Nissan Almera seems the best bang for baht?

yankee99

Shopping for a car for the wife as im concerned about her having a motorbike accident with the children. So we looked at the fiesta, jazz, city, almera and swift.

The Almera sportech has about the best deal with 525,000 25% down 0% 48m free 1st year insurance. Went to the dealer in pattaya and they said no test drives. I said ok ill go to Na Jomtien and they (pattaya) said no test drive there either. Na Jomtien nissan was empty with one sales lady. She says no sportech available and can not order. She also said no finance promotion. She was new but no management at the dealership to help her;(. They came to my house this morning with a almera to test drive unlimited. Test drive was what i would expect with no complaints.

The jazz was considerably more money with no finance promotion or free insurance. Although my wife likes it at 650,000 plus insurance and interest i find it hard to justify the price for a grocery getter.

The fiesta has a nice promotion 60m @ 0% but the buy price is around 650,000 without free insurance. Test drove it and had some issues. The seat felt small not sure how to describe it. The ac never cooled the car properly. Turned to max and never backed it down. Normally after a few minutes in most cars max is too cold. Sales staff were plesent.

The city is nice and if not for the cost it would be my choice.

The swift well we just didnt care for it and limited dealers.

So seems the almera although a small engine may be the best value. Besides engine is there any negatives about this car.

I have had an Almera for a couple of years now. And my expelrience has been trouble free. The back seat is huge, gas economy is good and it is good for driving around the narrow streets. It is also conservative looking enough to blend in with the traffic.

I don't care for the system where it shuts off every time one comes to a stop, but there is an override button that I push as a matter of habit everytime I start the car, which fixes that.

It often hauls a back seat full of family members or bags of soil and plants from the nursery with no problem, although I would not recommend pulling out in front of highway traffic that are headed your direction at full speed because it does take some time to get up to speed. However, it has no problem maintaining that speed.

Overall, I like the car and have no second thoughts.

I have had an Almera for a couple of years now. And my expelrience has been trouble free. The back seat is huge, gas economy is good and it is good for driving around the narrow streets. It is also conservative looking enough to blend in with the traffic.

I don't care for the system where it shuts off every time one comes to a stop, but there is an override button that I push as a matter of habit everytime I start the car, which fixes that.

It often hauls a back seat full of family members or bags of soil and plants from the nursery with no problem, although I would not recommend pulling out in front of highway traffic that are headed your direction at full speed because it does take some time to get up to speed. However, it has no problem maintaining that speed.

Overall, I like the car and have no second thoughts.

take a look at the Toyota Aris eco model, sporty looking and very good on the consumption, bought the misses one in January and well pleased with it

By the way, I like my Toyota Avanza a lot. Nice ride, lots of space, reasonable economy - runs on E20. Not a racing car, but she can even cope with the Phuket hills, if you suggest the automatic to choose the right gear wink.png Did a trip Phuket-Nong Khai-Phitsanulok-Phuket lately, stress free and comfortable. The 1.5S model was a good choice at almost 700k (cash), including license plate, 1 year 1st class insurance, and such. Bought about 2 months ago. Have a look at her.

I bought the wife one last year, great little car, roomy inside very good on fuel, only problem i have had was the Cooling fan motor had a bearing failure yesterday, car now out of Warranty so a bill for 1300. Baht for the new motor and 500 Baht labour cost.

While on i will mention one of the Main Dealers here in Chiang Mai, Wife had a Motorcycle scratch the nearside doors, 6 weeks to get the car in for repairing, 3 weeks to repair !! what realisticaly would be a 2 day repair and when we collected the car it was covered in White overspray (Car is RED ) They did not give a dam, I spent 4 hours with 3 members of the staff trying to remove the overspray followed by a visit back to the garage the following day for another 5 hours and 4 staff trying to remove the remainder of the overspray, it was Saturday when i initially collected the car after the repair and could not find the Service Manager or in fact anyone who was interested in looking at the problem, i did manage to extract one employee in the Service Department away from playing games on his computer to have a look at the mess all over the car, but really a waste of my breath as he was not interested either.

Not surprised at all with the Overspray being ALL OVER the car as it was in a Large bodyshop and Sraying was going on continuously in a building with no doors closed and the wind blowing through

They also carried out a Service for 5000.Baht, total waste of money as it really only covered an Oil and Filter change, they did not even fill the Service Booklet in. A noise on the rear brake was not covered by Warranty they said so we were charged for that.

The car to me is a very good buy but as far as the Main Dealer '' Service'' goes we will never visit that Dealer again,any problems we will use a small local garage, and when the time comes to replace the car we will have to think seriously if we buy Nissan again having experienced the Main Dealers performance which left NO ''Faith'' in their capabilities or Customer Care.

Almera will lose 25% of its value the minute you leave the dealer. Check Talodrod for resale. Honda and Toyota are best bang for the buck.

