Prayut suggests chartered flights to fly Indian couples to get married in Thailand

Lite Beer

Prayut suggests chartered flights to fly Indian couples to get married in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha suggested that there should be charted flights to fly Indian couples to receive wedding services in Thailand.

In his pre-recorded speech for his weekly TV programme aired Friday night, Prayut said he heard that Thailand is a popular destination for Indian couples looking to get married.

"Indian couples increasingly get married in Thailand as we are renowned for our talents in organizing beautiful weddings. Thailand and India are very common in terms of culture and traditions. The idea of Indians getting married in Thailand could be an important boost," Prayut said.

"What if we have special flights for them to fly here or offer an unforgettable site where they can wed?"

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-suggests-chartered-flights-to-fly-Indian-co-30250308.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-19

Is it only me, or is this guy losing it by the minute??

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

Even you, should be able to understand this.

Sure. We understand. Money First. Quality Tourists. Thailand the hub of happiness. Yes we understand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

Is this intended as a serious post?

Actually a lot of countries have special charted flights for weddings, Hawaii, Hollywood, Disneyland just to name a few. and if statistics show that there are a lot of couples from India coming to Thailand to get married, then why not make such a suggestion? remember if you can afford to charter an aircraft then you can afford to stay in the best hotel for your honeymoon, and what about the families and wedding guests that will be invited? I can assure you they will be financially strong.

Why is he loosing it?

Is this intended as a serious post?

India had a population of 1.27 Billion in 2014, if 1% of that population decided to hold their wedding in Thailand that would boost tourism by a lot and in turn boost revenue a lot

Seems like a good idea to me but I wouldn't really expect the average TV Thai bashers to agree with anything in this country

His daughter has a wedding dress business. I kid you not.

When asked about this Prayuth answerd:

“I don’t know. I don’t remember,” Gen. Prayuth said. “I am not a businessman. Please don’t ask me about this.”

"I have rights to my privacy. It's not true that you can do anything against me just because I am the prime minister. I am also a citizens with rights to defend my privacy, OK?" Prayut said.

• Like 2

"80,5% of indian is hindu.it is followed by Islam (13.4%), Christianity (2.3%), Sikhism (1.9%), Buddhism (0.8%), Jainism (0.4%), Judaism,Zoroastrianism, and the Bahá'í Faith

Marriages in India are filled with ritual and celebration that continue for several days. Generally anywhere between 100 to 10,000 people attend. Often, many of the attendees are unknown to the bride and groom themselves.

Wedding traditions vary across religion, caste, ethnicity, language, region, etc. Traditional Indian weddings are generally structured into pre-wedding ceremonies, wedding day ceremonies (consisting of the Baraat, the Varmala and the Satphere), and the Vidaai. When the marriage has been agreed upon, the father of the bridegroom visits the father of the bride. The day before the expected arrival of the marriage procession,[4] lavish preparations are done by the family to receive the groom (shaadi ki tayaari) in beautiful and decorated venues, typically farmhouses or hotel halls, where a sacrificial fireplace called marhwa is built. Brides decorate themselves with gold and diamond jewellery, apply [mehndi] to colour hands and feet, and undergo various bridal rituals, including wearing bridal lehenga or saree. Bridegrooms typically wear a [sherwani] dress or a designer suit. To complete the marriage, the bride and groom walk in a circle (phera) around the sacrificial fire."

more ceremonies follow

because of this,i dont think any indian will ever go get married in Thailand

• Like 2

Phuket is already a popular destination for hiso Indian couples who wish to marry in Thailand - some weddings fly in hundreds of guests from India.

But these weddings do little - IMHO - to benefit the average Thai Mom and Pop business. The wedding parties stay in 5-star hotels and I simply cannot imagine hiso Indians buying from the somtam lady or using Somchai's taxi service.

If Prayut really wants the average Thai tourist business to benefit, then he needs to support ideas that encourage the return of western tourists, who don't have hang-ups about venturing out from their hotels to explore and shop locally.

Do the Chinese tour groups benefit the average Thai? No - they are never 'let off the leash' by their tour leader

Do the Russian tourists benefit the average Thai? Probably more so.

Above all, it is the Australian, European and American tourists who put money into the pockets of working class Thais. The General should be eliminating the many problems (scams etc) that have sent these western tourists scurrying to other destinations.

• Like 2