Make Yingluck pay, PM told

webfact

If all corruption was successfully punished by forcible repayment everyone would be bankrupted.

The judges would have to fine each other

The military return all their weapons

The politicians raise money from the poor to finance their campaigns

Maybe quite a good scenario but a tad unrealistic me thinks :)

• Like 1

And today, the newest chapter of the top-selling fiction novel titled Selective Enforcement was revealed to the current junta government. The chapter continues the thick plots of "it's a good beginning" and "all evil comes from our declared enemies"; and, of course, the main theme of the novel "no new players allowed on the field," will continue as planned.

Soon to be a major Hollyweird movie and Fraudway drama! The music for the film is being composed by the kingdom's current top composer. As well as the classic and now beloved parody of "Auld Lang Sang", there will be new adaptions of "God Save the Queen", of course transformed for the correct gender (and for the American audience out there, please remember the British did it first), new adaptations of "The Farmer in the Dell" (allegedly to be rebranded as "The Farmer Went to Hell), and a new ballad, sure to be a classic "When the Saints come Marching In" to be remade appropriately as "Now Those Shins Can't March Back In".

wink.png

• Like 1

No due process - just grab their money. This is the summary of his recommendation.

More like a freeze on every conceivable asset, including the billions sitting in the names of her maids, drivers, gardiners, and swimming pool cleaner. Let there be blood.

yes freeze it till the court rules. Block the sale of property and accelerate the cases at court so it won't need 10 years.

An analysis by fivethirtyeight shows that a coup, on average, costs 2.1% of GDP in the year it happens, 1.3% the year after and 0.2% the year after that. The World Bank's predictions for the Thai economy match this.

Perhaps Prayuth and the other members of the junta could reach into their mysteriously deep pockets and make up for this lose. Plus, of course, there's extra cost of the junta simply copying all the Thaksin/Yingluck 'populist' policies, opposition to which plays a significant role in their entirely non-existent claims to legitimacy. Though, that said, even the fantastic amounts of money which the junta has collectively stashed away is unlikely to be sufficient.

• Like 1

where corruption can be proven against the people concerned it would be justice to seize all their assets and reimburse Thailand for their theft/profit taking.As it stands anyone that is shown to be corrupt or use corrupt practices to improve their/their families/their friends wealth suffer no financial loss at all, they are given piddly fines and moved to inactive posts, maybe if they started losing their wealth and suffered jail time we would see the corruption start to disapear.

Ah yes I agree totally. One problem however is Lack of Sanctions (LOS) is not a "rule of law" country so.... anything goes (pretty much).

This could be very dangerous and might set a precedent. What about the Yellow Shirts who blockaged Suwannaphum Airport? What about Mr. Suthep and the Bangkok Lockdown? Are they also going to have to pay for the economic Damage that their acts caused? Oh Silly me. Of course not!!!

But but Suthep......

That is about the corruption of the Yingluck government. If Suthep did something wrong or not is another topic. (Sondhi is in the jail or was there.....)

Your argument is like when they catch you robbing a bank you should go free because there is another thief who isn't in jail yet.

• Like 2

Just another stupid statement from someone on the far right!!

RIP democracy. RIP justice system.

Make sure you wear your yellow shirt!!

Democracy?

Let me remind you that an inexperienced and not so bright, pretty lady was Democratically elected 3 years ago, not because of her personality but because of the family name, and the dubious pre election promises.

That Lady, and her democratic elected government drove Thailand into chaos and made corruption flourish.

The present PM, not democratically elected is trying to bring Thailand back to a descent standard.

And he is doing a good job, up to now.

Please, spare me of the thought of the word you so much like to mention.

• Like 1

Democracy?

Let me remind you that an inexperienced and not so bright, pretty lady was Democratically elected 3 years ago, not because of her personality but because of the family name, and the dubious pre election promises.

That Lady, and her democratic elected government drove Thailand into chaos and made corruption flourish.

The present PM, not democratically elected is trying to bring Thailand back to a descent standard.

Costas, get back to bed, you are to early today !

This is a new concept in Thailand, making the corrupt pay the money back. The problem with that is they are all corrupt, dear leader and all. Pot calling the kettle black.

we got to start somewhere to clean up the mess right? its never too late, its not as if the previous government tried to clean up corruption, most made it worst and its a snowball effect now.

The old saying 'clean up your own own back yard before looking in someone else's '

Seems to fit.

Democracy?

And also remind that they did massive vote buying, which would have brought them all into jail in every western country.

• Like 2

I say we make the new junta leader pay for all the deaths in the south that have occured since stealing power from the countrymen of Thailand. The Thai government is worse than a kindergarden playground. How these people interact with the world is beyond my comprehension??

• Like 1

No due process - just grab their money. This is the summary of his recommendation.

"They urged Prayut to take legal action against Yingluck over the Bt510 billion the scheme allegedly lost.

Kaewsan said Prayut had yet to appoint a panel to examine the damage. He said he did not want the government to focus the examination on whether there had been corruption in the scheme, but wanted the regime to take legal action to make people pay compensation."

I think you'll find that the real summary of his recommendation was that due process was followed.

Do I think they Shins were corrupt? Almost certainly, but they wouldn't get a fair trial, let's at least be honest about that. One should always remember from where the allegations of corruption came from first. Just because Suthep or Prayuth say so, doesn't make it true.

However, I worry about the Junta's lack of intelligence. They managed to forcibly take power and they look like keeping it for some time (they didn't go to all that trouble of 12 values in schools for nothing). There may be elections in 2016 or whenever,, but it will be a total sham with only one side able to control Thailand. I worry about their intelligence because I think if they 'rub it in' even more by arresting or even jailing Yingluck; (that is coming you can be sure of it) would that be more or less likely to cause a potential broo-ha among her supporters? Elections show that quite a few do actually support and like her. Jailing her will turn her (perhaps undeservedly) into another Aung San Suu Kyi and end up bringing unwanted things like trade embargoes on Thailand.

They've got what they wanted but seem to want to rub it in the faces of those that elected their government. Dangerous game if they push too hard.

Edited by Fatty123
  • Like 1

Last week the Government signed an agreement with the Chinese government to sell China 400,000 tons of rubber at Bt60/kg to be delivered in 18 months. Since the farmer's cost of production was Bt65/kg, the net loss is Bt1.8 billion. Shouldn't that come out of Gen. Prayuth's assets? Maybe he might not want to set any precedents.