I agree but it's still the same or less then losing 20% of a jazz or city. They all lose ford and suzuki might be the worst losers.

I bought an Almera before the had airbags for both front seats on my model and it my model apparently now has a reversing aid as a natter of course (at a price). Really happy with it, never paid more than THB1200 for a service, been all over Thailand with it and only have problems when Mercedes owning Thais try to bully me (don't work with me). I do 100 Km a day, country roads, main road, town traffic. Perfectly adequate. I will be selling just before 100 000Km and buying another one for sure.

As mentioned above, the quality of service at your dealership is important, and this is what I was looking at when I was visiting dealerships: they are always happy to sell you a car but afterwards... my Nissan dealership is OK. Now that they know me.

Almera will lose 25% of its value the minute you leave the dealer. Check Talodrod for resale. Honda and Toyota are best bang for the buck.

I agree but it's still the same or less then losing 20% of a jazz or city. They all lose ford and suzuki might be the worst losers.

Suzuki is no worse than the others. Check the online car tent prices. I would say the yaris would have the best resale, simply because it's a toyota. Thais love them. I have a suzuki swift and would not trade for any of those other eco cars. I didn't need the boot space. Look at the engine specs too. I like the swift because 1) engine, 2) looks, 3) interior quality. My main gripe extends to all eco cars, in that the body panels are a bit thin and dent more easily than on my honda civic. There is a new swift out which also has cruise control and a few other things. Having said all this, I would get a new mazda 2 / cx-3 diesel in a heartbeat.

Ford Fiesta appears to lose a lot in 2 years 50%..

The old Suzuki Swift was more expensive new, but still only lost 50% after 5 years... as for the Suzuki SJ-410 model loads here appear to have lost very little in 20 year maybe 10 -20 % much better than any Honda or Toyota..

I spent months test driving everything I could possibly afford in 2012 (except a Proton which I would never buy or want to be seen driving in), including all the models mentioned here and eventually settled for an imported Korean Hyundai Elantra Sport. Fantastic car, way better in pretty much every respect to similar priced Japanese models. But it was significantly more expensive too at around 1.1 million. Now Hyundai is importing them from Malaysia and the price has dropped to around 800,000+ - well worth checking out.

I spent months test driving everything I could possibly afford in 2012 (except a Proton which I would never buy or want to be seen driving in), including all the models mentioned here and eventually settled for an imported Korean Hyundai Elantra Sport. Fantastic car, way better in pretty much every respect to similar priced Japanese models. But it was significantly more expensive too at around 1.1 million. Now Hyundai is importing them from Malaysia and the price has dropped to around 800,000+ - well worth checking out.

Mitsubishi Attrage starts at 443,000 baht-nearly half the price whistling.gif

Looks like a boring car but safe

What you have to realise is it's a car designed for people who are not car enthusiasts. What car enthusiast would want to own a blandmobile when for a bit more money you can have something less bland....or not bland at all!

What you have to realise is it's a car designed for people who are not car enthusiasts. What car enthusiast would want to own a blandmobile when for a bit more money you can have something less bland....or not bland at all!

I love cars but non mentioned in this thread would i consider exciting. in los exciting cars are beyond my budget.

a very nice car,very roomy but under powered, wife rented one for a couple of weeks, while visiting in Khon Kaen.

She did not like it.

She is a very conservative driver, and we are very family oriented, when ever we go some place, we all go together. She drove to Nong Khai from KKC with a car full of family, and said the car was very slow.

We do have a pick up truck there now, but the wife does not like to drive it, she says it's too big for her,and I cant always got to Thailand with her, until I retire, so Next time we go to Thailand we will buy a car so that she does not need to rent,

we are leaning towards the Honda Mobilio

a very nice car,very roomy but under powered, wife rented one for a couple of weeks, while visiting in Khon Kaen.

She did not like it.

She is a very conservative driver, and we are very family oriented, when ever we go some place, we all go together. She drove to Nong Khai from KKC with a car full of family, and said the car was very slow.

We do have a pick up truck there now, but the wife does not like to drive it, she says it's too big for her,and I cant always got to Thailand with her, until I retire, so Next time we go to Thailand we will buy a car so that she does not need to rent,

we are leaning towards the Honda Mobilio

"Car was very slow"-it has a pedal located under the right foot some folks call it the accelerator push it further to the floor and your speed should increase....but then again being a "slow" car has its advantages............the wife and family arrived safely thumbsup.gif seriously though a 1200 cc car of this size is underpowered when fully laden and you should have taken this into consideration when renting,the Almera for the money is a good buy but as I have posted earlier the Mitsubishi Attrage gives you more for your money in the Eco cars range smile.png

Name one car that for a "bit" more money is not bland at all!!!

