My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

Why don't you go to a Mazda dealer, its the same vehicle

Let me finish that sentence for you:

....just with a botched exterior design. The 2015 Ranger minor change kicks even more sand in the poor BT-50's face:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they made a 2 door Wildtrack I'd order one today!

They said they don't sell them here because it's too expensive for the Thai people...???

That's weird??? I would've thought a cab with 2 doors less would be less to manufacture?

Only single cab sold here is the 2.5 petrol low rider model.

They do sell the Wildtrak in the open cab version though, but not with the 3.2 engine.

post-186594-0-58266900-1419731266_thumb.

....just with a botched exterior design. The 2015 Ranger minor change kicks even more sand in the poor BT-50's face:

How dare you? Mazda's styling is elegant and sophisticated. It's the Maserati of pickup trucks.

How dare you? Mazda's styling is elegant and sophisticated. It's the Maserati of pickup trucks.

You need to go to Top Charoen mate!

The "Coyote Ugly" of pickups

Exactly Don.... Bugger sad.png

Does Ford actually make a single cab wildtrak ?

I thought the rest of the world only got doublecabs, Thailand gets the double cab and open cab.

Apparently in South Africa they do.

And the saleswoman that dealt with us said they sell them in the US, though I haven't been able to confirm this myself

I thought the rest of the world only got doublecabs, Thailand gets the double cab and open cab.

And the saleswoman that dealt with us said they sell them in the US, though I haven't been able to confirm this myself

Ford South Africa website only lists the double cab.

The Ranger is not currently sold into the USA however I beleive it will be next year... again though none of the current markets lists a Single Cab Wildtrak so I doubt they will build one just for that market.

You need to go to Top Charoen mate!

The "Coyote Ugly" of pickups

the mazda does polarize opinion. I actually like it. It grows on you (me).

I find the chevy and new Mistsu .....

The Ranger is not currently sold into the USA however I beleive it will be next year... again though none of the current markets lists a Single Cab Wildtrak so I doubt they will build one just for that market.

I remember reading a trade article last month about how the Ranger had displaced the Hilux as the best selling pickup in SA now. Regarding the US market, Ford has stated the current Ranger is slightly too big to sell in the US because even though smaller than the F150, it somehow still is an issue, but they are looking at a smaller Ranger for that market.

Yeah that's why I wrote "apparently"... Didn't want to commit myself on someone else's word... You know what this site is like ;)

I just think it's mad and pointless buying a pickup with a crappy half size useable space in the back, half of which has been taken up by the bulbous 4 door cab!

If you want comfort and easy access, get an SUV! LoL

Guess it's gonna be a Vigo then... I do like the way my Fortuner drives at the end of the day.

555, good one! :D

Had to laugh while at the (Pass the buck) Ford dealers in Chiang Mai this morning, 4 engineers pushing a Ranger (3.2) from the car park into one of the service bays, I know it might have just run out of diesel, but after all the things that iv'e read lately I just found it amusing !

It's under guarantee (2 years on engine?), drive it till it breaks.

What the garage will do is disconnect the warning lights (or take the warning bulbs out).

Easy fix.

2 years or 100,000km. Yes, this is why i was going to pick it up, ... i told Ford that i will drive it till it dies on me. They could not say no, just said it would be a bigger issue.

ok, electric tape over the lights so i do not look at them and keep on trucken... lets hope that it does not decide to die on me on the Mae Sot mountain as most of that road has no cell coverage.

Wish me luck.

I had a similar case in germany decades ago. I bought a new car and after 5 month and about 7000km(still warranty) a metallic noise like a lack of oil appeared, but the oil lamp did'nt warned. Anyway I called my garage the told come over we will have a look and then we fix it.

I having several friends who are car mechanics, then I called 1 of them who was working already for years in a car dealer garage of the Brand.

He said I never heard of engine problems with model, but as you tell me sounds like is a lack of oil on the camshaft then 99% lack of oil in the cylinders too.

My friend said drive over in the garage try to blow the engine to avoid several repairings and probably never proper fixed, sounds like a monday assembling.

I drove over and did my best thumbsup.gif and about 100mtr. from the garage a big bang and the engine stopped I used the clutch I had enough speed to rolling slowly into the garage yard.

