Government wants lese majeste offenders to be sent home to face justice

Lite Beer

Speaking of rose what ever happened those Thais terrorizing her in the UK? The weird melted plastic looking high so girl and 'DJ Ken' (the guy that flashed a gun on camera while threatening her, and then went to spray paint a Thai flag on her house, turned out it was the wrong house, idiot)

I know he got arrested for that but did Rose press charges? Couple of absolute morons, the rest of the world aren't fanatical idiots like you and forcing your views on people.

Not sure what happened to the woman but that little maggot Ken got 200 hours of community service and a suspended sentence.

---

Now I think about it, did the woman do anything or did she just drive around looking for Rose without success? I seem to remember that nothing came of her attempted assault but I can't be sure about that.

200 hours community service for a hi so?

Am I alone in chuckling at this?

No.

I'm chuckling at your interpretation as to what constitutes "hi so". :lol::D

In adversity there is opportunity. If your Teerak now comes to visit you in Europe or the USA, and wishes to remain beyond the duration of his or her tourist visa, I suspect that a few well chosen comments and Twitter and FaceBook may open the door to an application for political asylum ... Just a thought

• Like 1

I think Prayuth has overlooked a minor obstacle in his wish to have lese majesty offenders sent home.

Most of the countries he is adressing, believe in old fashion freedom of speech!!

Freedom of speech has its limits though. Example: No yelling 'Fire' in a crowded public place or yelling 'Hijack' on an airplane. And most countries believe in the 'Rule of Law'. Most citizens of these countries do not get to pick and choose which laws they want to obey. Just food for thought.

I think Prayuth has overlooked a minor obstacle in his wish to have lese majesty offenders sent home.

Most of the countries he is adressing, believe in old fashion freedom of speech!!

Freedom of speech has its limits though. Example: No yelling 'Fire' in a crowded public place or yelling 'Hijack' on an airplane. And most countries believe in the 'Rule of Law'. Most citizens of these countries do not get to pick and choose which laws they want to obey. Just food for thought.

How old are you? 12?

• Like 1

How old are you? 12?

I am failing to see the compassion between crying wolf in public for no reason and saying you don't agree with a certain law that restricts freedom. It's not even a straw-man argument cheesy.gif

I can understand your line of thought. The examples you used however are logically thought out restrictions of free speech in order to protect the life and limb of others. Restrictions of opinion serve no such purpose, at least not in an immediate sense, and could be regarded as political in nature. In the case of LM it is particularly illogical when one observes the relaxed way in which the Europeans regard their monarchies to no detriment to the feelings that the European citizens have towards their sovereign's in fact one could say that there is an enhancement of feelings towards the monarchy due to these freedoms.

My local member called any suggestion Australians would even acknowledge the Thai PM s request as ""deluded "".

It's purely speculative - on his part that any civilised people would condone their draconian laws - let alone acknowledge him as PM with any right to Govern.

• Like 1

I bet in North Korea that they are reporting that the western world is shaking in its boots at their great leader Kim Jong-Un...

Problem is Thais Will Get to see the backlash of this spectacular own goal by the regime here. It won't be reported on television But the internet will be awash with news. A victory for freedom of thought and expression.

• Like 1

I bet in North Korea that they are reporting that the western world is shaking in its boots at their great leader Kim Jong-Un...

Problem is Thais Will Get to see the backlash of this spectacular own goal by the regime here. It won't be reported on television But the internet will be awash with news. A victory for freedom of thought and expression.

Yes the Thais will be deeply ashamed of the deceit

Idiotic statement purely for domestic consumption. Such fairytales could once be force fed to the lower classes as facts, nowadays as another thread highlights most Thais have iPhones and get their news from more reliable sources than Junta mouthpieces. The times they are a changing!

It might even be a threat ?

Having seen the ""other "" Military leader make Sony Back down - it could be an attempt to intimidate Western leaders ?

Though , the article did say they have agreed already?

Just not who?

Its very interesting and i somehow think he needs to be more honest with the world (if not Thais )

The Free Thai Organisation is an American example where Government there approves of its statements .

Australia has similar Government approval for Thai groups so one wonders who they refer to ""which western Governments?

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Barak Obama, speaking about the North Korean cyber attack on Sony, "we cannot allow a foreign dictator to apply censorship in America". So there we have it, good luck to the general in his quest.

check mate

They are suggesting getting the truth into North Korea to its people http://cnn.it/1wKgRYN

This is a good plan in Thailand too

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Planned anti Thai Government and LM laws - protests in Sydney and Government approval in form of permitting Town Hall use after application.

ABC broadcaster highly supportive

Twitter from several western nations all out to expose fabrication .

This seems to be back firing

It would seem Sydney Town Hall is popular with protesters of any kind. Last month we even had

"Thousands attended a 'Hands Off Our ABC' rally at Town Hall, Sydney on November 22, 2014."

• Like 1

Planned anti Thai Government and LM laws - protests in Sydney and Government approval in form of permitting Town Hall use after application.

It would seem Sydney Town Hall is popular with protesters of any kind. Last month we even had

"Thousands attended a 'Hands Off Our ABC' rally at Town Hall, Sydney on November 22, 2014."

Absolutely True -

You get approval its great!

Mass coverage thousands heart of Sydney - it goes global .

The ABC rally was about Australian Government cuts to The ABC TV …the TV media on all channels ran with it.

Print Media - Twitter - Facebook.

Gough Whitam's state funeral was fantastic there.

Yes i think its a marvellous venue for Freedom of speech and its Great To live in such a country-

The American Government have approved of ""Free Thai Movement "" run by Thais.

So again more freedom of expression .

I am sure the Germans - French - and British , as well as New zealand , Italy , Swiss , Norway , all have similar views on freedom of speech and appropriate places to conduct it.

Its what makes us Great !

Edited by Fred Flinstone
  • Like 1

You wont see that on Thai news, we are all happy happy here.

• Like 1

Yes the Thais will be deeply ashamed of the deceit

I doubt that,they are used to it,from the government and from their fellow Thais, everything has to be shown to be hunky dory on the outside even if they have two daughters working in the bar in Pattaya to pay for the new car which they can afford because the husband earns sooooo much money.

• Like 1

Absolutely True -

You get approval its great!

Mass coverage thousands heart of Sydney - it goes global .

The ABC rally was about Australian Government cuts to The ABC TV …the TV media on all channels ran with it.

Print Media - Twitter - Facebook.

Gough Whitam's state funeral was fantastic there.

Yes i think its a marvellous venue for Freedom of speech and its Great To live in such a country-

The American Government have approved of ""Free Thai Movement "" run by Thais.

So again more freedom of expression .

I am sure the Germans - French - and British , as well as New zealand , Italy , Swiss , Norway , all have similar views on freedom of speech and appropriate places to conduct it.

Its what makes us Great !

Apart from the VOA article from 2014-06-25 with

"Jarupong tells VOA that true victory to rid Thailand of its latest military government may take a long time but he will pursue it “through non-violent means just like Gandhi and the Dalai Lama.”"

http://www.voanews.com/content/free-thai-movement-leader-pledges-no-violence/1944413.html

I haven't heard or read much about the FT-HD. I certainly missed the American 'approval'. A quick search fails me. Any pointer on this, Fred ?