Can someone tell me where I can watch the jet ski scam going down?

Cheap Backpacker

I always heard about this and would just love to see it happen. I am in pattaya right now and if anyone knows exactly where I should go to watch it unfold please let me know.

I heard it is still going on? Would I see it happen if I sit at the beach for a full day?

If anyone knows where this happens the most and exactly where I should sit, possibly give a street number or something that will be great.

Thanks.

Go and join the rest of the Cheap Charlie thrill seekers opposite Mike Garden Plaza about 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

hey cheap backpacker buddy you better not hang with that crowd theres alot of dodgy thais and farangs alike hanging there becare of people with ulterior motives.

The thai guys with the neck tattoos and one with glasses are super sketchy ...... These places are best avoided your better of by yourself getting a massage or finding a cheap happy hour or 2 for one drinks in a gogo somewhere.

The jest ski scam really isnt that fun to watch and is usually done on the hush pretty boring if ya ask me.

• Like 1

Directly opposite to Mikes Shopping Mall there is a raised area where many people while away their time just to the right (away from Walking street) there are guys renting jet skis-observe but with discretion whistling.gif

Thanks, I'll give the area near Mikes shopping mall a try. Is any time of the day better than another time? Since they seem to have the jet skis fall apart during the ride maybe it is better to get there early as they only scam one person a day and then have to prep the jet skis again?

I hear so much about this scam and watched enough youtube videos about it to want to see it going down first hand.

I question how they sometimes can get large sums of money like 2000USD, there are limits on your ATM card, I just don't get how people can get that much cash.

Thanks, I'll give the area near Mikes shopping mall a try. Is any time of the day better than another time? Since they seem to have the jet skis fall apart during the ride maybe it is better to get there early as they only scam one person a day and then have to prep the jet skis again?

I hear so much about this scam and watched enough youtube videos about it to want to see it going down first hand.

I question how they sometimes can get large sums of money like 2000USD, there are limits on your ATM card, I just don't get how people can get that much cash.

I would STRONGLY advise you to take your video cam with you and when you see a jet ski scam in preparation, pay your beer, cross the street and start filming... this way you can be SURE that you will have the most fun and the most exciting hours (or maybe only minutes...) of your life... tongue.pngcheesy.gif

Especially when he gets a thumping... The jet ski guys along that stretch of Beach Rd have lookouts to try and stop anyone filming the take down... I've been hassled for just standing there watching the show...

Why not just do a you tube search it is all over the internet. Not really much fun to watch unless you enjoy watching people getting screwed & if you get to close your phone video camera & yo ass might get pounded in the mix. But if watching people get scheistered is your thing go towards Mike & do keep some distance or be prepared to defend yourself from 5 or 6 Thai guys that will tenderize your head for your consideration & attention to their business.

• Like 1

I have a hard time believing you will get hit for standing or sitting and just watching. Trust me i will have my guard up.

Live reports to follow. Im not leaving pattaya until i see it go down.

I heard a rumour that Steven Seagall sometimes likes to use "cheap backpacker" as his "name" when surfing the net. If so, welcome to Pattaya. How I would love to see those idiots get what they deserve. On a serious note (yes, what I just said was BS), people have been assaulted for getting too close to the scam and taking pictures or videos or asking questions or interfering..........be careful. The people who you might want to call after being assaulted are not going to help you because they are in on it. The people doing the scams are first-class idiots--mafia thugs.

So I think today was a slow day because of the cold weather. I observed a couple of guys that looked shady, I also noticed one guy seemed to select who to show the advertisement paper to. It looked like he was targeting Arab / Indian guys. Maybe what the other person said was correct that they want to target Indians/Arabs.

I saw what looked like a Russian guy rent a jet ski a little further away from a different group and he didn't have any problems. It also looked like the guys advertising for that were showing anybody who walked down the street the paper advertisement.

I think I may be on to something here, I'll need more time to see if the shady guys only target Arabs/Indians and wait until they bait one of them.

The cold weather today must have made nobody interested in renting.

• Like 1

OP if you've watched lots of videos on YouTube why the need to ask for more details here? All the location details will be on the video, in the video description or underneath in the comments. Are you just trolling us?

On the other hand, if this is genuine, we'll all look forward to you getting any video footage, the more made public the better, plus it's entertaining, but you need to be serious about taking care of yourself.

And when you're done, try getting some video of the cops on lower Sukhumvit.

-

Meanwhile, I wonder if Tourist Scam Tourism might be the last great bastion before the final nail goes in laugh.png

No trolling here, They don't tell you exactly where the locations are. Yes I can determine they are on the beach someplace in pattaya, but there are lots of these guys spread throughout the beach.

I figured some of you would know exactly the best spots to watch it from as I don't know if they are all scamming