Thai PM: CIA’s interrogations in Thailand, an internal USA matter

Lite Beer

Thai PM: CIA’s interrogations in Thailand, an internal USA matter

BANGKOK, 13 December 2014 (NNT) – The Prime Minister of Thailand has commented on the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s report on a rumored CIA detention complex in Thailand, saying its an internal matter for the US and is unrelated to the Thai government.

The Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha was addressing the public regarding the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s report on the Central Intelligence Agency's (CIA) country interrogation site list, that includes Thailand as the location of a CIA detention center involving torturing activities. The Prime Minister was speaking after returning from the ASEAN - Republic of South Korea summit in Busan, South Korea.

He said that he has been informed about the issue and has ordered the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to clarify with the public that this has nothing to do with Thai authorities as it is an internal matter of the United States.

The Prime Minister also asked all sides not to demand involvement from Thailand as the current situation in the country is peaceful.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-13 footer_n.gif

Yeap, when it comes to foreign country operations in another country I expect it comes down to being able to use a embassy/consulate/mission status loophole in international law and the host country basically goes into the Three Monkeys state of mind.

post-55970-0-62770300-1418524102_thumb.j

Didn't take long for all the usual haters to make this about Prayuth.

Well yes. Why doesn't he at last fess up instead off ordering first denials and then a half arsed admission? This man is Mr Super transparency right? Pff!

Because, at the end of the day, NO ONE CARES, and this issue has little to nothing to do with the actual, pressing, issues of the country.

It is, indeed, an internal US problem, one that doesn't concern Thailand.

• Like 1

One should have thought that the current government would have jumped at the conclusions as far as the US report is concerned. Since it covers for Thailand the period from 2002 to 2006 one could lay the blame for all the bad things that happened at the appropriate door (getting my drift) without having to declare mea culpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa.

Thailand is Pathetic

Yet, aren't you in Thailand, while writing this? Quite ironic, in a pathetic sorta way, if that were the case. Ditto for everyone else that is so free with their condemnation of how terrible Thailand is. Oh, if only the hookers weren't so cheap, you guys might actually leave (or not come back all the time).

So, remind me again - what is it that's pathetic?

• Like 2

I think the majority of people in Thailand know very little of what is actually happening in their country. Only the wealthy people who are stealing from everyone else know backwards the place is.

Reading the international press it seems that the populations in the European countries and in the US and Canada in similar positions. But what I have noticed is the fact that when it comes to Thailand expats are up in arms. Maybe we should take a closer look at the UK, US, Germany, Italy, Poland, Sweden etc before starting to throw stones.

I don't understand why some of you people are 'getting your nose out of joint' at what may or may not have happened to scumbags that would have slit your throat or blown your brains out given half a chance if they thought it would further their cause.

• Like 1