My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

My VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXX19945
Unfortunately, I am an Expat living in Thailand for the past 18 years. I have bought many cars and of course had my share of service issues between BMX, Toyota, Honda... and up to this Monday I was a very proud owner of Ford Ranger Wild-track 3.2L.
My truck is 11 months old, has 40,000 km on the millage. When I drove my truck on Monday, during my long trip of 480 KM, after about 200KM I got a warning light (little yellow light) and I slowed down, after a few minutes I pulled over and restarted the engine to see if I could reset the warning. The second I started to drive I got the same warning with 1 more additional warning, it was the engine light.
Lucky for me I was about 30 KM from the nearest ford and it was 730am and Ford opens at 8am. I was welcomed well by the KanPhangPhet Ford dealer who took good care of me and constantly updated me. At first they thought it was a rubber exhaust or breathing tube that might has busted. After a few test rides and talking to Ford Service Center in Bangkok they were afraid it was a MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM. They continued test until 12:00 and I had my driver pick me up from there and take me to where , I too need to get my work done.
This leads me to this post, being a global player like Ford I understand the quality importance and customer satisfaction and to see an American company over here treating customers like I am about to tell you, I think this is unacceptable!!
I was told the next day they are “guessing” that is the a part called Gear Top. However this part has not started production yet and not sure when they can get 1 to test for me to see if it solves my problems. I have been having my office, drivers and even Lawyer today to work with the Ford BKK call center.
Ford told me that the part would need up to a month, I said this is not acceptable, I need my truck and I can’t wait, if that’s the case, get me a replacement until you can give me my truck back. Of course all this is falling on empty ears. I was told the Ford school may have the part and they would try to get it to me.
Last Friday, the call center called us back, they said the fastest the part will arrive in Thailand is Feb 26… and no offer of car, basically telling me to go find a wall and cry on it as this is how it is going to happen.
This is unacceptable. As of today, still the same.... they can not get their act together. Why not take it off a new car not sold. Why treat a customer like this. Japanese have offered loaners when they have these issues and BMW gave me a red plate 8 years ago. I can not believe Ford does this. I need to get this out there.
I will get my friends in the papers to print this story next week.
I am frustrated. I called the service center today and told them to rebuild my broken Ford Ranger, i will go pick it up tomorrow so my friends can help me get some press coverage next week. I am writing this is seeking desperate help for anyone that has suggestions as well as a warning for potential buyers,... you wait 8-10 months for your truck and then use it for 11 months and have to park it for another 3 months.
This is not a threat, but it is a VERY VERY VERY VERY unsatisfied customer.
Sorry if this is not one of my better posts, I am still shaking in anger from the answer Ford call center gave me. Not to mention never replying to me directly either on phone or email. I also sent an email to ford in Thailand and they never replied. Called my driver to ask if it was the same case, and once he said yes, that was that. No one called or answered my email.
This really bothers me, please have a solution for your customers and look into the treatment of your customers over here please?
While you are at it, read some of the other Thailand comments, this is 2013 and 14. You will really hurt your image. Please do something.

post-228631-0-89265900-1418713611_thumb.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth are you driving at 140kph when the engine warning lights are indicating potential major engine problems?

If I were you I'd hope Ford don't see that pick as it gives them an easy out from having any further involvement in a warranty claim.

Understand now,

re your truck problem, I do remember some years ago, a female CRV owner who was very unhappy with the service she received so she called the media and hired a bunch of strapping guys to attack it with sledgehammers. She got a new car if I remember correctly. I know it's a last resort but hey, if it worked for her!

Did you get hold of the dealer manager? I would also consider reporting direct to Ford headquarters in the US... not that they could necessarily have influence over a dealership in a third world country, but perhaps they could fast-track the part over to you.

Thanks for the advice. I could not get anyone in Thailand to respond until i finally make contacted with @ford in USA via twitter, they then hooked up @Fordthailand who called once to tell me he would check and then that is where i got the date Feb 26.

I went back and told the states of the answer and they said its bad but i needed to handle with the local team here in Thailand.

Why on earth are you driving at 140kph when the engine warning lights are indicating potential major engine problems?

If I were you I'd hope Ford don't see that pick as it gives them an easy out from having any further involvement in a warranty claim.

^^ My sentiments exactly.

Pretty damned stupid to drive at that speed with two engine warning lights on. Did you actually ask yourself what those warning light were all about? Might be an idea to slow down too. Taking photos at 140 kph isn't very smart either.

Thanks for the heads up. Actually that was while Ford was testing trying to get the lights to stay off after reseting the error, so i sat in the back and snapped the shot for their record.

Understand now,

re your truck problem, I do remember some years ago, a female CRV owner who was very unhappy with the service she received so she called the media and hired a bunch of strapping guys to attack it with sledgehammers. She got a new car if I remember correctly. I know it's a last resort but hey, if it worked for her!

You have to be creative here. Get a big pile of bull manure and have the media film while you hurl cow pies at your Ranger

^^ My sentiments exactly.

