ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I need to differentiate myself from the other front runners by making some campaign promises that I can actually keep to secure YOUR vote and make your life better. These are big issues within my power to fix and I'll reveal more promises in the days ahead.

For starters, if you vote for NancyL, I promise to reserve a table for you at the CM Expats Coffee Morning, so that when Dave finally decides to open the north side of River Market restaurant to the crowd, you can go straight to the breakfast buffet line to load-up knowing your favorite table will be waiting for you.

Just like this happy Thai Visa diner, whose vote I have yet to secure:

Nancy, I was thinking of posting a video of myself, my grandchildren, being lovey dovey with the wife and lots and lots of furry mammals, surrounding us.

But I hesitate, as I'm afraid you will be horrible to me as you have been to David.

Can you control yourself this time Nancy?

Or it's a lost cause.........................

I need to differentiate myself from the other front runners by making some campaign promises that I can actually keep to secure YOUR vote and make your life better. These are big issues within my power to fix and I'll reveal more promises in the days ahead.

For starters, if you vote for NancyL, I promise to reserve a table for you at the CM Expats Coffee Morning, so that when Dave finally decides to open the north side of River Market restaurant to the crowd, you can go straight to the breakfast buffet line to load-up knowing your favorite table will be waiting for you.

You sure do look like a man Nancy. I'm voting for David.

Bad Costas. No submission.

I agree with you gobla. I'm withdrawing my Costas vote and giving it to David too.

• Like 1

I've upped the ante -- finally figured out how to submit an avatar. AND I'm brave enough to use a photo of moi! See the nametag prove it.

The goofy guy with the plate of food is a voter who took advantage of my campaign promise and then mumbled something about forgetting his Thai Visa password.

Edited by NancyL

I agree with you gobla. I'm withdrawing my Costas vote and giving it to David too.

• Like 2

I've upped the ante -- finally figured out how to submit an avatar. AND I'm brave enough to use a photo of moi! See the nametag prove it.

The goofy guy with the plate of food is a voter who took advantage of my campaign promise and then mumbled something about forgetting his Thai Visa password.

No soup for you !

Nancy, I was thinking of posting a video of myself, my grandchildren, being lovey dovey with the wife and lots and lots of furry mammals, surrounding us.

But I hesitate, as I'm afraid you will be horrible to me as you have been to David.

You are going backwards Costas....lost 2 votes in 10 minutes......hope it doesn't catch on.

Are there women on the list?

And why Costas is so popular?

No women....but there's nancy....I think she's part woman part creature created in hell. She nice now but wait until she knocks back a couple of bottles of plonk.

Costas is popular because he was the first Greek milker of badgers to wear a Super sized TGAU whilst juggling gerbils.

• Like 2

Whatever you want to do with small animals is just fine. But leave the children out of it.

Costusalot the Greek skirt wearing, badger milking member losing votes and slipping behind the social worker from Chiang Mai who attacks the integrity of an honest father of twins.

Seems the contest is heating up since the opting out of some other candidates, good honest candidates they were too.

This is getting more like the Wacky Races every minute.

Edited by WhamBam

You really can't tell from NancyL's avatar?

Now THAT is unkind! Here I go an expose myself to everyone on Thai Visa. I should have known this would happen. Well, maybe the word 'expose' is a poor choice, but still. No one said this was a beauty contest. or is it? Oh that's right, I forgot about that photo of Costas in the dress. That was early in the contest. I don't have any dresses that fluffy.

Uptheos, something tells me that's not really you in your avatar -- at least not in a recent decade.

Jingthing ... welcome back into the discussion.

It's so much more colourful that now you are back ... thumbsup.gif

Sadly, most of the audience will miss the subtle message you have posted.

Let me now go find a barrel ... maybe I can get to the bottom of it ... whistling.gif

Now THAT is unkind! Here I go an expose myself to everyone on Thai Visa. I should have known this would happen. Well, maybe the word 'expose' is a poor choice, but still. No one said this was a beauty contest. or is it? Oh that's right, I forgot about that photo of Costas in the dress. That was early in the contest. I don't have any dresses that fluffy.

Uptheos, something tells me that's not really you in your avatar -- at least not in a recent decade.

Please don't expose yourself. You can have the frigginn vote. Just don't scar me for life granny. Please.

No wonder the freaky guy visits the soapies when ur out plain bingo...poor chap. Now I know why he tortures the cat.

• Like 1

Whatever you want to do with small animals is just fine. But leave the children out of it.

Seems to me that Costas is not the guilty one regards children passifier.gif on here and it was not he who started that and not he who called the father of twins a perv. Maybe sometimes it is better to leave some subjects alone and try a different tack.

The wind might blow and the hit-the-fan.gif

Capturing a moment in time ...

post-104736-0-00672700-1419322582.jpg

NancyL

Respect Lassie ... wai.gif

I am not really back.coffee1.gif

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly suggest that NEXT YEAR that I take over the role of POLLMASTER for future Thaivisa Poster of the Year contests.

Of course, I would no longer be eligible as a candidate then, so THIS YEAR is your last chance to do the right thing and crown me with the gold for my many years of dedicated typing.

I am serious, BTW.

I sincerely believe I can do this POLLING CONTEST job MUCH BETTER than it has ever been done in the past.

I have a detailed plan, including including many more nominations in an elimination phase, clearly defined rules, and a limited number of FINALISTS for the final vote.

Also, under my Poll Lordship, anyone who has ever won previously would NOT be eligible. It's not fair to the many thousands of posters for any one poster to win more than once. They shouldn't be so GREEDY. (Of course, I would welcome any current candidates who have ever won in the past in the spirit of not being SO GREEDY to withdraw from this year's race, you know who you are, you aren't going to win this year, all you're doing by staying is DISTORTING the race).

Thank you for your consideration.

I suppose there may be a public fight with Smokie if he declines to PASS THE TORCH to me to run the poll.

I am confident I am the most qualified member to run all future Poster of the Year Contests.

Of course this doesn't have to be decided now. But I think it's worth mentioning.

Carry on with THIS YEARS's contest, horribly flawed as it is, and good luck NancyL and ME, as I still want to win, as this is my LAST CHANCE.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

What's unkind?

azaazo9 asked if there are any women on the list.

I would have thought from your name and avatar that it's really obvious we have.

Bit early in the day for paranoia isn't it?

• Like 1

Gentlemen, in the spirit of Christmas, let's forgive past sins and let Nancy be welcome in the thread and post unhindered.

We all know what went down.

But let's move forward.

With the recent retirements, it's (currently) a race between Khun Costas from the middle and Nancy from the North for the lead.

Jingthing and I will battle it out for the last Podium spot.

That said ... I haven't given up hope of challenging for the top position.

BTW ... it's 2 days before Christmas .. it's just a bit of a lark, some holiday fun.

I've just cracked my 3rd beer ... and guaranteed I won't be cooking sausages tonight ... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I am still new here, and since this forum is run by male posters, how can I be sure who is who?

Sometimes men have female avatars...

Edited by azaazo9
  • Like 1

Also, under my Poll Lordship, anyone who has ever won previously would NOT be eligible. It's not fair to the many thousands of posters for any one poster to win more than once.

That's about the biggest bull I've ever heard. So you mean that Armstrong shouldn't have been eligible for the Tour after he had won it once?