Fence construction costs?

davoz45

Hi all, I am trying to find out the cost of the standard block fence, about 5 blocks high pylons? Or whatever they are called, the sticking up bit about 8 blocks high about 3 meters apart. Rendered and painted. I know it could be ver varied but a good guesstimate would be appreciated. And I don't know the appropriate forum but it's in sisaket. could there be a price for 100 meters? I am not in the country but I will try and make calls.

You might reconsider the importance of steel. You can have a "clear view" of rice fields if rain water is not directed where you wish in combination of a fence with no steel. Or perhaps the OP already knows the price of steel and is looking for labor costs. The fence is not the fence my family had built, but rather a fence on a parcel where the house builder included the fence in his total contract price. The home buyer did not have to "worry" about sourcing any materials for that house, since the builder saved him of that trouble. The home buyer did not have to hire an architect since the house building contractor provided a design at no charge and no need for that pesky list of actual materials. No need for those pesky rain gutters or down spouts in Thailand. Beautiful house, nice guest house, but the guest house was near a wall and the wall fell one evening due to water from the guest house pushing against the base of the fence over the course of three years. The home building contractor will not take any real responsibility for this failure and did not seemed fazed by the news that no steel was used in the construction of the property fence.

post-20604-0-27182900-1418523774_thumb.j

post-20604-0-27344700-1418523793_thumb.j

post-20604-0-61359400-1418523819_thumb.j

post-20604-0-68451000-1418523846_thumb.j

post-20604-0-39461100-1418523926_thumb.j

Blocks run 7 to 8 baht a piece. The Cpac post about 900 a piece. Calculate for the area then triple the price for footings and labor. Use rebar (steel in the block) every third row or it will fail again.

Edited by Martyjustice
  • Like 1

Five block High, would be about 1 meter high.

this is the front of my fence which is 5 block high

post-60134-0-37592600-1418562640_thumb.j

This is how it looked finished

post-60134-0-60718300-1418562721_thumb.j

The other three sides were 2 meters high. One meter deep footings ware dug, with 1mx1m pads, then a horizontal base beam was poured to support the fence, and vertical columns for strength.

all with the necessary rebar of course.

Two years ago the labot in Khon Kaen was about 500 bht per linear Meter, when it was all said and done, all material and two 4 m role out gates

post-60134-0-81367000-1418563559_thumb.j

cost a little less than 1500 bht per Linear Meter

• Like 1

Wow Fantastic repliers. Thanks for the insight. Especially evidences of what can go wrong, I was hoping to enclose 1 rai but it think the budget will just be the front fence for now. I was thinking about the stainless on the top but I rather not have it, just keep it low at the front and fortify that back later. I might go for a bougainvillea /bamboo/ wire combo down the side and back. that will do for a few years.

Edited by davoz45
  • Like 1