Pet ID Tags - Where to Find?

realthaideal

I've got some new cats and want to fit them with collars with little ID tags/charms so that should they ever wander, that they can be returned easily - like with name and phone number.

Does anyone know of a place making these or any kind of little engraved charms around town?

Any other suggestions.

If you are not opposed to ordering them by mail just google "pet id tags" and you will find a supplier.

I'm told that in the USA they are now made by machine on demand at most Wal-Marts. I have no idea if this is true. If you have a friend there maybe they can do it for you and send them over.

Pet tags in Thai would be better for us because there are only a few farangs in our Nong Hoi neighbourhood.

Could anyone tell where in Chiang Mai they are available?

Even if, as mentioned, they only last 6 months or so. we would rather have them in Thai.

Thanks for any information.

Thanks guys. I've ordered from a friend in the US to send via mail to me. Seems like the best option.

B&C, you have a point, but I'm fine with English as there are enough Thais that can manage a name and phone #, even if scared to talk. They'll be pleasantly surprised to find that I'm fluent in Thai if they ever call anyway. Either way, something to id your animals is better than nothing. Let's hope the tags never get called into action.

You can't get breakaway cat collars here, so I order breakaway cat collars from the U.S. with my Thai mobile number embroidered onto the collar. I figured the first time I ordered a collar they might question why the number started with 080 etc but they didn't. No need to have my name or the cat's name on the collar I figured.

The only problem is that the collar is designed for big, fat American cats and I have to pull up the collar and hide some of the phone number for it to fit our little 3/4 size Thai kitty. Cat's never gone missing, but I hope someone would take the time to look at the number and call if he did get out.

^ 'breakaway cat collars' are important as a safety feature; so much underbrush and fencing to snag a pet.

My cat never returned home one day; she always did, bearing her latest trophy to show/share. I have since regretted placing a collar on her, as even the plastic snap such as one finds on back packs possibly failed to open under stress.