Name one car that for a "bit" more money is not bland at all!!!

I enjoy a nice car as much as the next person. However, with the conditions of the roads and the various driving/traffic issues/challenges, while in Thailand I prefer a more utilitarian, low cost, economical, conservative automobile - hence my purchase of an Almera.

I will save the fancier, sportier vehicle purchases for when I am once again navigating the impressive roadways of the western U.S.

New 'ES' = 523,000........ or a 2014 2nd hand 7,000 KM 320,000 ?

New Top of the Range 'VL' 599,000.......... or 2nd hand 2014 + under 6,000 KM 399,000 ?

there again for 525,000 you can get a 2nd hand 'new' model 2014 Honda City 'V', a few months before Brand New cost 645,000..

as for the Ford Fiesta the 1.6 Sport saloon appears to have dropped over 200,000 in less than a year. even the 1.5 5 door hatch lower model Trend has dropped 200,000 in less than a year. more or less any Tent or private sale classified, show these prices

After all a month or so after you buy a brand new car you get the white plates no one has any idea how old it is..

Times have changed, a couple of years ago a near new cost almost the same as brand new, now-a-day big price drop in the 1st couple of years

New 'ES' = 523,000........ or a 2014 2nd hand 7,000 KM 320,000 ?

New Top of the Range 'VL' 599,000.......... or 2nd hand 2014 + under 6,000 KM 399,000 ?

there again for 525,000 you can get a 2nd hand 'new' model 2014 Honda City 'V', a few months before Brand New cost 645,000..

as for the Ford Fiesta the 1.6 Sport saloon appears to have dropped over 200,000 in less than a year. even the 1.5 5 door hatch lower model Trend has dropped 200,000 in less than a year. more or less any Tent or private sale classified, show these prices

After all a month or so after you buy a brand new car you get the white plates no one has any idea how old it is..

Times have changed, a couple of years ago a near new cost almost the same as brand new, now-a-day big price drop in the 1st couple of years

Ive looked at some second hand ones although i havent seen " 2014 2nd hand 7,000 KM 320,000 ?" which is a good price.

• 1 year later...

thumbsup.gif I've bought a Nissan Almera June 2015. The Sportech Model with all Options: Navigation, Start/Stop Automatic switchable, LED Daylight, Magnesium Wheels, Back- sensors and Camera, Keyless entry, automatic AC, DVD-CD,CVT Transmission, etc. I paid THB 628000 cash and get free tinted Windows, Pearl white color(optin. cost THB10000) and 1 Year 1. Class Insurance.

Conclusion after driving now 25000Km:

- Amazingly comfortable. I drive 2 Times/Month from Phitsanulok to Hua Hin and back. Average speed on Highway 130Km/h by 2500rpm. Consumtion E20 5,7 L/100 Km. City 5,9/Countryroad 4,5

- The CVT-Gearbox is not as lame as feared. Need some Learning- Progress of the Driver and about 5000 Km to blow thru the Engine. The Engine runs very quietly and cultivated.

- Maintenance Service Cost: Small THB 1000/ Big THB 2000.

- A lot of Interior- Space same as a upper Middleclass Car. Legroom on Backseats very spacius. Huge Trunk

- The only Things I fitted extra, is a Frontseat Middle Console with Box and a DVR Dashboard Camcorder.

I've Compared this Car with Toyota Yaris, Toyota Vios and all the other in this Price class. I know: For the Money I can't get more. The Almera is a Family- Car, isn't a Eyecatcher, but what else............

Pros:

+ Comfortable, quiet and cultivated

+ Long Distance Car

+ E20 Petrol

+ Huge Trunk

Cons:

- Not as Consumption- Friendly Nissan promised

- Short Maintenance Interval 10000Km

I will buy this Car again, have never regretted this purchase.

For OP

just few day ago look in Lamphun Big C

Nissan Almera start from 437k

And downpayment from 10%

Ps

But in this is class car in Thai market in my opinion honda city good choice.

MT 559k

AT 589

thumbsup.gif I've bought a Nissan Almera June 2015. The Sportech Model with all Options: Navigation, Start/Stop Automatic switchable, LED Daylight, Magnesium Wheels, Back- sensors and Camera, Keyless entry, automatic AC, DVD-CD,CVT Transmission, etc. I paid THB 628000 cash and get free tinted Windows, Pearl white color(optin. cost THB10000) and 1 Year 1. Class Insurance.

Conclusion after driving now 25000Km:

- Amazingly comfortable. I drive 2 Times/Month from Phitsanulok to Hua Hin and back. Average speed on Highway 130Km/h by 2500rpm. Consumtion E20 5,7 L/100 Km. City 5,9/Countryroad 4,5

-

Averge speed 130kmh?

Its what its be TOP speed?

When I drive in top 170 averge its be 100-110.

Archived