ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

No more talking about kids or pictures of the same ilk please on this thread.

Yes yhey are adorable but let's get to grips with the Rotary Club and David's inability to grow carrots.

Where is the late run going to come from?

I say vote Todd Weston

....he will still be able to give a speech inebriated!

Well, I was planning a late run, but then you left me out of the list despite being nominated...
You have my sympathies SoiBiker.

An oversight on my pwan...did the list while I was in the lounge at Amman....the free bar may have played its part.....:o

A booze-related incident. Oh well. It's hardly the first time that's happened to me.

I could have been a contender, if it wasn't for the drink...

Edited by SoiBiker
  • Like 1

Who is authorized to name the nominees.

Seems like it just one of the little cliques on this forum nominating each other, mostly being on the general forum.

What about :-...

I could name many more.

Neeranam ... there was a thread running ... thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014-nominations ... went for 23 pages.

The names were taken from them ... nothing nefarious.

As for being Cliques on the General Forum ... not really.

Most of my time is split between the Farming Forum and the Australian side of the Visa Forum, plus some time down at the Pub and the Pet Forum ... maybe our paths don't cross often.

Don't give smokie36 a hard time ... he does his best under difficult circumstances.

Nah give me the hard time.

I have broad shoulders and beer tokens aplenty.

I can take it. :wub:

• Like 1

THANKYOU Sir, kind words. I would of commented a bit earlier but I took at tumble today and ended up in the hospital again.

On the upside, my vote tally doubled today!

biggrin.png

Neverdie:

I was worried about you.

You very funny man, very funny man. Keep posting every 10 minutes so I know you're OK, all right?)

All my love,

Gecko

Geks,

Ur a good man, don't worry about me. I'm as old as the hills and getting sillier by each day.

• Like 1

I voted already, thanks.

so you wont answer? not very important then?
I don't understand why you're asking the question. There isn't anyone I was hoping to vote for who's not on the list.

so why complain? your candidate was included.

You've misunderstood. But don't worry. It's been dealt with now.

I don't know Nancy L from Nancy Sinatra, but am wondering if her comments would be turned into a character issue if she was a man? Is a double-standard being applied here?

I also don't think labelling Costas "a frivolous poster" is fair either. He has contributed enormously to the spirit and sense of comraderie and community on TVF, the value of which should not be discounted at all.

He's contributed enormously to the sense of there being a closed clique with their own shared in jokes and references, treating the forum like their little clubhouse whilst making anyone they don't like feel unwelcome. I wouldn't call that community.

SoiBiker:

I understand the perception of a TVF clique, but I think Costas has a very inclusive disposition, and I've never gotten an, 'I'm in the in crowd, and you're not' vibe from him.

In fact, quite the opposite.

Yeah I read that the airst time. It doesn't really address my point.

SB ... I understand your point ... just don't know how to explain it any differently ... apologies.

I get that poll numbers are limited. What i don't get is arbitrarily ignoring some people's nominations without explanation or apology.
Streuth!

I didn't until just now, realise someones actually taking this seriously!

I vote Soibiker!

Seriously I couldn't give a rats arse.

Sanook wise. Vote for neverdie.

I promise nothing and will give an unlimited supply of it !

• Like 2

I don't know Nancy L from Nancy Sinatra, but am wondering if her comments would be turned into a character issue if she was a man? Is a double-standard being applied here?

I also don't think labelling Costas "a frivolous poster" is fair either. He has contributed enormously to the spirit and sense of comraderie and community on TVF, the value of which should not be discounted at all.

He's contributed enormously to the sense of there being a closed clique with their own shared in jokes and references, treating the forum like their little clubhouse whilst making anyone they don't like feel unwelcome. I wouldn't call that community.

SoiBiker:

I understand the perception of a TVF clique, but I think Costas has a very inclusive disposition, and I've never gotten an, 'I'm in the in crowd, and you're not' vibe from him.

In fact, quite the opposite.

He constantly participates in the in jokes the clique spread across the forum, then refuse to explain even when directly asked. That's exclusive behaviour.

Beer is flowing here.

If one of the mods is reading can you add SoiBiker to the polling list please....it appears I omitted his name by mistake.

Thanks.

laugh.png

He'll be happy now, was getting worried that Soi Bikey was going to attack you with his umbrella

• Like 1

I woke this morning with 4 votes, now I have 16.

I've nearly got a woody ! Nearly ! :D

Reminds me of a song I once knew, it was played to the tune 'thankgod I'm a country boy'.

Starts off ;

"Woke up this mornin with a roaring great phat,

Head on my dik big enuf to wear a hat"

Then there were other words and the chorus went,

"Cows are fun to phuck because you don't have to kiss em,

Thankgod I'm a cuntry boy "

I can't remember the rest but I'm fairly sure I couldn't post em ere if I did !

:D

Gotta keep the mod & modettes happy ;)

• Like 1