Thailand a hub for drugs in Asean: Paiboon

webfact

Its clear by the behavior of many in Bangkok/Thailand they are on some substance, now it's official 2 out of a hundred. I have a Thai friend whose sixteen year old brother is taking hard drugs regularly and nobody does anything about it. The prisons in the country with foreigners who had an illegal substance on them at the airports, whereas in the country it's widespread at all levels with those who will never see a court or prison.

Edited by kingalfred

Stop this insane "War of Drugs", initialized by War Lords, maintained by corrupt politician and the World Wide Mafia, destroying millions of lives through criminalisation of a sickness (addicts) and demonised by the press, wasting billions of $, filling up Jails around the world to make real criminal out of harmless people......when you get it, that the way it is held right now since about 50 years is the wrongest and inefficient way of all possibilities possible? Legalize all and hand over the control to responsible people in charge, stop demonising something which is older (using "drugs") then the actual WAR civilization!!

Wake up folks in the governments around the planet, don't waist your time for a mission impossible! You will never ever succeed. And the way it is handled right now is the most dumb way possible.

This HUB is getting around, out of Canberra this morning, Australia is going to be the regional HUB support for some friendly Asian Air forces, this Hub is a pain in the Arse , but they could be right, Thailand has been a area of concern for drugs for decades , with the word HUB it is now official.bah.gif

It is a multi-trailer rig I believe.

Now that's a hub to be proud of thumbsup.gif Seriously though you couldn't make this <deleted> up is it just a limited vocabulary thing poor translation or what? How many hubs, probes, investigations and crack downs can there be in one country at once. Clearly there isn't a limit

even the thoughts are a beginning,but the approach?

have look for the root of the problem and start tackling this.you can't cure headaches by cutting of the head...

They are fighting the same problem with the same methods since 30 years and it only got worse.

Even people who aren't very smart should start to question if the methods might be wrong and if they should change their approach. But not happening here.

Gee... do you mean if we keep doing the sames things the same way we might keep getting the same result?! That's incredible!!

Well that is my thought......

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result... For anyone who has spent in time in Thailand over the past 35 years, it has never changed, they just import a new market.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Kerry

Did I just read a kinda progressive standpoint from this guy, not one of hunt em down and lock up the users.... Would be better if they just focused on the supply and importation side of the industry but i guess you gotta have both. Strange change in tune, compared to the past, no gunning down extra judicially drug anything suspects.

If you reduce the supply, prices going up and the remaining supplier make more profit. It get more interesting for new supplier to enter the market.

You need a complete different approach. You need to take the money out of it.

For example: Forget about the Marihuana.

For the other drugs, allow pharmacies to sell them to user. That for sure will increase the use in the short range. But no addict need to get criminal to get the money for the drugs.

The drug mafia won't earn any money, so they aren't interested into make more people addicted and they'll loose influence on politics and police. And it won't be interesting because forbidden for teenager anymore. So in long term it will reduce the problem at much lower costs, maybe even profit.

I might be wrong on that, but after trying the same thing for decades with bad results something different should be tried.

I might be wrong on that, but after trying the same thing for decades with bad results something different should be tried.

Let's legalize rape and murder while we are at it since catching and prosecuting offenders has yet to stop these crimes. We obviously need to try something different!

you may note that rape and murder is harming someone else. Usually drug addicts harm others on their search for money, because the dealer are ripping them off.

Drug addicts that can get their things cheap don't harm anyone else (usually).

So I really don't understand consume a drug (like smoking a cigarette) is equal with rape????

Beside that who should allow what substances I consume: Yingluck, Prayuth, Chalerm, Obama or his wife (just thinking for the food in the schools) or should it be up to myself. At the end I have to bear the consequences if I use drugs, eat myself fat like a pig or be drunk all day.

Supporting drug dealer/mafia by ensuring that the profit keeps high is hurting the people who don't use drugs.

• Like 1

Legalize or at least decriminalize Weed and the statistics looks better. Obviously the harsh drug laws don't work. So, try another way.

And it is a complete waste of resources to hunt down people who smoke a funny cigarette at evening......

Did I just read a kinda progressive standpoint from this guy, not one of hunt em down and lock up the users.... Would be better if they just focused on the supply and importation side of the industry but i guess you gotta have both. Strange change in tune, compared to the past, no gunning down extra judicially drug anything suspects.

If you reduce the supply, prices going up and the remaining supplier make more profit. It get more interesting for new supplier to enter the market.