Pretty damned stupid to drive at that speed with two engine warning lights on. Did you actually ask yourself what those warning light were all about? Might be an idea to slow down too. Taking photos at 140 kph isn't very smart either.

again, i was in the back. I am shocked you think i could drive at that speed and take a photo, anyways... i guess i was stupid to be in the back while their techs did this, and no i did not have the belt on as i was too interested in the lights coming on... lesson learned, thanks.

The dealer is full of it, to put it mildly... How can a part be defective on your truck if it hasn't even been manufactured yet? Have they read the code for the error on the truck? If not, that would be a good place to start... If they won't do it, any competent mechanic with a code-reader can get the diagnostics off the vehicle...

Edited by Loptr

Understand now,

yes, i do remember that case. i think around that time there were 2 or 3. I can't remember but 1 was smashed another was something else. I believe one car got bought back and one was replaced.

Yes, unfortunately, without going too extreme, need some media coverage. Will get the truck (broken) back and then decide where to expose.

Hopefully no one else has to deal with this. With so many rangers on the road, lets hope its a one off thing.

Thanks for the heads up. Actually that was while Ford was testing trying to get the lights to stay off after reseting the error, so i sat in the back and snapped the shot for their record.

Ok, cleared that up :-)

The dealer is full of it, to put it mildly... How can a part be defective on your truck if it hasn't even been manufactured yet? Have they read the code for the error on the truck? If not, that would be a good place to start... If they won't do it, any competent mechanic with a code-reader can get the diagnostics off the vehicle...

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this is what i was jumping up and down about.

They then went on to explain, this is not a normal part, its a part of the engine which is a gear top, not gear but the top of the gear with some mechanism that interacts with the gears.... and this is never suppose to break thus its not in spare part list.

They are concluding mine was defective in assembly.

Sound like you'd be better off getting an independent with and OBDII scanner to have a look. Either way get it out of that place asap.

Thanks, yes my gut was telling me the same thing, get it back broken or not and then see what's next.

they are delaying saying my truck is in many parts, i said i don't care i will be there tomorrow, should be interesting, ... more stall tactics

There was a report broadcast on the Channel 3 Thai TV news only an hour ago about some major problems with Ford Thailand and their new Ford Fiesta.

Many of vehicles have major gear problems, 30 new Ford Fiesta owners were detailed on the report. All were told to take their cars back to the dealers and have taken their vehicles in several times but have not cured the problem. All the owners allege that Ford Thailand told them that because they purchased the lower price range Fords, about 500000 baht, than what else should they expect and then simply just fobbed off?

So in future if I decide to replace my car in Thailand, I shall avoid a Ford.

There was a report broadcast on the Channel 3 Thai TV news only an hour ago about some major problems with Ford Thailand and their new Ford Fiesta.

Many of vehicles have major gear problems, 30 new Ford Fiesta owners were detailed on the report. All were told to take their cars back to the dealers and have taken their vehicles in several times but have not cured the problem. All the owners allege that Ford Thailand told them that because they purchased the lower price range Fords, about 500000 baht, than what else should they expect and then simply just fobbed off?

So in future if I decide to replace my car in Thailand, I shall avoid a Ford.

WOW - that is good to know, i mean its really bad, but support in numbers. ok,... i am getting some ideas. Thanks for sharing. I normally always catch things on channel 3. it was not on Lao Chao (SP?) this morning but thanks, i can get it from Line and perhaps work with them all.

this looks like the best method to surface yet. numbers can always pull more weight.

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this is what i was jumping up and down about.

They then went on to explain, this is not a normal part, its a part of the engine which is a gear top, not gear but the top of the gear with some mechanism that interacts with the gears.... and this is never suppose to break thus its not in spare part list.

They are concluding mine was defective in assembly.

I have to admit I have never heard of a "gear top" on a Ford, or on any vehicle for that matter... Perhaps the proper term was lost in translation...

Normally, when the check engine light comes on, the issue is related to the engine, not the transmission or differential i.e.; gears...

Find someone with a code reader and have them read the error codes off the vehicle... It will translate to a numeric code which you can lookup on the internet to get the real answer... Me tinks there is some face saving going on at the stealership...

Edited by Loptr

It's under guarantee (2 years on engine?), drive it till it breaks.

What the garage will do is disconnect the warning lights (or take the warning bulbs out).

Easy fix.

2 years or 100,000km. Yes, this is why i was going to pick it up, ... i told Ford that i will drive it till it dies on me. They could not say no, just said it would be a bigger issue.

ok, electric tape over the lights so i do not look at them and keep on trucken... lets hope that it does not decide to die on me on the Mae Sot mountain as most of that road has no cell coverage.

Wish me luck.

Fords have always been bad in terms of reliability and strength , but with Thailands I'm alright Jack attitude you'd have to be mad to buy one here.

realize that now, ... and here i thought this was the New Ford. Well, the rest of you out there, and the ones that have waited a year and still no wildtack 3.2 .... time to think again. my lesson learned.