Matichon: Dissolution of the Royal Thai Police

george

Start with paying them a livable wage - and supplying all their equipment rather than being forced to buy it, then crack down on corruption.

along with that, the fact that bribes are payed to move up the ranks down to the smallest local levels. To begin, if you don't have the cash for your pistol and entrance, you're not even in the game to start. Makes even the most undeveloped 3rd world police forces look rather professional. But this ain't about that I guess, rather attempt to remove key supporters and those with some influence to bring the chinese crook back into the picture.

• Like 1

As long as the junta and the military stay out of it...it sounds good.

Your being sarcastic right ???? Its the junta and military who are driving this........ anything to do with Thaksin is being purged/ absolved/ rendered non functional .

Although I don't doubt the RTP could use a good shake and clean up what does worry me here is this is so public and wholesale... the average policeman I think might feel denigrated by all of this and that is dangerous............

This could have been done softly and quietly over a few months.... a cut here, a trim there , a realignment here, a garden post for you and for him and for you well your on guard duty at the Cambodian border...........

Mixing metaphors but there is too much dirty washing being hung out to dry at the same time and this doesn't always work.......

On has to look at offshore reports and analysis for the rationale and ultimate agenda here ( no can't post a link here.. you know why)

Long term this is good as to many trumped up little guys were strutting around like RTP when in reality they were National park guards....

I hope internally they are spinning it such that as young police with career aspirations and ability see that this will enable a less cash exhausting move hop the ranks over time.. at least thats the theory..... the practice.. only time will tell

Aye ...... Only timewilltell

Sack those officers who buy their position, be it a high ranking or those juniors buying a position in order to recruit into the police academy. Unqualified officers will only weaken the police force, tarnish reputation as incompetent, unable to deliver duties for citizens.