For the other drugs, allow pharmacies to sell them to user. That for sure will increase the use in the short range. But no addict need to get criminal to get the money for the drugs.

The drug mafia won't earn any money, so they aren't interested into make more people addicted and they'll loose influence on politics and police. And it won't be interesting because forbidden for teenager anymore. So in long term it will reduce the problem at much lower costs, maybe even profit.

what worries me most is the kind of drugs beeing used...it's not a harmless joint it is the real bad stuff..

but as long you get the same penalties for the hard stuff as for the soft one???

and as stated before as long there is no future,no way out of poverty,no education,no way up what else can you do to bear it?the older generation got there Lao Kao now it's Yaba...

in my home country i would guess the 50 % of male teenagers smoking regulary weed.but with a future by education most quit after they've got a good job...

but as long you have to work in a drudging job 16 hours a day and you barely survive- what's left.

have look for the root of the problem and start tackling this.you can't cure headaches by cutting of the head...

They are fighting the same problem with the same methods since 30 years and it only got worse.

Even people who aren't very smart should start to question if the methods might be wrong and if they should change their approach. But not happening here.

The same applies to many countries ex: Canada, most of the US and we're supposed to be smart people!!

Stop this insane "War of Drugs", initialized by War Lords, maintained by corrupt politician and the World Wide Mafia, destroying millions of lives through criminalisation of a sickness (addicts) and demonised by the press, wasting billions of $, filling up Jails around the world to make real criminal out of harmless people......when you get it, that the way it is held right now since about 50 years is the wrongest and inefficient way of all possibilities possible? Legalize all and hand over the control to responsible people in charge, stop demonising something which is older (using "drugs") then the actual WAR civilization!!

Wake up folks in the governments around the planet, don't waist your time for a mission impossible! You will never ever succeed. And the way it is handled right now is the most dumb way possible.

If you wanna see a mega 'hub' try looking at the CIA's cultivated, protected stash in Afghanistan! Makes thailand's issues with 'narcotics' dwarfed. It'd mangle their minds, but the concept that victimless crime such as this subject is far more trivial, petty than greater issues they face- like the recent increases in slews of grizzly murders, violence in the south.... priorites: explains a lot!

The same applies to many countries ex: Canada, most of the US and we're supposed to be smart people!!

yes same for Europe.....I am not telling that our countries are any smarter.....My home countries PM was taxi driver before. Obviously to stupid for the job so he become politician.....

Edited by h90

what worries me most is the kind of drugs beeing used...it's not a harmless joint it is the real bad stuff..

but as long you get the same penalties for the hard stuff as for the soft one???

and as stated before as long there is no future,no way out of poverty,no education,no way up what else can you do to bear it?the older generation got there Lao Kao now it's Yaba...

in my home country i would guess the 50 % of male teenagers smoking regulary weed.but with a future by education most quit after they've got a good job...

but as long you have to work in a drudging job 16 hours a day and you barely survive- what's left.

The first problem is that the harmless things and the real bad stuff is mixed together in the law and in the education. When I went to school everything was the same evil in the teaching, the glass wine in the evening to injecting heroin was the same.

Yaba is amphetamines like ecstasy. I wouldn't be sure what is more harmful the home brew Lao Kao or Yaba. There are plenty of people who used Yaba and stopped it. But of course as you say, if you have no future (and no present) people will drink themself to death or take other drugs. That can't be fixed with looking at the drugs only.

That the illegal drugs are mixed with all kind of other rubbish is an additional problem......

I didn't read the article, it was too long, By the sound of the title though, it seems that finally there could be a source of national pride within Thailand for us all to grasp on to with steely talons and an iron determination. Could this be the hub of Atlantis that we've all been searching for? Dare to dream. Dare to dream...

I didn't read the article, it was too long, By the sound of the title though, it seems that finally there could be a source of national pride within Thailand for us all to grasp on to with steely talons and an iron determination. Could this be the hub of Atlantis that we've all been searching for? Dare to dream. Dare to dream...

Its the usual ASEAN'S hub of BS, hot air, & big talk never do. At least they're consistent!

• Like 1

It's all a blind eye he couldn't care less how many people are addicts. A addict needs rehabilitation not prison and when in prison we all know drugs are available. Only 2 percent of the population are addicts. He must of suck that one at of his thumb. Everyone knows the drug cartels are untouchable.

• Like 1