ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Back to the topic at hand.

Am i to presume, on current standings, that Jingthing, the leader by a huge majority, is almost 3 times as popular as the current 3rd and 4th placings?

But that's what happens with play offs and often the team who finished way ahead gets beaten.

playoffs are great when the structure and rules are established at the start of the season. Not the end.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where are the current rules posted?

Smokie originally announced a contest with the end date set. By not mentioning a runoff process by default he was creating a contest with no runoff.

When there is no fine print you can put it in after.

Smokie originally announced a contest with the end date set. By not mentioning a runoff process by default he was creating a contest with no runoff.

I see your point, especially as you have a healthy lead.

Has a reason been given for having a run off - does a reason need to be given if there are no rules?

• Like 1

Has a reason been given for having a run off - does a reason need to be given if there are no rules?

The reason seems to be doing anything possible - no matter how dishonest or immoral - to prevent Jingthing from finally taking home the crown.

One lesson learned is that anyone who wants to win, in the future, better start kissing butt on the Pattaya forum long before the contest.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I disagree. It's been a very poor job.

Nomination process never explained

Choices added after voting begins.

Now this runoff when it was never announced before.

You're leading the polls.....so what's the problem?

A new runoff contest that was never announced ... nobody is leading anything. Runoffs are great if the parameters and scheduled at the beginning of the process. Not late. I strongly object to this last minute surprise runoff.

You see my dear Jingthing, a run off, if your votes and Nancy's votes are deleted, will favour the old boys club. That would be a mockery of the popular vote.

I am sure smokie36 means to keep the current vote tally and simply delete everyone under that.

No, imagine yourself, on 121 votes, being beaten in a match off by someone with 40 votes? It simply would not happen.

Is that what smokie36 has said?

So Smokie is your intention to wipe out all votes to zero and start over or not? The leaders NancyL and myself deserve an answer. We earned those leads and if you wipe them out you will indeed be giving an unfair second chance to the old boys club. Unfair because you didn't spec the process from the start.

Attention aschmention. David 48 started the slinging because he thought as usual I would ignore his relentless troll baiting. But enough is enough. If he is gonna dish it out and he did ... expect push back.

JT

The flame wars of yesteryear, were an awful lot worse than anything I have seen recently.

Now, why not take a breath and let things ride, you are taking this so seriously, I am now wondering whether you are scamming the lot of us.

This was meant to be fun and rule changes have always been part of the games we play as things evolve.

Patsy's late inclusion was a laugh, a major defeat for me, but a laugh all the same.

A four person run off just adds a little spice, ( I can't actually believe I said that ) I am sure Smokes will leave the scores as they are, which allows those that voted for others, to recast their votes, for those remaining. It is standard practise in certain voting structures.

Good Luck

Moss von Richtoven

• Like 1

The reason seems to be doing anything possible - no matter how dishonest or immoral - to prevent Jingthing from finally taking home the crown.

One lesson learned is that anyone who wants to win, in the future, better start kissing butt on the Pattaya forum long before the contest.

G,

I still can't see any compelling reason why anyone would want to win ..... The benefit is what?

Attention aschmention. David 48 started the slinging because he thought as usual I would ignore his relentless troll baiting. But enough is enough. If he is gonna dish it out and he did ... expect push back.

JT

The flame wars of yesteryear, were an awful lot worse than anything I have seen recently.

Now, why not take a breath and let things ride, you are taking this so seriously, I am now wondering whether you are scamming the lot of us.

This was meant to be fun and rule changes have always been part of the games we play as things evolve.

Patsy's late inclusion was a laugh, a major defeat for me, but a laugh all the same.

A four person run off just adds a little spice, ( I can't actually believe I said that ) I am sure Smokes will leave the scores as they are, which allows those that voted for others, to recast their votes, for those remaining. It is standard practise in certain voting structures.

Good Luck

Moss von Richtoven

Mr Moss,

You, like Patsy are an absolute WINNER !

Gentlemen, despite all the baiting posts, I'll do my darnedest not to raise to the bait.

As much as I want to wade in and reply ... I'll decline.

So why the post? Wouldn't posting nothing at all accomplish the same goal?

No not at all, posting nothing at all would not acomplish the same goal

Smokie has been silent on wiping out the votes. I still assume that was his intention. Very unfair to both NancyL and myself. It does seen a setup to detail the success of the current leaders and give David 48 another in to a second win.

So Smokie is your intention to wipe out all votes to zero and start over or not? The leaders NancyL and myself deserve an answer. We earned those leads and if you wipe them out you will indeed be giving an unfair second chance to the old boys club. Unfair because you didn't spec the process from the start.

Yes, not fair smokes.n Jingthing is right again. Don't let the old boys club back in f f s.

Who are the old boys club?

JT

Good Luck

Moss von Richtoven

Mr Moss,

Why thank you Mrs ND

Brilliant piece of the use of Irony

• Like 1

Smokie has been silent on wiping out the votes. I still assume that was his intention. Very unfair to both NancyL and myself. It does seen a setup to detail the success of the current leaders and give David 48 another in to a second win.

When is smokie due to make the announcement?

David's had his POTY moment....this POTY is for Jing.....or his mate in the hills. Both these guys earnt their position at the top of the table ;)

Let's not make this election look farcical

• Like 1

David's had his POTY moment....this POTY is for Jing.....or his mate in the hills. Both these guys earnt their position at the top of the table wink.png

Let's not make this election look farcical

Well, considering JT came from a long way behind and has stormed to the front, I would say he deserves it.

You see my dear Jingthing, a run off, if your votes and Nancy's votes are deleted, will favour the old boys club. That would be a mockery of the popular vote.

I am sure smokie36 means to keep the current vote tally and simply delete everyone under that.

No, imagine yourself, on 121 votes, being beaten in a match off by someone with 40 votes? It simply would not happen.

Is that what smokie36 has said?

How could it be an other way. smokie36 comes across as a fair man.

Reverting to zero for all voters might have David48 and costas salivating.

For nancy and Jingthing and the 250 MEMBERS who have voted for them it would be a slap in the face and farcical.

JT

Good Luck

Moss von Richtoven

Mr Moss,

Why thank you Mrs ND

Brilliant piece of the use of Irony

I post too much,flap my gums, am a silly small man @ 185cm /95kg, laugh too much, enjoy a stir but I recognise PURE CLASS when it passes by ;)

2015 - POTY -PATSYCAT.......should we start campaigning soon?

G,

I still can't see any compelling reason why anyone would want to win ..... The benefit is what?

Who knows? However, he has been desperately wanting to win it for years now - and, if no one changes the rules, it is within his grasp - so there is that.

• Like 1

If I become Polling Lord which it seems the management won't let happen as they might want to run it themselves this kind of ambiguity and major questions about the entire process being corrupted to favor an old boys club clique favorite choice other than the leaders will never be an issue.

Edited by Jingthing