car again, have never regretted this purchase.

****I corrected : I tried as constant 130 km / h to drive, which is of course impossible in bangkok. An average of 100 Km / h is realistic.

For OP

And downpayment from 10%

Ps

MT 559k

AT 589

Yeah.....cheap Honda City without any Options. Is a question of claim. I have the City also compared, no chance against the Almera. The Honda City with similar equipment such as the Almera will cost about THB 100.000 more.

"The Honda City with similar equipment such as the Almera will cost about THB 100.000 more."

How you compare?
honda 1.5 vtec ... nissan 1.2
its similar?blink.png
Honda AT 0-100km 12 sec. nissan its 16 sec??
So for road with two lane nissan not much safely in long destination.
Different people have different needs.
with this approach you need to buy it cheaper Chinese car with a wide range of options.thumbsup.gif
wai.gif

For OP

And downpayment from 10%

Ps

MT 559k

AT 589

"The Honda City with similar equipment such as the Almera will cost about THB 100.000 more."

How you compare?
its similar?blink.png
with this approach you need to buy it cheaper Chinese car with a wide range of options.thumbsup.gif
wai.gif

If the acceleration is as important:OK.... 4 sec more saves me 100.000 THBgigglem.gif "not much safely in long destination"? Crash- Tests speak another language. By the Way, the Almera have more Ground Clearence than the Citybiggrin.png....good Idea for average Thai- Roads.

For OP

And downpayment from 10%

Ps

MT 559k

AT 589

How you compare?

its similar?blink.png

wai.gif

If the acceleration is as important:OK.... 4 sec more saves me 100.000 THBgigglem.gif "not much safely in long destination"? Crash- Tests speak another language. By the Way, the Almera have more Ground Clearence than the Citybiggrin.png....good Idea for average Thai- Roads.

I do not know what can say crash test about active safety as bracking, acceleration,handling.

But when overtaking on the road with one lane can save the life of almost a 30% faster acceleration.

I do not know what about you talking...

Averge thai road its normal road for any clearence in stock car. And ofcouse city clearence it be fine

What wrong with thai road?

Pc

Almera nice car.

And ofcouse all people have different needs.

;) goos luck on Thi roads

Un called for, not everyone has a Big Head. They are rather nice for the price, and as a Go For ride.thumbsup.gif

they are literally at the bottom of every list with the proton savvy. Much better options for the same price; new or used. The almera is to car what walmart's clothing line is to clothes. It's acceptable but its still the worst option possible.

I have been looking for a new small car to replace a 10 year old top spec city, have also bought a triton, so it will be a second car now, wanted to spend around 500,000, has to have keyless entry and start,alloy wheels, 6.2" + screen,auto

so looked at suzuki swift gxl 564,000 (25,000 discount) test drive - noisy, gear changes not smooth, no leg room for rear passenger. ciaz gxl 625,000 (50,000 discount) test drive - quiter than the swift, still didn't like the gears, very roomy.

mazda 2 high petrol 617,000 ( 30.000 discount) no test drive, looks like a nice solid built car but a bit more than i wanted to pay

honda no discounts across the range - city/jazz too expensive 700,000+ , brio amaze top spec 525,000 wife is a honda person but didn't like it

toyota yaris too expensive, basic model wind up windows Nissan march too small, almeria ugly mg3 well its chinese kia what a range of cars chevrolet dont do anything small

mitsubishi mirage the new rear end looks better than the old sharp crease, gls 539,000 (30,000 discount) a bit small, Attage 545,000 (30,000 discount)comes with the new rms- forward and fcm-ls (smart radar/camera) 6.2" hifi unit ( a rebadged sony xav 68bt). height adjust seat, huge boot space, plenty of leg room in the back, keyless entry, drives reall well, smooth gear changes and okish noisy, so far its the top of the list, price is spot on, same at brio amaze but lots more for the money

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for a new small car to replace a 10 year old top spec city, have also bought a triton, so it will be a second car now, wanted to spend around 500,000, has to have keyless entry and start,alloy wheels, 6.2" + screen,auto

so looked at suzuki swift gxl 564,000 (25,000 discount) test drive - noisy, gear changes not smooth, no leg room for rear passenger. ciaz gxl 625,000 (50,000 discount) test drive - quiter than the swift, still didn't like the gears, very roomy.

mazda 2 high petrol 617,000 ( 30.000 discount) no test drive, looks like a nice solid built car but a bit more than i wanted to pay

honda no discounts across the range - city/jazz too expensive 700,000+ , brio amaze top spec 525,000 wife is a honda person but didn't like it

toyota yaris too expensive, basic model wind up windows Nissan march too small, almeria ugly mg3 well its chinese kia what a range of cars chevrolet dont do anything small

mitsubishi mirage the new rear end looks better than the old sharp crease, gls 539,000 (30,000 discount) a bit small, Attage 545,000 (30,000 discount)comes with the new rms- forward and fcm-ls (smart radar/camera) 6.2" hifi unit ( a rebadged sony xav 68bt). height adjust seat, huge boot space, plenty of leg room in the back, keyless entry, drives reall well, smooth gear changes and okish noisy, so far its the top of the list, price is spot on, same at brio amaze but lots more for the money

Steve...you mentioned 30k discount on your mazda2 offer. 617k is after discount or before discount?

The second highest model is advertised as 617k (and the top model as 642k).

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Un called for, not everyone has a Big Head. They are rather nice for the price, and as a Go For ride.thumbsup.gif

they are literally at the bottom of every list with the proton savvy. Much better options for the same price; new or used. The almera is to car what walmart's clothing line is to clothes. It's acceptable but its still the worst option possible.

You must test drive the Almera before you buy one, even if it means renting one for the day.

They really are horrible and a throwback to the 1970s tin cans.

I,ve had a manual Almera for 15 months now and I,ve put 35,000 kms on the clock in this time mainly doing trips down to Trang 943 kms drive and it has proved to me to be an excellent car,never any problems even sometimes with 4 passengers,my fuel consumption is 20.6 kms/litre which is almost 60 miles/gallon.

So to you two gentlemen with the negative comments I think your talking out of your backsides gigglem.gif

You must test drive the Almera before you buy one, even if it means renting one for the day.

They really are horrible and a throwback to the 1970s tin cans.

I,ve had a manual Almera for 15 months now and I,ve put 35,000 kms on the clock in this time mainly doing trips down to Trang 943 kms drive and it has proved to me to be an excellent car,never any problems even sometimes with 4 passengers,my fuel consumption is 20.6 kms/litre which is almost 60 miles/gallon.

So to you two gentlemen with the negative comments I think your talking out of your backsides gigglem.gif

It's good that you're happy with your car. I had one for a week and hated it.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Archived