ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Honestly I might have to stand next year. biggrin.png

Seeing as it's so desperate, I might have to stand myself. Heck, it might even be interesting.

why anyone would get involved with such an embarrassing display of childishness is beyond understanding

Seeing as it's so desperate, I might have to stand myself. Heck, it might even be interesting.

why anyone would get involved with such an embarrassing display of childishness is beyond understanding

Bang on, AJD. What I propose to bring to the 2015 TVPOTY table is a more mature, sincere campaign. Gone are the dregs of 2014, it's just me and, ermm, some infidels.

Freedom of speech and honour will mark high on my manifesto and more importantly, democracy, just as long as it's done my way.

Bang on, AJD. What I propose to bring to the 2015 TVPOTY table is a more mature, sincere campaign. Gone are the dregs of 2014, it's just me and, ermm, some infidels.

Freedom of speech and honour will mark high on my manifesto and more importantly, democracy, just as long as it's done my way.

sounds like a campaign for "the more things change , the more they stay the same"!!

Diana Ross- I'm Still Waiting

Apart from making something that Smokie thought I was capable of and another suggestion to defrost the bird, I have had little constructive help.

I am off to watch The Hobbit tomorrow with the Boy, but still eager to cook the bird.

Prick it all over with a fork, for all the fat to come out. The duck fat is good for roasting tatties. If in doubt just go to BBC.com and look up the Saturday Kitchen live recipes, one of the chefs must have roasted a duck at some point!!

Oops, Smokie beat me to it, In fact Brian Turner roasted a fine looking duck this morning, with lots of veggies.

And I thought you would give me something Hot & Spicy to cook

Here's what you're wantin'.

http://kaycooks.com/recipes/pad-krapow-ped/

Make your ped as phet as you like.

• Like 1

Diana Ross- I'm Still Waiting

Apart from making something that Smokie thought I was capable of and another suggestion to defrost the bird, I have had little constructive help.

I am off to watch The Hobbit tomorrow with the Boy, but still eager to cook the bird.

Prick it all over with a fork, for all the fat to come out. The duck fat is good for roasting tatties. If in doubt just go to BBC.com and look up the Saturday Kitchen live recipes, one of the chefs must have roasted a duck at some point!!

Oops, Smokie beat me to it, In fact Brian Turner roasted a fine looking duck this morning, with lots of veggies.

And I thought you would give me something Hot & Spicy to cook

Here's what you're wantin'.

http://kaycooks.com/recipes/pad-krapow-ped/

Make your ped as phet as you like.

Thanks Lanna, I'll have a look tomorrow

Let me see if I can breath a little levity and joy into this, almost lead weighted thread.

The Boys have a wee bit of fun.

The PC brigade will go nuts ... but I don't care.

Having some fun ... with a small temper tantrum at the end when it finished.

Enjoy watching it ... I did.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zucv0l9Bqs&feature=youtu.be

Complaints are 3rd floor, second door on the right..

Did you get your painting done David?

Nancy, you're very kind for asking.

With most painting jobs, preparation is the key ... slapping the paint on takes relatively little time.

So, first some sugar soap to clean the nasties off the wall.

I apply it with one of those scrubbers which, when rubbed hard will etch the paint work.

Then use clean water to remove the sugar soap and a little of the paint that is removed.

Let it dry over night ... which it did.

Cut in the edges, which I will do this morning, catch some of the Cricket, then roll on the first colour coat.

Two coats ... as I'm changing colours.

Edited by David48

None of the nominates are helping is the VISA section.... for a website called ThaiVISA, where users primary come for VISA, during the biggest VISA crackdown ever known in the country...coffee1.gif

If nonsensical was a poll that would be it.

Actually, it's one of the areas that I'm most active in ... but you most likely won't see it as I'm in the 'Outbound' Visa section, not the inbound one which you mostly would read.

• Like 1

None of the nominates are helping is the VISA section.... for a website called ThaiVISA, where users primary come for VISA, during the biggest VISA crackdown ever known in the country...coffee1.gif

If nonsensical was a poll that would be it.

