My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a shame that you had to go all through this , ( and it is not just you , I would suggest there are more Thais than Farangs having problems )

Maybe Ford will buck there ideas up from now on.

Go through what now?

It looks like it took Ford Thailand a little more than 48 hours to decide that a new transmission was needed, locate such a replacement unit, send it to the dealership in Bahn Nork for them to replace and hand the truck back to the owner. I seriously doubt that Ford can deliver that sort of customer care in their motherland.

Stress monkeys the lot of you. Try learning the bloody language instead of corralling the usual suspects here on TV which only serves to raise blood pressure collectively.

' It looks like it took Ford Thailand a little more than 48 hours to decide that a new transmission was needed, '

Try understanding the eventual reason as why the new transmission was decided.

If nothing was done or if no pressure was applied Ford thailand would be happy to see the truck sit in the service centre until february.

Things got done because the issue and time frame for repair were not acceptable, as such an escalation to higher authority was justified as required ....

How about you read the history before blowing your trumpet next time .... coffee1.gif

Bit of a stretch to call anything that was sorted in 48-hours as having a 'history'. This? All sorted before the weekend so what's the big deal?

The OP shit his pants and got on TV for moral support with many half-hoping he would need a lawyer and could bang on for many more pages about Fords legendary crap service here. Someone even suggested that this could equal spoonman's legendary engine disaster and Fords epically shit service. Now THAT was and still is a disgrace.

However, it was a TV member THAT SPOKE THE LANGUAGE that offered to go and check the situation and it had already been taken care of. End of.

Anyway, my blood pressure is OK. How's yours?

Good to see the OP got his problem solved quickly, whatever the impetus for a timely repair was.

48 hours from the point of failure to resolution of the problem by changing a gearbox is pretty good by any standards. Especially if you consider that the replacement gearbox wouldn't be just sitting on the shelf ready for such an occurrence, at any and every rural Ford dealership.

The manager there speaks English fluently and manages the Sukhothai branch also. I've found him to be a diligent and helpful fella. Probably, he was at Sukhothai that first day.

I'll mention gearboxes in January when my trucks being serviced.

Jerry

If the OP hadn't have kicked up a stink , he would have had to wait till the back end of February before it got fixed.

Read all the posts from the beginning.

The only stink being kicked up is by those suggesting getting lawyers and transporters and the consumer protection board and going on national television.

The whole thread chronology sucks. The OP posted on Tuesday 16th and refers to the breakdown on 'Monday' so we can assume the breakdown happened on Monday 15th? Possibly it was the week before but the OP is bereft of fact and full of panic.

On Wednesday 17th, the OP is commenting on emails and twitters from Ford USA being received '5 days' and the '7 days' after the event. Really?

Then at 4PM on 17th, he gets this out of the blue phone call from Ford Thailand GM of Customer Service promising a fast resolution.

About a day and a half later, he gets his truck back with a new transmission.

So, giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and that the transmission actually blew out a week earlier on Monday 8th, Ford managed to locate a transmission for model that has legendary limited availability in Thailand, ie. the transmission isn't assembled here. They ship it to the boonies, have it fitted and tested at no cost to the OP as it was covered under warranty. Let's say it was 12 days start-to-finish. Not too bad for a third-world country where it is common knowledge that they hate us and try to screw us at every turn (just threw that in for those that subscribe to that reasoning).

Now, what do YOU get from reading "all the posts from the beginning"? Don't bother, I'm not interested.

Edited by NanLaew

If the OP hadn't have kicked up a stink , he would have had to wait till the back end of February before it got fixed.

The only stink being kicked up is by those suggesting getting lawyers and transporters and the consumer protection board and going on national television.

The whole thread chronology sucks. The OP posted on Tuesday 16th and refers to the breakdown on 'Monday' so we can assume the breakdown happened on Monday 15th? Possibly it was the week before but the OP is bereft of fact and full of panic.

On Wednesday 17th, the OP is commenting on emails and twitters from Ford USA being received '5 days' and the '7 days' after the event. Really?

Then at 4PM on 17th, he gets this out of the blue phone call from Ford Thailand GM of Customer Service promising a fast resolution.

So, giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and that the transmission actually blew out a week earlier on Monday 8th, Ford managed to locate a transmission for model that has legendary limited availability in Thailand, ie. the transmission isn't assembled here. They ship it to the boonies, have it fitted and tested at no cost to the OP as it was covered under warranty. Let's say it was 12 days start-to-finish. Not too bad for a third-world country where it is common knowledge that they hate us and try to screw us at every turn (just threw that in for those that subscribe to that reasoning).

Now, what do YOU get from reading "all the posts from the beginning"? Don't bother, I'm not interested.

are you sure your blood pressure is ok ... ? don't sound like it ......cheesy.gif

are you sure your blood pressure is ok ... ? don't sound like it ......cheesy.gif

Broke down Dec 8 7:30am -

It was after about a week i started getting desperate.

Without the US involvement and connect with the Regional director, the only answer i got was Feb 26 for part and expect first week of March complete.

Points to note:

1/ Never ever drive a unrepaired car off the lot if it has a warranty issue of significance. Use a tilt tray truck to move it.

2/ If you do drive it off the lot you can guarantee the dealership will be videoing you!

It's been 24 years since I have had a problem with a Ford....I sold my last one in 1990!

I've researched both the Ford and Mazda extensively in preparation for our Isuzu Dmax's retirement. I've read that its recommended to drive with them in in sport mode when towing or when heavily laden. This I imagine would keep the revs higher, increasing coolant and oil flow thus increasing the efficiency of the transmission oil cooler.

