Sydney siege: Gunman takes hostages in Lindt cafe

webfact

A Sydney mother and a man who desperately attempted to wrestle the shotgun out of gunman Man Haron Monis' hands have been identified as the two hostages killed during this morning's tragic Martin Place siege.

The pair, along with Monis, are dead after heavily-armed police with riot shields and assault weapons stormed the Lindt cafe at the centre of a day-long siege at Martin Place in the early hours of the morning.

Barrister Katrina Dawson, 38, died of a heart attack on the way to hospital after police stormed the cafe about 2am.

The cafe's manager, 34-year-old Tori Johnson, reportedly died of a gunshot wound after attempting to wrestle the sawn-off shotgun from the gunman's hands after he began to doze off.

People pointing fingers at how perps were being tortured by the CIA. It's funny, I don't see the same fluffers on the street demonstrating against the killing of "innocent" people by these same perps.

And, where's the Muslim community in all these incidents? Why are they not looking at their own community to weed these nutters out. THEY LOSE TOO.

I have no problem with immigrants trying to start a new life in the lucky country.

I have big issues with bludgers milking the system and trying to introduce their own crazy religions.

I'm for it too. I live in probably the most multicultural city in the world, Toronto.

I just don't really know what gets them off:

Unlucky or unable to assimilate in their new home.

Brainwashed.

Jealousy.

Just come here, live and respect your new home.

• Like 1

And, where's the Muslim community in all these incidents? Why are they not looking at their own community to weed these nutters out. THEY LOSE TOO.

"More than 40 Australian Muslim groups condemn Sydney siege
Muslim organizations say they reject any attempt to take innocent lives; #illridewithyou hashtag, in support of Australian Muslims, goes viral."
I saw an interview with one guy from one of these groups who runs a program to deradicalize young Muslims. Can't recall his name.
It is easier said than done, since they become radicalized in the first place for complex different reasons.
  • Like 1

Tony Abbott is 'very concerned'. He is also fearing and warning against the 'backlash'. Muslim Leaders in Australia voiced 'condemnation'. Many International Leaders offered their 'thoughts and sympathy'. People of all Western countries do not need 'concern, condemnation, thoughts or sympathy'. What they need is a HUGE BACKLASH and abandoning of the LIBERALISM, TOLERANCE and MULTICULTURALISM towards Islam. Before it is too late. With all due respect - Islam is no joke. Stop playing with it. This is not the time for 'I told you so'. This is not the time for 'this is just the flowers - wait till you see the fruit!'. But we all are yet to see worse things. Not just Australia.

Yeah, it's no longer going to be confined to the usual places that these terrorists would target as it can happen anywhere at anytime, sadly enough.

I doubt you'll find them in Mt isa or Marble Bar ,

• Like 1

"More than 40 Australian Muslim groups condemn Sydney siege
Muslim organizations say they reject any attempt to take innocent lives; #illridewithyou hashtag, in support of Australian Muslims, goes viral."
I saw an interview with one guy from one of these groups who runs a program to deradicalize young Muslims. Can't recall his name.
It is easier said than done, since they become radicalized in the first place for complex different reasons.

Well, I'm glad you pointed that out - good start.

I hear ya, no different than any brainwashed individual that joins any groups/gangs/organizations.

I just hope that people in the know, just don't turn a blind eye and say "I don't want to get involved" And, this is for everyone.

On the flip side: Imagine an innocent citizen/business owner or whatever of muslim faith on their treatment? I'm sure they cringe of incidents like this due to the potential backlash. This is why I said "They lose too"

Edited by Friendly Stranger

Precisely..you have all jumped the gun on your Muslim bashing.

He was a nut job with a personal axe to grind ... just as I said.

BS!

Give it a rest with your apologist guesswork.

It's obvious he was a pro-ISIS muslim terrorist. His nationality is irrelevant.

The NSW police commissioner called him "unstable"

His lawyer called him "damaged goods"

His solicitor said he was "mad as a cut snake."

• Like 2

BS!

The scary bit is that there are 10s of thousands of them out there.

You might want to multiply your estimate a hundred fold Canman.

There are 10's of Thousands in Iraq alone.

BS!

I am sorry for as you say Muslim bashing. But it seems to me to many Muslims are unstable in Western Countries. That is why they do not belong in Western Countries. If I am unstable do I have right to get into head to straighten it out?

BS!

The courts and police have a lot to answer for . A radical crazy guy with a record out on bail? Australia has the highest number of muslim radicals per head of population to go to fight in middle east,for a non islamic country, at least 70! How many more in Australian cities? http://smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/at-least-70-australians-fighting-with-terror-groups-in-iraq-and-syria-julie-bishop-20141027-11che8.html Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 2

My sincere condolences to the Families of the dead. My thoughts and sentiments are with you today and many millions around the world will be feeling similarly.

If only this hideous and tragic event were the last nail in the coffin of nonsensical 'Big Religion'...