Actually Jingthing and NancyL do post from time-to-time in the VISA section. The heavy lifting in that forum is from the moderators, who are not able to participate in this contest.

I'm not talking of heavy lifting and you know it.

How about empathy? sympathy? emotional support? in this holiday sharing time of the year when dozens of us are being humiliated, treated like criminals and generally refused fair treatment just because rules have changed.

When they do their job to share their experience all they get here is contempt or "I told you treatment" .

Kitsume, have any of the four candidates personally made posts that indicate a less than compassionate attitude to those who have fallen victim to the changes in the the visa rules? I really don't think I have. What about the other three candidates?

My name is KitsuNe with an N

None of you are there, that's all.

It's easier to joke around here and look the other way I guess...coffee1.gif

These 2 threads for example, right bang in Christmas time, could not find any of your "compassionate" messages...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/786846-60-not-90-days-for-ed-extensions/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787392-blocked-at-poi-pet-because-spent-94-days-totally-in-2014/page-2

Let me see if I can breath a little levity and joy into this, almost lead weighted thread.

With most painting jobs, preparation is the key ... slapping the paint on takes relatively little time.

I apply it with one of those scrubbers which, when rubbed hard will etch the paint work.

Then use clean water to remove the sugar soap and a little of the paint that is removed.

Cut in the edges, which I will do this morning, catch some of the Cricket, then roll on the first colour coat.

David, your painting technique sounds very professional. Can you post some color swatches? And your reasoning for selection?

Kitsune, sorry I spelled your name incorrectly.

I've been monitoring the Visa forum during this eight-month contest. I saw the threads you mentioned, but since I've never had an ED visa, done an extension in Bangkok or a land crossing from Cambodia, I didn't post on the threads you referenced because I didn't have anything to contribute. I agree, "judgmental" comments have no place on the Visa forum and I don't think you'll find me making comments like "how can someone live here 15 years and not speak Thai"

I hope everything works out OK for you.

Smokie, great to catch up last night. A pleasant and unexpected surprise :)

Don't forget the denouement of this thread that I paid you for... in true Thai election style I'm expecting to recoup my costs later via the patronage system

Cheers

Fletch :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know it makes sense: Vote None of the Above1.

1. A real alternative to: Mrs Doubtfire; Rainbowdash the prancing pony; Costas (aka Tom Conti) the Greek gigolo; and "Saint" David

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

So I make that:

4. Costas the Greek gigolo: 56

3. Saint David: 61

2. Mrs Doubtfire: 129

1. Rainbowdash: 160

Twins: disqualified for not having a degree and being underage, but by far the best candidates

5. None of the Above: 3.

Come on mods let's give the 5th candidate a fair run, and get them up and running soonest.

Looks like an interesting last few days smile.png

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know it makes sense: Vote None of the Above1.

1. A real alternative to: Mrs Doubtfire; Rainbowdash the prancing pony; Costas (aka Tom Conti) the Greek gigolo; and "Saint" David

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by fletchsmile

David, your painting technique sounds very professional. Can you post some color swatches? And your reasoning for selection?

This is an election not a selection! rolleyes.gif

Time to ad some excitement to this poll, Bring back Patsycat!!!

No. Thank you. Too tired and knackered and - honestly, JT should win this.

If Mrs. Bitey does or even if she doesn't - she should come out of her shell and look at the other threads and places on here.

Listen to some Music in the Pub, and, obviously, visit For Patsy in Bedders which shall be five years old in January - for all your cat pleasures.

Edited by Patsycat

Time to ad some excitement to this poll, Bring back Patsycat!!!

No. Thank you. Too tired and knackered and - honestly, JT should win this.

If Mrs. Bitey does or even if she doesn't - she should come out of her shell and look at the other threads and places on here.

Listen to some Music in the Pub, and, obviously, visit For Patsy in Bedders which shall be five years old in January - for all your cat pleasures.

But you just said you voted for David.

• Like 2