Vietnam - visa on arrival

torrow

It really isn't that complicated. I used myvietnamvisa.com and had my letter within 2-3 days. (They aggregate applicants in the letter so it will be your name plus several other potential travelers.)

Be prepared to show the letter to your airline when checking in.....oh, and you can pay for the visa when you get there in either US dollars or Vietnamese dong.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It really isn't that complicated. I used myvietnamvisa.com and had my letter within 2-3 days. (They aggregate applicants in the letter so it will be your name plus several other potential travelers.)

Be prepared to show the letter to your airline when checking in.....oh, and you can pay for the visa when you get there in either US dollars or Vietnamese dong.

Same.

Also be aware that when you land in HCMC that you have to take the letter to a desk and wait in line with a hundred or more other folks for them to process the letter...not the most organized system around...took me almost an hour to get the final visa done.

If you GOOGLE "Vietnam Visa", you will get more than 20 pages of hits. The further you go back from the first 2 or 3 pages, the cheaper the Letter of Invitation is. Opening page will have prices in the $20's but as you go back, down to as low as $11 which is what I paid last year, transaction completed in 2 days.

If you are able - get a visa from the embassy prior to going - then you just go thru immigration.

the letters just allow you onto the aitline and then its a scrum to get the visa (on arrival).

I've done it both it both ways a few times - the only downside to the visa from the embassy is that they need your passport.

(I'm in Aus so I send it to Sydney - comes back in less than a week with the visa stuck in)

Edited by Sporting Dog