ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey Haybilly! easy enough for you to cast a vote for Ulysses, and he could really use your support. Just have a look at the poll at the top of this page, and make a click in the box beside Ulysses name. If you make a mistake and accidentally vote for one the unacceptable candidates, you can click 'delete my vote', and the go ahead and vote Ulysses.

This is good advice for everyone who have so far voted for the wrong candidate and not for UG.

Is this only visible on a PC, or the dedicated TV app? I generally use neither and rely on my 'Phablet' (ugh! Horrible word) and Tapatalk app- here I can find no poll .

Better crank up the PC.

• Like 1

And meanwhile, Nancyl is QUIETLY taking a healthy lead.

Despite some despicable posts earlier in the evening

This should be a bit of fun, but I guess when the 'lobby shamelessly' post went up we should have realised otherwise.

I've given her my vote hope it helps towards a hollow victory.

I guess if you are going to get dirty here, you need to go all the way, so the mods will remove it and most people will never see it.

Sorry to see feelings getting hurt, this is a good platform for some harmless jests.

Yes, agreed. Although Nancy L's posts were certainly not jests.

Was very low posting to be honest, in what is actually been more of a joke competition than anything.

• Like 2

I just removed some (actually a bunch of) inappropriate accusatory posts and replies. Seems the election campaign just got dirty and some comments are way out of line.

Thanks to the election overseers.....the candidates need to remember....don't get caught out with your dirty tricks and subterfuge! ;)

• Like 1

Well, OK I'd had a long day and a few red wines. I think David's twins are cute. I just don't think it's a good idea for him to be showing them to the entire world on a public forum where someone could piece together details about where he (and they live). They can't give their informed consent to be shown to the entire world and these posts stay on the internet for a long time. That part of my post I think is still valid and deserves to be mentioned.

Some of the other language I used to describe David's actions was out-of-line and for that I apologize.

At no time did I say anything inappropriate about the twins. They're adorable.

I missed your posts, but kind of glad as I have got the gist of it now.

I used to come onto the forum after one too many, but I stay well away from computers and Forums, social networks and emails. I used to embarrass myself after recalling my actions, comments, commitments ......

I have taken up public streaking instead - far safer wink.png and more fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaking

NEVERDIE FOR PM, erm Poster Of The Year I mean.

• Like 2

Well, OK I'd had a long day and a few red wines. I think David's twins are cute. I just don't think it's a good idea for him to be showing them to the entire world on a public forum where someone could piece together details about where he (and they live). They can't give their informed consent to be shown to the entire world and these posts stay on the internet for a long time. That part of my post I think is still valid and deserves to be mentioned.

Some of the other language I used to describe David's actions was out-of-line and for that I apologize.

As you state in your vid your major expense is boozeburp.gif

I missed your posts, but kind of glad as I have got the gist of it now.

I used to come onto the forum after one too many, but I stay well away from computers and Forums, social networks and emails. I used to embarrass myself after recalling my actions, comments, commitments ......

I have taken up public streaking instead - far safer wink.png and more fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaking

NEVERDIE FOR PM, erm Poster Of The Year I mean.

It was too cold last night for public streaking. Besides, I'd scare the elephants into stampeding.

• Like 1

As you state in your vid your major expense is booze:burp:

You're misquoting me AFT. I said food and beverage is our major expense but it would be less if we didn't drink beer and wine.

My point was the interviewer was wrong to start asking by about housing expense -- at 12,000 baht/month (at that time) it's less than the grocery and restaurant bill and would be even if we didn't drink alcohol.

Edited by NancyL

As you state in your vid your major expense is booze:burp:

You're misquoting me AFT. I said food and beverage is our major expense but it would be less if we didn't drink beer and wine.

My point was the interviewer was wrong to start asking by about housing expense -- at 12,000 baht/month (at that time) it's less than the grocery and restaurant bill and would be even if we didn't drink alcohol.

How can I misquote your own video?

OK, we need an independent agency to make a transcript of the video. Any volunteers? The comment starts at about the 0:57 mark.

And there's a chilled bottle of champagne in the refrigerator for anyone who gets it right!

Edited by NancyL

Everybody makes a poor choice now and then. Why not let it go?

As I have and posted a few posts before you, namely ...

<snip>

But, since those comments were directed to me and my Family and no-one else, let's draw a line in the sand on the matter and move forward.

I don't hold a grudge, but I have a long memory.

What's been said, has been said ... and now hidden.

Let's return to some campaigning, some banter and a bit of fun.

OH ... and let's not forget ... vote for David48 ... thumbsup.gif

And meanwhile, Nancyl is QUIETLY taking a healthy lead.

Despite some despicable posts earlier in the evening

Maybe she felt her image was too squeaky clean? That might not win one votes on Thai Visa.

UG, if you had read them, you wouldn't be making those comments now.

I have respect for you ... I had respect for NancyL ... but not any more.

Even if she was (supposition) pissed @ 2am Thai Time, it's no excuse to slag me or my Family in the way she did.

Some of the members even posted asking her to directly apologise privately and publicly.

Had some of the people who have voted for her, read those posts ... and there was more then one, they would be 'unvoting' her.

They wouldn't vote for me ... the Chiang Mai crowd don't know me.

Maybe they may have voted for you ... who knows.

Suffice to say, that's one image tarnished for some time to come.

But, since those comments were directed to me and my Family and no-one else, let's draw a line in the sand on the matter and move forward.

I don't hold a grudge, but I have a long memory.

What's been said, has been said ... and now hidden.

Let's return to some campaigning, some banter and a bit of fun.

OH ... and let's not forget ... vote for David48 ... thumbsup.gif

David, a very understanding and mature post.

Yes, back to campaigning.

More fun too please, as you, I, Toady, Costas and others have been having.

Life is too short.

Vote David48

• Like 1

OMG ... Nancy ... even though you have apologised, in part ... you are still finding form to have a shot at me and the Family ... facepalm.gif

You know nothing about me, my Family and what we've been though.

You blame it on the booze ... it wasn't a few night caps dear it was 1 - 2 am Thai time when you were posting.

I don't care if people tried to find out where I and the Family lived.

Heck, if you ever explored other parts of Thai Visa, you will see photos of the Farm, the Kids, the Aunts and Uncles, Nieces and Nephews. We don't live in a world of fear ... we live in an open society.

How about the very popular thread ... show-your-half-asian-baby ... started in 2009, over 20 pages now, warmly supported my the Mod Boo. Hundreds, if not thousands on baby/children photos there ... should that be shut down also!

NancyL ... give it a rest.

Just give it a rest.

David, rumour has it the CM expat club party hard till all hours, some say excessively.

Anywhere else...is just not as sociable.

OK, we need an independent agency to make a transcript of the video. Any volunteers? The comment starts at about the 0:57 mark.

And there's a chilled bottle of champagne in the refrigerator for anyone who gets it right!

Here we go booze again. Nancy admitting you have a problem is the first step. You're a booze houndburp.gif