As transam points out, heat is indeed the killer of auto transmissions.

.....and you are still considering buying one? First it was spoonman with the flooded engine, then the poor guy with his 5th cylinder seizing now the the latest guy with tranny = something sour of a yellow persona. nice looking however.

Edited by bkkjames

I bought my Wildtrack from Ford in Sukhothai 4 years ago and have only had wonderful service and attention from the staff there. I think your problem is a very unusual one. When I upgrade later this year I will be doing so with Ford again.

Why on earth are you driving at 140kph when the engine warning lights are indicating potential major engine problems?

If I were you I'd hope Ford don't see that pick as it gives them an easy out from having any further involvement in a warranty claim.

Why on earth were you driving at 140 kph FULL STOP?

The problem in Thailand is once the car has been in pieces stacked in blue crates it never goes back the same. I had it with Toyota Chonburi. Repeated issues after so had to sell it. They don't seem to have the same dealer care and professional staff in Thailand. More back street chop shop treatment. Despite being a main dealer. Anyway good luck. And get trading it in for another vehicle.

Why on earth are you driving at 140kph when the engine warning lights are indicating potential major engine problems?

If I were you I'd hope Ford don't see that pick as it gives them an easy out from having any further involvement in a warranty claim.

where does the OP say he was driving at 140 kph?

I saw the OP ask for help.

There were lots of postings of help, guys experienced in cars, and Ford things but there were so many no hoper postings that we are way out to 7 pages.

What motivates these odd bods to write such <deleted> when the guy is asking for help, providing feedback and a lot of what he got was rubbish.

I hate to make a comment but maybe some more supervision would have reduced the comments by these jerks.

Regards

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I was about to order my Ranger but I think I'll stick with my 9 yr old Toyota truck never had a problem!

+1

My 11 year old Toyota with over 450,000 Kms gives me no headaches. I loved the look of the Ford truck and that was my first choice for replacing my Toyota. Toyota where I live gives excellent service to both my new car and my old truck.

Ford

Forget that now!

To the op thanks for posting your experiences here to help all of us. Hope you resolve your problem soon

Edited by maprao

I had the unfortunate experience a few years ago of buying A Mazda B4000 4WD.

As I found out later it was a Ford and the biggest piece of crap I ever owned. Don't get me wrong...tons of go but constant issues.

Alternator died, starter motor died....recall for "strut replacement" although I later found out the wheels would literally fall off on this particular vehicle.

A whole heap of error lights...codes the techs looked and reset..on and on.

Gearbox shifting problems..indicator/headlight problems...motor running rough.

They finally nailed it.

Or I should say a proper mechanic...not an "automotive technician" found he problem.

Something really simple

A loose earth from the motor/frame. (There is more than one).

All problems solved. Drove it for another 100,000k but the fuel consumption was just too much (14l per 100k or about 6.5 k to the litre)

I now own a proper Mazda BT50 FWD ad have close to 100,000k trouble free motoring.

I had bad vibration problem in my 2004 Isuzu MU7 years ago. The local dealer would try various things to no avail. I started going to the Isuzu headquarters. They troed various thins to no avail. I complained and made and made a big fuss untill finally I got call by the Regional Manager wgo asked me to come to their headquarters to sort this out. In the meeting they had 6 various managers and PR staff. So they ended up tooking my car for month and replace every single rubber body mount and tue vibration was gone. I was given a loner vehicle at no charge as it was all still under warrantee.

Hey, your Ford can do 140 Km/hour with no loss of performance?

You checked the oil levels and coolant are all OK ?

The lights may indicate a service is required (time factor only)

I doubt there is anything wrong except for the sensors that have malfunctioned or the main computer has a little problem.

I doubt that a dealership in the boonys is capable of identifying the real reason for the engine light display.

They will just remove the display lights - problem "solved" !

Get the car to a technical expert in Bangkok so that the real cause can be identified.

I used to work for a Ford Main Dealer and have owed many Fords and still have one in the UK,but not here.

Good product but too many horror stories about poor customer service and warranty issues, I even inquired about Mr Spoonmans Ranger.

After researching I brought a boring but hopefully reliable Toyota Vigo and so far had excellent service,shame Ford can't get their act together in Thailand.

How many potential customers have been lost just reading about the problems on TV?.

Great looking truck,but I'm not taking a chance.

Glad the OP got it sorted,but not without calling in the Big Guns

I think this is an easy one You are going to half to file a civil law suite with Ford with regard to this. Sue for lost time the car is not in use and aggravation as well. Also report it to the consumer complaint division in Thailand

I can tell you about problem I had with a maker of a video screen. It was under warranty for 3 years. After a year and a half I had moved to another country and taken the screen with me. After a few months the pixels on some of the lines where not working. So I called their warranty department and they said I would have to pay 175 USD to fix it. I told them it was under warranty . They said that warranty is only good in the USA. I had moved to Canada. I read the warranty over and no where in it did is say only good in the USA.

So I sent there PR company an email and said the following. In one week I will be holding an even ( at the stated address) I will invite all the media to come and stated that although not all the media will come I am sure some will show up. Upon their arrival I will proceed to douche my screen with Lighter fluid outside and light the screen so they can see I am burning the screen.

I further stated in the email that the media at the burning will ask me why I set fire to my screen. I will proceed to tell them that that is all the screen is good for is burning it since the company that made it will not back up their warranties .

Guess what Their media people called me up and made arrangements for the screen to be fixed at no charge.

Now I do not expect you to light your Ford on fire (maybe you feel that way) what I am saying is that all companies have an Achilles heal . You just half to look for it .

Hope this gives you a perspective on it Look for Fords Achilles Heal