I was smiling to me, caused I knews what was happend hole in the block.

I was going to the master, I spoke before on the phone, he said we will have a look and then fix it.

On the next morning he called me and said unfortunately was the engine total broken.

Reason the oil filter was full of small metal part, but not caused of me this was the false of the factory, caused somebody forgot to blow the block out with airpressure before assembling.

Garage said we will fit a new engine in and after 5 working days I could pick up the car.

I made with second engine over 200,000 km in over 10 years never got any problems again, only changing regulary, oil, filters, and sparkling plugs and for sure tires.

This was one of the best cars I ever had Opel Ascona 1.8i.

It's under guarantee (2 years on engine?), drive it till it breaks.

What the garage will do is disconnect the warning lights (or take the warning bulbs out).

Easy fix.

2 years or 100,000km. Yes, this is why i was going to pick it up, ... i told Ford that i will drive it till it dies on me. They could not say no, just said it would be a bigger issue.

ok, electric tape over the lights so i do not look at them and keep on trucken... lets hope that it does not decide to die on me on the Mae Sot mountain as most of that road has no cell coverage.

Wish me luck.

I had a similar case in germany decades ago. I bought a new car and after 5 month and about 7000km(still warranty) a metallic noise like a lack of oil appeared, but the oil lamp did'nt warned. Anyway I called my garage the told come over we will have a look and then we fix it.

I having several friends who are car mechanics, then I called 1 of them who was working already for years in a car dealer garage of the Brand.

He said I never heard of engine problems with model, but as you tell me sounds like is a lack of oil on the camshaft then 99% lack of oil in the cylinders too.

My friend said drive over in the garage try to blow the engine to avoid several repairings and probably never proper fixed, sounds like a monday assembling.

I drove over and did my best thumbsup.gif and about 100mtr. from the garage a big bang and the engine stopped I used the clutch I had enough speed to rolling slowly into the garage yard.

I was smiling to me, caused I knews what was happend hole in the block.

I was going to the master, I spoke before on the phone, he said we will have a look and then fix it.

On the next morning he called me and said unfortunately was the engine total broken.

Reason the oil filter was full of small metal part, but not caused of me this was the false of the factory, caused somebody forgot to blow the block out with airpressure before assembling.

Garage said we will fit a new engine in and after 5 working days I could pick up the car.

I made with second engine over 200,000 km in over 10 years never got any problems again, only changing regulary, oil, filters, and sparkling plugs and for sure tires.

This was one of the best cars I ever had Opel Ascona 1.8i.

You had me at "try to blow the engine", then lost me at "Opel Ascona"

• 1 month later...

Hello EVERYONE, its me the OP

wow, over 11 pages now and article now popular status LOL ... lots of different articles connected.

Had to make sure I read all from start to finish.

i thought i owe it to everyone..... it is Feb 4th... Dec 26 to now, been driving EVERYDAY and ZERO ISSUES!!

It is running very smooth and no issues. It really rides better then it did. it used to jerk at times during gear change,... but now no. perhaps i have a wild imagination.

Anyway - - - wanted everyone to know i am still very happy!!

Anyone with ford issues, PM my, i am still checking and helping anyone i can.

Cheers!!

Edited by Maesotthailand

You know how when you've had work done on your car, they give you all the old crap they took off and replaced...

I virtually begged them to let me have the driveshaft because I reckon my mate's engineering workshop in Pattaya could figure out why this happened...

To me it just looks like poor production... A cast that wasn't at optimum temperature?

Probably a Friday afternoon job n knock!

I wouldn't be surprised if TVF has a Metallurgist that could put me right?

I'll never know anyway because they refused to let me have it.

Edited by Porkster

There was a report broadcast on the Channel 3 Thai TV news only an hour ago about some major problems with Ford Thailand and their new Ford Fiesta.

Many of vehicles have major gear problems, 30 new Ford Fiesta owners were detailed on the report. All were told to take their cars back to the dealers and have taken their vehicles in several times but have not cured the problem. All the owners allege that Ford Thailand told them that because they purchased the lower price range Fords, about 500000 baht, than what else should they expect and then simply just fobbed off?

So in future if I decide to replace my car in Thailand, I shall avoid a Ford.

Wonderful post from you, Beetle.

Did they mention anything about the Ford Focus?